Gigabyte+XP2000 Problem

pcosmos

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2002
I have a GA 7VRXP M/B rev. 2.0. It doesn't seem to work with XP2000+ (after 4-5 secs the power is off).Although XP1800 had no problem. The XP2000+ worked in other no Gigabyte M/B. M/B bios is the latest.Can anyone plz help me out?

Lord_Berek

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2002
Have you tried taking the CPU back out and testing it in the other board? You want to move CPU's between systems as little as possible to reduce your risk of damage, but maybe you zapped it or somehow damaged it when moving or placing on the heatsink/fan. I would definately test the CPU in another system to rule this out.

If it does work in another system but on in your GA board, try resetting CMOS to clear the old settings. It is possible that the settings just are not kosher.

mness23

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2002
I had this exact same problem with that motherboard and cpu Combo. The solution for me was to turn the FSB speed down to 100mhz then turn the computer on. It booted fine at the slower speed. I then turned the FSB back up to 133mhz and the computer worked fine. However I still have a problem that randomly around every hour or two the computer turns itself off.

Lord_Berek

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2002
Is it possible that settings are retained even when putting in a new cpu? Could that be half my problems too possibly?

I put in a new cpu.. 1.2Ghz Athlon from a 750Athlon and the stability fell...

Is clearing the CMOS the only way to completely clear it all and start over fresh in the bios?

TRENDING THREADS