MSI Sis648 released!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Final Words
The MSI 648 Max-F motherboard is an impressive piece of silicon for the most part.
Hmm, I wounder if the guys at Anand are just stupid or if they've been sitting around smoking thunderbirds?

BTW, in case you didn't know, motherboards are made of epoxy with copper traces.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

DrJeckyl

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Not just that crash, but that MSI board doesn't look impressive to me at all. I definitely want a Sis648 chipset board, but it won't be a MSI.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, it has some nice features but enough missing features that it doesn't look like a complete performance package.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Ah, but did you read the quote? "The MSI 648 Max-F <b>motherboard is </b> an impressive piece of <b>silicon</b>".

tmproff

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002
Now wait a minute....when you talk about a car, do you just mean the Frame? Of course the chipset is part of the motherboard......You are a silly man. As to the KT400 debate. I'd love to see these tests redone with the new CAS 2 memory and also the new processors comming out on the new FSB. Also, see I'd love to see a test between the 4X AGP and the 8X to see if there is any difference using the Radeon 9700 pro.

Heh, I'd like to see you upgrade your chipset w/o changing your board :)

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Actualy, the Asus and Abit ones are for sale. I got the Asus one from Ajump. Looks pretty nice.

If ignorance is bliss, then why is everyone so miserable?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Car? Frame? Dude, I'm quoting THEM, THEY are the ones that said motherboards are made out of silicon, I'm simply telling you what the board itself is made of. If you had a ZR1 Corvette and said it was made out of aluminum, I'd tell you how wrong you were. Most of the engine and a few chassis parts were made of Aluminum, the majority of the car being made of Steel and Fiberglass. In fact, I wouldn't argue if you said it was made of fiberglass, because I would assume you were speaking of the body.

JaeSun

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2002
but point is, if you talk about the car, do they mean the frame? when i talk about cars, do i talk about domestic or imports? they probably just talking about it general, *rolls eyes*