Altered files

I have XP, and firewall and virus protector. I've noticed that two of my
files have changed their names somehow - instead of being "My pictures" and
"My Music" - they suddenly appear as "$'s pictures" and "$'s Music"
Can you suggest what may have happened? It wont let me rename them.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

Download Ad-Aware 6.0 and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button

Note: Be sure to click on the "Check for updates now" link before scanning.

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Judy L" <me@anywhere.com> wrote in message:

|I have XP, and firewall and virus protector. I've noticed that two of my
| files have changed their names somehow - instead of being "My pictures" and
| "My Music" - they suddenly appear as "$'s pictures" and "$'s Music"
| Can you suggest what may have happened? It wont let me rename them.

Thank you for your help Carey
Judy