Starcraft 2 Official!

IGN
11 answers Last reply
More about starcraft official
  1. I'm so happy to see the sequel to my favorite game ever is an RTS and not an RPG along the lines of WoW. I just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Starcraft: Ghost... :?
  2. Yay for Starcraft 2. There are now multiple preview videos available for it, if you search in the right places.
  3. Links? Where to look?
  4. Quote:
    Links? Where to look?

look two posts before you :wink:
  5. By the sound of previews the game is just going to be a graphical improvement on the original with little new in the way of gameplay innovation, just a few new units, shiny 3D look, more units on the battlefield. I'll still get it for the single-player though, Starcraft cut-scenes were awesome.
  6. Quote:
    By the sound of previews the game is just going to be a graphical improvement on the original with little new in the way of gameplay innovation, just a few new units, shiny 3D look, more units on the battlefield. I'll still get it for the single-player though, Starcraft cut-scenes were awesome.

Um, I think a lot of gameplay changes will be made. First off, nearly all of the new units and even the old units have special abilities of some sort, which is a huge difference. Second, if you have watched the videos in depth, you would no that the unit counters are much more extreme now. 6 Immortals killed 5 siege tanks on only 2 of them died. (the other 4 still had shields up)

There will be more units to choose from... Heck, there could still be another race that hasn't been revealed yet. Don't you think that might just change the gameplay a little bit?
  7. The core gameplay is still the same. There will be no changes on the scale of Supreme Commander. I will still play it for the story.
  8. If the changed in the amount you consider "more than little gameplay innovation,: it wouldn't be StarCraft anymore.
  9. SupCom dramatically changed TA by introducing major gameplay changes as well as seriously upping the scale but it's still TA at heart.
  10. Quote:
    If the changed in the amount you consider "more than little gameplay innovation,: it wouldn't be StarCraft anymore.

I agree,

and its got to be hard to make a sequal to a game that is as well loved as starcraft because people will get mad because the game was changed to much and is not starcraft anymore or because the game was not changed at all and is just a re-release of an old classic with better graphics.

I'm still looking forward to it though
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Starcraft 2 Video Games