Rachel

I was told in a newsgroup that I should install Win
Patrol. I have been trying to do so under a secure
download C-Net from download.com and I am receiving the
following message: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The
system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and
Microsoft Windows applications. At the top of message in
blue ( I think where the messages is coming from) says:
16 bit Windows Subsystem - should I contiue to try to
install or use another program? What is System32? I think
I have seen something in a file w/ an infection w/ part of
that name a few days - a week ago. Help! Getting confussed!

"Rachel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was told in a newsgroup that I should install Win
> Patrol. I have been trying to do so under a secure
> download C-Net from download.com and I am receiving the
> following message: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The
> system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and
> Microsoft Windows applications. At the top of message in
> blue ( I think where the messages is coming from) says:
> 16 bit Windows Subsystem - should I contiue to try to
> install or use another program? What is System32? I think
> I have seen something in a file w/ an infection w/ part of
> that name a few days - a week ago. Help! Getting confussed!

Over simple explanation. In binary code a bit is a 1 or a 0. A 16 bit
program is written in binary code of 16 bits. A 32 bit program is written
in binary code of 32 bits. Windows XP applications are 32 bit.

Forget your Win Patrol program. Actually, I do not know what it is.

Do you have an anti-virus program installed? If not, you should install
one. I prefer Norton Anti-Virus 2004. However, you will find others you
violently prefer other programs. Before you install, follow directions and
run a virus check on your system.

The obtain a software firewall. Zone Alarm { http://www.zonealarm.com/ }
has a free program. Others do also.

Then install a program do deal with the pest. Ad-aware and Pest Proton are
suggest program.\

Post back on specific problems for addition help.

Don