Deleting limited acess user accounts

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

For some odd reason, I cannot delete one of the limited
user access accounts on my system. When I attempt to
delete "Craig," (not responding) appears in the title bar
after a minute or so of attempting to remove the account.
When I attempt to login as Craig, noting happens, the PC
freezes.

I have current virus protection, scan are done at
midnight every 24hrs. I have spyware and adware
protection, and all of my Windows updates are current.

What the heck is going on? If the account is corrupted,
what do I do to get rid of it?

Thanks!
..

Heather;
Have you tried it in Safe Mode?
Reboot tapping F8 each second.
Select Safe Mode at the menu.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Heather" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some odd reason, I cannot delete one of the limited
> user access accounts on my system. When I attempt to
> delete "Craig," (not responding) appears in the title bar
> after a minute or so of attempting to remove the account.
> When I attempt to login as Craig, noting happens, the PC
> freezes.
>
> I have current virus protection, scan are done at
> midnight every 24hrs. I have spyware and adware
> protection, and all of my Windows updates are current.
>
> What the heck is going on? If the account is corrupted,
> what do I do to get rid of it?
>
> Thanks!
> .

Yeah, I tried it in safe mode, and that acocunt doesn't
even show up.

???

Heather;
How did "Craig" get there to begin with?
What happened to cause this problem?
When in Safe Mode, did you attempt to create "Craig" again?

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Heather" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some odd reason, I cannot delete one of the limited
> user access accounts on my system. When I attempt to
> delete "Craig," (not responding) appears in the title bar
> after a minute or so of attempting to remove the account.
> When I attempt to login as Craig, noting happens, the PC
> freezes.
>
> I have current virus protection, scan are done at
> midnight every 24hrs. I have spyware and adware
> protection, and all of my Windows updates are current.
>
> What the heck is going on? If the account is corrupted,
> what do I do to get rid of it?
>
> Thanks!
> .

As long as you're an "Administrator" level user, you can try the following.

Right click on the "My Computer" icon to bring up a context menu.
From the context menu, choose "Manage".
Now under "Local Users and Groups", look for this user you wish to remove in
either the "Users" folder or the "Groups" folder.
Click on the name you wish to remove and then click on the "Remove" button,
then click OK.

Please reply to the newsgroup.
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

"Heather" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some odd reason, I cannot delete one of the limited
> user access accounts on my system. When I attempt to
> delete "Craig," (not responding) appears in the title bar
> after a minute or so of attempting to remove the account.
> When I attempt to login as Craig, noting happens, the PC
> freezes.
>
> I have current virus protection, scan are done at
> midnight every 24hrs. I have spyware and adware
> protection, and all of my Windows updates are current.
>
> What the heck is going on? If the account is corrupted,
> what do I do to get rid of it?
>
> Thanks!
> .

I added "Craig" in normal mode, shortly after we bought
the PC. My fiance tried to access his settings recently,
and the PC froze. I tried to delete his account (Craig)
and it won't let me. Beyond that, I have no info.