sharing software between users

How do I get the same software on multiple users of my XP Home computer? I have an administrator account, my children have limited accounts. I somehow - really not sure how I did it - transferred Solitaire (under Games) to my daughter's account and now it has disappeared from my account. This is one example, but there have been others, too. I think it has something to do with "shared" accounts/files.

Please help me, very simply, step-by-step! I'm an EXTREME novice with XP - never had this trouble with Win98!

Thanks

Perhaps it is only the shortcut you have lost.
Click Start--Run and type sol, press enter, did solitaire open?
You just need to create a new shortcut to it and put in on your start menu

To do this, right click on the desktop--select New--Shortcut
For the location enter C:\windows\system32\sol.exe
For the name type Solitaire
Click Finish

Now to put it back on the Start Menu
Left click the shortcut and keep holding the left button down
Hover the mouse over the start menu, it will expand, navigate like normal
until you get where you wish to put the shortcut, release the left button.

Regards
Mark Dormer

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:01:40 -0700, Still Learning in La wrote:

> How do I get the same software on multiple users of my XP Home computer?
> I have an administrator account, my children have limited accounts. I
> somehow - really not sure how I did it - transferred Solitaire (under
> Games) to my daughter's account and now it has disappeared from my
> account. This is one example, but there have been others, too. I think
> it has something to do with "shared" accounts/files.
>
> Please help me, very simply, step-by-step! I'm an EXTREME novice with
> XP - never had this trouble with Win98!
>
> Thanks

When organizing start menus for multiple users, keep the following in mind:

Open Windows Explorer to move Start Menu shortcuts around.

For shortcuts that you want available to all users, use
Documents and Settings\All Users\StartMenu

For personal shortcuts (one account only), use
Documents and Settings\<user name>\Start Menu

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User