problems with cdrom loading driver (code 39)

I have recently lost my c/dvdrom from my system
when i try to reinstall the drive it comes up with a message that the driver is either corrupt or missing (code39)
When I try to update the driver the same message appears

I tried to reinstall the original cd rom that came with the pc and got exactly the same message
Any advice gratefully received
--
Earzy

For an automated fix, see www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Restore Missing CD/DVD Drives to Explorer

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Earzy2" <Earzy2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A198CF2F-2D11-49CF-AB06-A5499C5D2B91@microsoft.com...
>I have recently lost my c/dvdrom from my system
> when i try to reinstall the drive it comes up with a message that the driver is either corrupt or missing (code39)
> When I try to update the driver the same message appears
>
> I tried to reinstall the original cd rom that came with the pc and got exactly the same message
> Any advice gratefully received
> --
> Earzy

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, or
Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553
CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
An incorrect device driver was installed for the CD-ROM device.

"Earzy2" <Earzy2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have recently lost my c/dvdrom from my system
> when i try to reinstall the drive it comes up with a message that the driver
is either corrupt or missing (code39)
> When I try to update the driver the same message appears
>
> I tried to reinstall the original cd rom that came with the pc and got exactly
the same message
> Any advice gratefully received
> --
> Earzy

Kaylene, where ever you are in the world, many thanks for your help I now have my cd/dvd drive back, Thanks again
Paul
--
Earzy

"Earzy2" wrote:

> I have recently lost my c/dvdrom from my system
> when i try to reinstall the drive it comes up with a message that the driver is either corrupt or missing (code39)
> When I try to update the driver the same message appears
>
> I tried to reinstall the original cd rom that came with the pc and got exactly the same message
> Any advice gratefully received
> --
> Earzy

Thanks So Very Much!