No "Administrator" in start up

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hi all!

I couldn't make an "Administrator" when I made different
sections to my Windows XP, now I want to run a virus
remover and cannot access my "System Restore" button.

How on Earth can I reinstall an "Administrator" onto the
screen (as one of my choices)

Thank you!

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

hit Ctrl-Alt-Del twice on the Welcome screen and enter Administrator
(probably blank password) in the logon box.

"Chris" <bbchris@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> I couldn't make an "Administrator" when I made different
> sections to my Windows XP, now I want to run a virus
> remover and cannot access my "System Restore" button.
>
> How on Earth can I reinstall an "Administrator" onto the
> screen (as one of my choices)
>
> Thank you!

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I hope someone can help. My computer is sending out
viruses and I keep getting told to clean it up...

I'm in tears here. I hope someone can help me!

George's info only works on XPpro.....
In XPhome, only way is to boot to Safe Mode

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"george" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> hit Ctrl-Alt-Del twice on the Welcome screen and enter Administrator
> (probably blank password) in the logon box.
>
> "Chris" <bbchris@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I couldn't make an "Administrator" when I made different
> > sections to my Windows XP, now I want to run a virus
> > remover and cannot access my "System Restore" button.
> >
> > How on Earth can I reinstall an "Administrator" onto the
> > screen (as one of my choices)
> >
> > Thank you!

For XP Home, boot the computer into Safe Mode, the built in Administrator account will be on the Welcome Screen.

For XP Pro: Press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice at the Welcome Screen, with no users logged on and enter Administrator, and any password that you may have set on this account during setup.

To enable the Administrator account on the new Windows XP logon screen, visit my web site, www.dougknox.com and go to the Windows XP section. Follow the link for Enable Administrator Account ...... This if for XP Pro only!
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.