Mcafee Problems With Blocking Internet Access or Promoting..

Hi:

I have a problem with the Mcafee Administrator sign in and hence,
Internet access

I'm using cable for Internet access off of a 8 month old Dell 4600
desktop

Mcafee Privacy Service and Firewall is active and I have a problem
signing onto my Administrator ID.

I know what my password is, and when I use password help, it verifies
what I know to be the password.

When I use that p/w for Adminstrator sign in, it says invalid user,
yet I can use that same password to disable privacy service. I end up
having to sign in with another user with different p/w that I created
but 99% of the time when I try to reach a web page, it says it is
being blocked by the Adminstrator.

I can't delete Privacy service because it says I have to be signed on
as administrator, which I can't do.

How do I change the administrator p/w or delete Mcafee all together?

BTW, Mcafee was used during a free trial period which has experied,
yet is still active.

Thanks in advance!

-MACE-
1 answer Last reply
More about mcafee problems blocking internet access promoting

    McAfee has many support documents
    http://us.mcafee.com/root/genericURL_genericLeftNav.asp?genericURL=/common/en-us/supportcenter/retail/hot_topics.asp&genericLeftNav=/en-us/support/support_nav.asp#

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "MACE" <pmacey1999@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > I have a problem with the Mcafee Administrator sign in and hence,
    > Internet access
    >
    > I'm using cable for Internet access off of a 8 month old Dell 4600
    > desktop
    >
    > Mcafee Privacy Service and Firewall is active and I have a problem
    > signing onto my Administrator ID.
    >
    > I know what my password is, and when I use password help, it verifies
    > what I know to be the password.
    >
    > When I use that p/w for Adminstrator sign in, it says invalid user,
    > yet I can use that same password to disable privacy service. I end up
    > having to sign in with another user with different p/w that I created
    > but 99% of the time when I try to reach a web page, it says it is
    > being blocked by the Adminstrator.
    >
    > I can't delete Privacy service because it says I have to be signed on
    > as administrator, which I can't do.
    >
    > How do I change the administrator p/w or delete Mcafee all together?
    >
    > BTW, Mcafee was used during a free trial period which has experied,
    > yet is still active.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    >
    > -MACE-

Internet Access McAfee Windows XP