Duplicate users

I have lately seen near duplications of all users on my
system. There is, for example, the user "bob" and
then "bobdf495486" , "Mary" then "MaryDF...". The same
for all other users.

Updates current, Norton Virus protection, Spyware
protection.... The computer is sluggish and slow.

What's Up?? Do I get rid of the extra Bob & Mary? Are
these virus-effect??

Help please
2 answers Last reply
More about duplicate users

    Hi,

    Have you reinstalled the system? Have you tried actually deleting them to
    see what happens?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "dadatsea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have lately seen near duplications of all users on my
    > system. There is, for example, the user "bob" and
    > then "bobdf495486" , "Mary" then "MaryDF...". The same
    > for all other users.
    >
    > Updates current, Norton Virus protection, Spyware
    > protection.... The computer is sluggish and slow.
    >
    > What's Up?? Do I get rid of the extra Bob & Mary? Are
    > these virus-effect??
    >
    > Help please

    I think I have the same problem, which may be related to my posting
    entitled "Wrong Windows XP loads at startup."

    Just in case this is a different problem, here is what I'm seeking
    assistance on:

    Ever since I upgraded from Win 98 SE to Win XP Pro, I’ve taught myself
    what it does. Well, up to a point. My horsing around with it, boldly
    stepping where I probably shouldn’t, has left me with the following
    folders and I want to know which ones I can delete. BTW, I'm the only
    user of this computer. And until I can figure out how, it won't be
    networked to my laptop.:

    E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
    E:\Documents and Settings\All Users
    E:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS32
    E:\Documents and Settings\Default User
    E:\Documents and Settings\Default User.WINDOWS32
    E:\Documents and Settings\Dell User
    E:\Documents and Settings\LocalService
    E:\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY
    E:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService
    E:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY

    I know, I know. “E:\” ought to be “C:\.” Heaven knows I’ve tried to
    change that drive designation, which occurred when I had a HD crash and
    took it to my local computer repair shop. When I got it back, C drive
    had become the 250 MB Zip drive and E had become, well, my HD
    designation.

    --
    Munchausen
    Munchausen's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=298