Duplicate users

July 27, 2004 11:54:22 PM

I have lately seen near duplications of all users on my
system. There is, for example, the user "bob" and
then "bobdf495486" , "Mary" then "MaryDF...". The same
for all other users.

Updates current, Norton Virus protection, Spyware
protection.... The computer is sluggish and slow.

What's Up?? Do I get rid of the extra Bob & Mary? Are
these virus-effect??

Help please

More about : duplicate users

Anonymous
July 28, 2004 10:43:32 AM

Hi,

Have you reinstalled the system? Have you tried actually deleting them to
see what happens?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"dadatsea" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have lately seen near duplications of all users on my
> system. There is, for example, the user "bob" and
> then "bobdf495486" , "Mary" then "MaryDF...". The same
> for all other users.
>
> Updates current, Norton Virus protection, Spyware
> protection.... The computer is sluggish and slow.
>
> What's Up?? Do I get rid of the extra Bob & Mary? Are
> these virus-effect??
>
> Help please
Anonymous
July 28, 2004 11:05:57 AM

I think I have the same problem, which may be related to my posting
entitled "Wrong Windows XP loads at startup."

Just in case this is a different problem, here is what I'm seeking
assistance on:

Ever since I upgraded from Win 98 SE to Win XP Pro, I’ve taught myself
what it does. Well, up to a point. My horsing around with it, boldly
stepping where I probably shouldn’t, has left me with the following
folders and I want to know which ones I can delete. BTW, I'm the only
user of this computer. And until I can figure out how, it won't be
networked to my laptop.:

E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
E:\Documents and Settings\All Users
E:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS32
E:\Documents and Settings\Default User
E:\Documents and Settings\Default User.WINDOWS32
E:\Documents and Settings\Dell User
E:\Documents and Settings\LocalService
E:\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT AUTHORITY
E:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService
E:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT AUTHORITY

I know, I know. “E:\” ought to be “C:\.” Heaven knows I’ve tried to
change that drive designation, which occurred when I had a HD crash and
took it to my local computer repair shop. When I got it back, C drive
had become the 250 MB Zip drive and E had become, well, my HD
designation.

--
Munchausen
Munchausen's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid...