File transfer wizard

I am planning to buy a new computer which will run on Windows XP.
My old computer runs under Windows98SE.
I have lots of photos, doc and xls files that I will need to transfer.
I understand that XP has something called "File transfer wizard".

How does that work?

How do I connect the two computers to move the data?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about file transfer wizard

    Hi,

    This should answer many questions:
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Nathan Gutman" <ngutman@cshore.com> wrote in message
    > I am planning to buy a new computer which will run on Windows XP.
    > My old computer runs under Windows98SE.
    > I have lots of photos, doc and xls files that I will need to transfer.
    > I understand that XP has something called "File transfer wizard".
    >
    > How does that work?
    >
    > How do I connect the two computers to move the data?
    >
    > Thanks

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/crawford_november12.mspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/mgrtfset.mspx

    It is pretty simple...

    --
    Best of luck!

    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCP, CCNA, A+,
    Network+, i-Net+, CIW A, CIW CI

    "Nathan Gutman" <ngutman@cshore.com> wrote in message
    > I am planning to buy a new computer which will run on Windows XP.
    > My old computer runs under Windows98SE.
    > I have lots of photos, doc and xls files that I will need to transfer.
    > I understand that XP has something called "File transfer wizard".
    >
    > How does that work?
    >
    > How do I connect the two computers to move the data?
    >
    > Thanks

    Thank you all, now I understand.
    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:28:37 -0400, Nathan Gutman <ngutman@cshore.com>
    wrote:

    >I am planning to buy a new computer which will run on Windows XP.
    >My old computer runs under Windows98SE.
    >I have lots of photos, doc and xls files that I will need to transfer.
    >I understand that XP has something called "File transfer wizard".
    >
    >How does that work?
    >
    >How do I connect the two computers to move the data?
    >
    >Thanks

Computers File Transfer Windows XP