AMD Launches 6 Core CPU-ready 890GX Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

grillz9909

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Yeh whatever at twice the price too! Get outta here Intel troll! No one cares about the X58. Im just fine with my x4 965 quad at 4ghz and 2x 5870s in crossfire,2x Velicraptors and 2560 x 1600 res and 8gb ram with my MSI 790Fx board.[/citation]

stopped reading right there
learn2raid noob

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]grillz9909[/nom]i'll wait for 890fx thanks[/citation]
Yeah I was wondering why they would include graphics for this launch. Wouldn't this be targeted at enthusiasts -- the people who have higher end graphics cards

zorky9

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Yeh whatever at twice the price too! Get outta here Intel troll! No one cares about the X58. Im just fine with my x4 965 quad at 4ghz and 2x 5870s in crossfire,2x Velicraptors and 2560 x 1600 res and 8gb ram with my MSI 790Fx board.[/citation]

I do have an AMD system. But between hexacore-ready mobos, X58 appears to be better IMO (withstanding the price).

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]SAINT19[/nom]Well, now we must wait 'till the six-core of AMD and Intel to see who is the winner (90% sure that will be Intel)[/citation]

i'm 100% sure intel will take this one too. unlike nvidia, intel is taking NO breaks in keeping their crown, and AMD will have to really put their money in R&D to catch up... at least their graphics division is kicking ass

i was gonna build a i7 920 system... but i think the six cores are about a year[?] away, i think ima settle with a 890fx and phenom ii 955..shud be about ~$150 less in total, ill put that aside for a new gpu ^_^

spoofedpacket

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009

Why do we get one of these in every thread? Sometimes they get traction and their anti-Intel/Nvidia troll gets +20, other times the band of troll mods doesn't show up.

Let's face it already: This site is for hardware enthusiasts. It is not all about saving every penny on a computer. Congrats on saving money everywhere you could, but not everyone has the same budget or preferences when it comes to building a "rig" as your ilk calls it.

Aside from the hate and drivel trolls bring to this forum- Can't we just be happy both of the big chip makers have 6-core workstation class CPUs on the way soon? I'm pretty happy for my vmware box.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]spoofedpacket[/nom]Why do we get one of these in every thread? Sometimes they get traction and their anti-Intel/Nvidia troll gets +20, other times the band of troll mods doesn't show up.Let's face it already: This site is for hardware enthusiasts. It is not all about saving every penny on a computer. Congrats on saving money everywhere you could, but not everyone has the same budget or preferences when it comes to building a "rig" as your ilk calls it.Aside from the hate and drivel trolls bring to this forum- Can't we just be happy both of the big chip makers have 6-core workstation class CPUs on the way soon? I'm pretty happy for my vmware box.[/citation]
dont feed the trolls just walk away and ignore doesn't /b/ experience teach you anything?

SO wait.... if they are making a mobo specifically with a chipset thats made for the new 6 core Phenoms, does that mean people with a older AMD mobo wont be able to drop in the 6 core?

If so, that would suck for those who bought a system now waiting for the 6 core Phenom IIs.

pink315

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]Looks like the X58 is still a better choice performance-wise.[/citation]

yes with all those 6gbs sata ports integrated right? Last time i checked there is a added chip in x58 to get 6gbs and its a work around. It takes up bandwith and only supplies 2 ports, and most don't support raid. I'm not one of those guys that thinks a ton of extra add in cards make my ego get bigger.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
I'm pretty sure AMD never claimed that the 6 core would work with current mobos. Why would it?

Pretty underwhelming stats for this board though.

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Hmm...Just bought myself a X4 965 (125w). I'll upgrade again when they become more mainstream and when software uses those extra cores.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I'm pretty sure Foxconn released the beta drivers for the Bloodrage to use the sexacore Gulftown a couple months back. =)

One difference however, the sexacore Phenoms will be affordable.

=)

Lewis57

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
I'm going to have to wait until i see benchies. I'm fairly certain Intel will come out top. Once the benchies come around, and its not TOO much performance difference between them, i'll probably go AMD becuase it will be cheaper knowing AMD.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Lewis57[/nom]I'm going to have to wait until i see benchies. I'm fairly certain Intel will come out top. Once the benchies come around, and its not TOO much performance difference between them, i'll probably go AMD becuase it will be cheaper knowing AMD.[/citation]

Not bad considering the the basis for AMD's technology pre-dates Intel's i7. So what if Intel might be faster? AMD will probably be cheaper, and in a lot of cases, be just as good. If you want more compute resources, then eventually you'll be looking elsewhere..and on the GPU side AMD seems to be doing very well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.