Help with Download -

I was told in a newsgroup that I should install Win
Patrol. I have been trying to do so under a secure
download C-Net from download.com and I am receiving the
following message: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The
system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and
Microsoft Windows applications. At the top of message in
blue ( I think where the messages is coming from) says:
16 bit Windows Subsystem - should I contiue to try to
install or use another program? What is System32? I think
I have seen something in a file w/ an infection w/ part of
that name a few days - a week ago. Help! Getting confussed!
1 answer Last reply
More about help download

    "Rachel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I was told in a newsgroup that I should install Win
    > Patrol. I have been trying to do so under a secure
    > download C-Net from download.com and I am receiving the
    > following message: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXE.NT. The
    > system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and
    > Microsoft Windows applications. At the top of message in
    > blue ( I think where the messages is coming from) says:
    > 16 bit Windows Subsystem - should I contiue to try to
    > install or use another program? What is System32? I think
    > I have seen something in a file w/ an infection w/ part of
    > that name a few days - a week ago. Help! Getting confussed!

    Over simple explanation. In binary code a bit is a 1 or a 0. A 16 bit
    program is written in binary code of 16 bits. A 32 bit program is written
    in binary code of 32 bits. Windows XP applications are 32 bit.

    Forget your Win Patrol program. Actually, I do not know what it is.

    Do you have an anti-virus program installed? If not, you should install
    one. I prefer Norton Anti-Virus 2004. However, you will find others you
    violently prefer other programs. Before you install, follow directions and
    run a virus check on your system.

    The obtain a software firewall. Zone Alarm { http://www.zonealarm.com/ }
    has a free program. Others do also.

    Then install a program do deal with the pest. Ad-aware and Pest Proton are
    suggest program.\

    Post back on specific problems for addition help.

    Don

Download System32 Microsoft Windows XP