suicidalwatcher

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
i just downloaded the game and whenever i try to play it the intro movie finishes and then a gray screen just goes on my screen and i cant do anything but move the mouse can anyone tell me whats wrong?

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Probably means your graphics card, and/or your computer can not fully support the game. List your computer specs for us to better determine the problem.

suicidalwatcher

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2007
i have a 7600 gt and 1 gig of ram but i figured out the problem somehow when i downloaded my motherboard chipset drivers it caused something and it wouldnt let my card work right so i just system restored it to another day before the drivers and it works fine now :wink:

i do have a question what settings in the game are more ram and processor related? and in what order should i download the patches?

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Ram is needed more in bigger areas. Larger maps, lots of people, lots of things moving. etc. I would even suggest another 1GB of ram to be on the safe side. As for processor, as long as its not old like P4 2.0ghz and under, old stuff like that, then you should be fine.

Patches, I think you can just download the latest one and it just goes from there. I haven't played BF2 in a while, so I can't recall or know any changes on how to do it.