XP has lost the ability to print

I have a Sony Viao PCV-RS630G & everything was working untill last week it
stopped printing to the local printer (a Canon BJC-3000) on the printer port &
the network printer (a Lexmark 5200) on a wIn 98se computer.

Both printers are shared both ways & worked untill last week.

The Win 98 computer can print to it's Lexmark but now can't find the Canon
printer.

The Sony has both printers listed & will send a print job to either printer but
it just sits there untill it times out & brings up the trouble shooter.

Could one of the Hot Fix's have caused this problem?

Alex,
2 answers Last reply
More about lost ability print

    Alex Barna <ABARNA@mn.rr.com> wrote:

    >I have a Sony Viao PCV-RS630G & everything was working untill last week it
    >stopped printing to the local printer (a Canon BJC-3000) on the printer port &
    >the network printer (a Lexmark 5200) on a wIn 98se computer.
    >
    >Both printers are shared both ways & worked untill last week.
    >
    >The Win 98 computer can print to it's Lexmark but now can't find the Canon
    >printer.
    >
    >The Sony has both printers listed & will send a print job to either printer but
    >it just sits there untill it times out & brings up the trouble shooter.
    >
    >Could one of the Hot Fix's have caused this problem?
    >
    >Alex,

    Try removing and then reinstalling the printers from Control Panel -
    Printers & Faxes. Reboot the computer after removing the printers and
    before reinstalling them. They may autodetect and install themselves
    on the restart.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell wrote:

    > Alex Barna <ABARNA@mn.rr.com> wrote:
    >

    > >I have a Sony Viao PCV-RS630G & everything was working untill last week it
    > >stopped printing to the local printer (a Canon BJC-3000) on the printer port &
    > >the network printer (a Lexmark 5200) on a wIn 98se computer.
    > >
    > >Both printers are shared both ways & worked untill last week.
    > >
    > >The Win 98 computer can print to it's Lexmark but now can't find the Canon
    > >printer.
    > >
    > >The Sony has both printers listed & will send a print job to either printer but
    > >it just sits there untill it times out & brings up the trouble shooter.
    > >
    > >Could one of the Hot Fix's have caused this problem?
    > >
    > >Alex,
    >
    > Try removing and then reinstalling the printers from Control Panel -
    > Printers & Faxes. Reboot the computer after removing the printers and
    > before reinstalling them. They may autodetect and install themselves
    > on the restart.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP
    > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    Have done that 3 times. I had to get scsimap.sys from my win 98se disk & even
    that didn't help. Everything worked until last week. I even tried plugging the
    printer directly into the printer port (Canon is usually is plugged into the
    scanner) the Sony say's both printers are there but times out when doing a print
    test.

    Alex,

Sony Printers Windows XP