Microphone Connection on GA-8IEXP

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
I've got a Gigabyte GA-8IEXP, but I don't know how to connect the the microphone input (MIC) on the front of the PC case to the front audio connector of motherboard. There are two wires attached to the MIC jack of my case that are labelled "MIC" and "GND MIC". I was unable to get the microphone working no matter how I connect them on the mobo. The built-in MIC jack in the rear of mobo works though. Can anyone please tell me which pins on the mobo I should connect the wires to.

Thanks for your advice.

Eddy

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
There Might be a jumper on the Mobo somewhere that enables the front MIC connector, or one that switches the MIC input between that and the normal rear MIC jack plug. Check your mobo manual.

P.S. While I'm writing a post anyway, you wouldn't happen to know where I can download MEMTEST86 from would you? I've seen it mentioned a few times on these forums, and I need to check my RAM.

<font color=blue><i>Your</i> PC may be quieter, but <i>my</i> PC makes a better hairdryer!</font color=blue>

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
Thanks for the advice. I'll check my manual later.
Regarding MEMTEST86, I searched it using google and found the following web site.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Hopefully, you can find the program you need.