Nethack tty and #commands

MedardoITA

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
Hi, I'm new to the forum, so, greets to all.

Some days ago I discovered that I love tty nethack. So, no more tiles for me.
But, unfortunately, I have a problem: the #commands.

In the graphic interface, I used to press #, and to write the command down. No problem with it.

but with the tty interface, when I press #, the game doesn't let me enter the command, it says "unknown command 'M-eccetera". :cry: (for example I cant' enter twoweapon combact)

I tought maybe being europen (italy) my keyboard is somewhat different... don't know... maybe someone as an explanation I tought.

I hope to have been clear, if not, just ask.
Thank you for your time

Medardo

Eemeli

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
Are you sure that you type them the right way? Such as #twoweapon, #sit, #rub...?

At least my European (Finnish) keyboard works as it should.

MedardoITA

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
I have to correct myself, If I press, for example Alt-r, I can rub. But if I press #, there's no command line showing (says unknown command). In the graphical interface it works, I press #and I can write the command. But it doesn't work for the tty.

I can execute all the commands like rub,sit ecc pressing ALT , except twoweapon, because when I press Alt-T, it says "you don't know how to turn undead". So the only way in that case is typing it all, but I can't because the # key says unknown command.

So, lol, now the problem is how do I enter twoweapon combact? eheh

However, it seems strange that I can't get to type the #commands (even if I execute them pressing Alt+key, as an alternative way)

MedardoITA

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
Ok I made confusion, pardon my noobishness.

Someone can tell me (please) the precise command to enter twoweapon combat?

It's the only command I can't execute.

MedardoITA

Distinguished
May 24, 2007
I tought of having resolved the problems by setting numpad:0.
But not, still couldn' get # to work. the meta keys worked fine, but some other commands were still inaccesible to me. (the keys @#[]ù really didn't work at all, my keyboard seemed gone crazy)

I finally resolved, by downloading and using the DOS version, with the dos version all work as it has to work.
I wonder why the win version (tty) screwed my keyboard that way.