Installing progs from cd

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Tried to install a prog from a cd and received a meesage
that Windows Installer Service is not properly
installed. I have installed other progs from cd in the
past with no problem. Any ideas?

Go to run,type:services.msc In msc,scroll down to installer,
double click the text,set to auto from manual start.Then click,start
service,close out.If its corupt,or similiar,go to run,type:cmd In cmd
type:Sfc /Scannow Install xp cd,exit the info page.