Mcafee Problems With Blocking Internet Access or Promoting..

July 26, 2004 12:25:03 AM

Hi:

I have a problem with the Mcafee Administrator sign in and hence,
Internet access

I'm using cable for Internet access off of a 8 month old Dell 4600
desktop

Mcafee Privacy Service and Firewall is active and I have a problem
signing onto my Administrator ID.

I know what my password is, and when I use password help, it verifies
what I know to be the password.

When I use that p/w for Adminstrator sign in, it says invalid user,
yet I can use that same password to disable privacy service. I end up
having to sign in with another user with different p/w that I created
but 99% of the time when I try to reach a web page, it says it is
being blocked by the Adminstrator.

I can't delete Privacy service because it says I have to be signed on
as administrator, which I can't do.

How do I change the administrator p/w or delete Mcafee all together?

BTW, Mcafee was used during a free trial period which has experied,
yet is still active.

Thanks in advance!

-MACE-
Anonymous