anyone use Logitech laser mouse MX for games?

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Has anyone used Logitech laser mouse MX for action games?

Is there a way to configure the speed of the mouse? The mouse configuration screen doesn't have any game template.

NightlySputnik

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I do use it and (that one's for RyanTheSav :wink: ) they have nothing to envy Razor mouse.
You should have a + and - sign below the wheel in the middle of your mouse. With it, and without any drivers, you can go to 400, 800 and 1600 dpi. Really fast also and no lag at all. With drivers, you can add 2 custom resolutions, so you get even more choices. That's a bit overboards for me, but who knows for you.

For me, the MX700 was a Christmas gift. The kind of gift that "I didn't know I needed" if you see what I mean. Now it's the only mouse I use.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Wireless MX600? I think.. I use that and the keyboard, I just can't go back to wired, changing the batteries is getting quite a pain, I should get rechargables at the rate I go through batteries... I heard the razors are nice.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I use a Logitech MX Revolution and before that I used the Logitech MX 1000, both have done me well in gaming. I once had a razor, it was an over rated pile of crap that I soon sold for £5 after paying £45 for it. Saying that I always like to use the default speed on mice, never really needed ultra sensitivity since I find you’re a lot more precise than the twitchers.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
I use a Logitech MX Revolution and before that I used the Logitech MX 1000, both have done me well in gaming. I once had a razor, it was an over rated pile of crap that I soon sold for £5 after paying £45 for it. Saying that I always like to use the default speed on mice, never really needed ultra sensitivity since I find you’re a lot more precise than the twitchers.

For 5 pounds, you must have some customer very happy! :D

EntityAnomly

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
I have used the MX1000 for gaming in the past and it worked well, but I noticed a major improvement moving to a Logitech G5 laser gaming mouse. The MX1000 has high DPI but wasn't designed for gaming, the G5 has the high DPI like the 1000 but is also designed for gaming.

The MX Revolution seems silly to me, what good is a scroll button like that? I can't see a good use for it in a gaming environment, I could be wrong but it would be of no use in any games I play.

So if you like Logitech's I would suggest the G5 or G7(wireless version) for the best in gaming mice from Logitech.

FeareX

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I use an logitech mx510... but i think it doesn't really mather wich mouse you have, more important is wich mouse you are used to work with

Sh4doW

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
I "had" the MX1000 and I thought it was an excellent mouse. But not long after I bought it something went wrong with the battery pack and charger. and it ceased to charge properly, 2 of my friends also had the same problem and got new ones on warranty and those were fine. I heard that you shouldnt leave it on charge any longer than what you need to, but thats just what I heard so It might be BS.

But other than that its a great mouse to use all round, But if your serious about gaming I would sugest a corded mouse say the Logitech G5? I have that one too and have found its also awesome, more so because there is no chance of batteries going low in the middle of a scrim, that and adjusting the weights in the cartridge can be very helpfull.

A few things to think about.

firetatoo

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
for a long time i was very happy with the mx3000 set (mx600 wireless laser mouse)
recently, and probably becasue i use an unusual config (that is mouse1 for back and mouse2 for foreward) the left click started getting funny and double clicking when i onlu ment to single click. also was having problem with drag selecting. but this was after a year of pretty serious gaming, like 20-30 hours a week for over 18 months.

crazyj

Distinguished
May 10, 2004
My friend sent me the following links. They're worth checking out. Take the mouse reviews with a grain of salt because I currently run a Razer Copperhead and after I got used to it, I love it.

Messing with mouse acceleration is a mistake because of how windows interprets it. Basically you want to leave that at default, in the middle. Otherwise your accuracy will suffer in FPS games.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1265679
http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html
http://www.overclock.net/faqs/73418-how-improve-mouse-response-accuracy-changing.html