Favorite Star Wars moment or memory?

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Hey all,
The 30th anniversary of Star Wars is next Friday and we have a bunch of Star Wars related stuff coming on Tom's/Twitch. I thought it might be nice to get the Forumz involved by having folks chime in with their favorite Star Wars moments or memories, whether it's in regards to the movies, video/pc games, or whatever. So holler back when you have a chance, thanks.

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
I wasn't a big fan in my youth. One of my younger sisters was, so I tried to avoid Episodes 4-6 growing up. Still, I'm grateful for a few things that resulted from the franchise and/or George Lucas: Harrison Ford, ILM, THX, and LucasArts. I've had better experiences with Episodes 1-3, since I've given up my bias.

I enjoyed just about every scene in Episode 1 with Darth Maul. Ray Park is an amazing talent.

I also enjoyed Yoda's lightsaber duel, the first time.

I loved Natalie Portman in Episode 2 (the other two as well, but not as much). Especially dressed in blue. I can't remember most of the movie, even though I saw it several times in theaters and at home, because nearly every time she came on screen I'd just melt. All mental and emotional control was lost. I was hers. :oops:

Did you ever see that deleted scene where Padmé's giving a tour of her old home, or something like that? Probably the best she looked in the whole film. They must have labeled it too hot for theaters. :wink:

Oh, and I thought Ewan McGregor did great.

That's it, I'm going to watch Episode 3 for the second time now that we have a TV that works...

antikristuseke

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Seeing episodes 4-6 when i was younger as the poster before me cant pick out any moments. Allso have fond memories of playing some Rogue Squadron game in the past aswell as Dark Forces 2 on my old box.
Ofcourse honorary mention goes to the bongsabre fight in Jay and Silent Bob strike back which is only worth watching with a few friends while drunk and/or stoned.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Easy one for me. It may be somewhat controversial to say "Jedi" was my favorite one growing up, but what the hell.

1. Vader rescuing Luke and killing the Emperor in "Jedi." To me, it was the seminal moment in the entire trilogy. Anakin Skywalker saves his son and finally brings balance to the force, fulfilling his destiny. I still get chills....

Runner's Up:
2. The Battle of Yavin and X-Wing assault on the Death Star, "Star Wars."

3. Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon/Darth Maul lightsaber showdown, "Phanton Menace."

4. The Asteroid Belt chase in "Empire." A classic chase scene.

fdlouw

Distinguished
May 23, 2007
My number one memory is probably at around age 9, sitting with my dad watching Return of the Jedi on a Saturday. I had no clue what was going on, but seeing poor Luke jogging back after the speeder scene through the forrest made us both laugh. My dad said something like "Geez, poor guy, they must have flown a good couple of miles!" and I still get the chuckles everytime I see that.

Second was playing Jedi Outcast for the first time at a friend. We only had time for me to try and get the lightsaber before we had to go. I was struggling with the force powers, trying to push the lightsaber out of the cage instead of pulling it. The anticipation and pressure was rewarded when I eventually figured it out and was brandishing a lightsaber for the very first time! Woohoo! I immediately proceeded to smash every rock and burn every wall in sight. We had to leave then, but that moment made me go out and buy the game, enjoying many more (and better) lightsaber scenes later on.

The third moment that stands out is when I managed to get seats to the opening of Episode 3, half an hour before the time. It was my first time at a Star Wars opening, and even though I was looking immensely forward to the movie, I expected a rush and didn't have high hopes of getting seats. However, there were some front row seats open and my poor girlfriend didn't have a say in the matter. When the "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..." writing came on, we were all cheering and clapping hands. She just looked at me, her geeky boyfriend she never knew she had, and shook her head. Haha! I just sat there watching all the plot holes being filled in, but that first few seconds is what crowned all the anticipation and excitement during the few months leading up to it!

And of course many more, but those three stand out.