chaintech/duron mobo problem

dunhill76

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2002
ok i'm building a bargin system with a duron 900 and a chaintech 7aja2 mobo, here is my problem it's won't recognize the keyboard and i can't get into the bios to install the HD hence the OS or anything else, is this just a bad mobo or am i missing something that i don't know of? it's driving me insane. the chaintech support page is terrible they just let u download the manual that came with the board i'm out of ideas help the newb plz!!!! thanks in advance and cheers.

Is your system freezing up at the post, during memory check? If so, I would try a different memory slot or different memory. The "del" key should get you into the bios. If it's just the keyboard, you may have a bad ps2 port, and you might have to rma the board or get a usb keyboard.

dunhill76

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2002
doesn't freeze up during the mem check although i did try the ram in all 3 slots, starting to think it's just a defective board unfortunately i'm going to have to rma it which means another weeks with this crappy laptop and i still can't play any games. thx for the advice.