problems installing print shop and photo explosion

Tags:
  • Photo
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 27, 2004 1:27:10 PM

I have a new computer and have windows xp. I have installed Microsoft office and britannica with no problems. But when I try to install print shop and photo explosion I am unsuccesfull and then get Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error, for program: am Files\norton system works\passwork manager\acctmang.exe. I have called dell and he helped me do some kind of system check and repair, but I am still having the same problem. Help!!!
--
cindy

More about : problems installing print shop photo explosion

Anonymous
August 2, 2004 1:34:47 PM

Hello Cindy,

You should first verify that the programs are Windows XP compatible, Some of
the older versions were not intended to be run on Windows XP. You might then
want to then Uninstall the applications and disable Norton Antivirus on your
system. Norton should always be disabled before installing software. Then
Install the applications to the system. Start the applications and see if
they run properly. If not, you can set the applications to run in
compatibility mode for Windows 98 (assuming that they are not compatible
with Windows XP), this may or may not work depending on the application and
the dll compatibility. If you're still having issues with the application,
you should contact the manufacturer for assistance. Try going to the web
site of the application and search their knowledgebase if they have one.
Getting a Visual C++ runtime error usually points to errors in the program
code or mismatched .dll files.

Thank You

Bobby Mikkelson
Microsoft