Sign in with
Your question

How can i tell if USB is 2.0?

Last response: in Windows XP
April 27, 2004 9:19:19 PM

Hi

Just installed SP1.
Just wondering how i can tell if my USB ports have upgraded?
Using XP Home and have an ABIT NF7 Mobo.

Thanx

More about : usb

April 28, 2004 4:26:10 AM

Go into Device manager...under Universal Serial Bus Controllers...you should see something like:

USB Enhanced Serial Bus Controller.

Bob
May 1, 2004 11:55:15 AM

First off, who in the world told you that SP-1 could upgrade your USB ports? If you have any questions to ask about your computer, AVOID THAT PERSON AT ALL COSTS!

You cannot upgrade your USB ports by installing ANY software fix. It is hardware and if you want USB 2.0 ports, you're going to be in the market for either a PCI expansion card with 2.0 ports on it or a new motherboard.

Quote:
<font color=green>===</font color=green> Never assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>====</font color=green>

Related resources
May 1, 2004 12:03:17 PM

Think i'd rather avoid your advice Peartree.
I have an NF7 Mobo.

Perhaps you'd better look at the link below particuarly the Top File that can be downloaded.

http://www.abit-usa.com/downloads/driver/drivers.php?ca...

With XP you download SP1 and then go into your device manager and click update driver for the USB Root.

Voila i now have USB 2.0 as standard.
May 1, 2004 6:38:42 PM

Lucky you :) . I hadn't come across a mobo that would update the USB port with a BIOS flash.

Quote:
<font color=green>===</font color=green> Never assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>====</font color=green>

May 1, 2004 7:10:37 PM

No Probs

Thanx anyway.

Like you say Never assume anything!!
!