File transfer wizard

July 27, 2004 1:28:37 AM

I am planning to buy a new computer which will run on Windows XP.
My old computer runs under Windows98SE.
I have lots of photos, doc and xls files that I will need to transfer.
I understand that XP has something called "File transfer wizard".

How does that work?

How do I connect the two computers to move the data?

Thanks

More about : file transfer wizard

Anonymous
July 27, 2004 2:00:37 AM

Hi,

This should answer many questions:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Nathan Gutman" <ngutman@cshore.com> wrote in message
> I am planning to buy a new computer which will run on Windows XP.
> My old computer runs under Windows98SE.
> I have lots of photos, doc and xls files that I will need to transfer.
> I understand that XP has something called "File transfer wizard".
>
> How does that work?
>
> How do I connect the two computers to move the data?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 2:01:51 AM

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/c...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/d...

It is pretty simple...

--
Best of luck!

Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCP, CCNA, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW A, CIW CI

"Nathan Gutman" <ngutman@cshore.com> wrote in message
> I am planning to buy a new computer which will run on Windows XP.
> My old computer runs under Windows98SE.
> I have lots of photos, doc and xls files that I will need to transfer.
> I understand that XP has something called "File transfer wizard".
>
> How does that work?
>
> How do I connect the two computers to move the data?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 2:14:01 PM

Thank you all, now I understand.