The Orion Ryder Character Compendium

Well Desktop did this and I actually learned a few things from his
post. Yeah strange things can happen in the world, huh?

-------------
Single Player:

Patriarch Shythed Lev 89 Hybrid Barb Single Player
Badly built but still made it through Hell. He is far from perfect but
you and I and Sam Kinison just gotta love him.

-----------------------
Non Ladder, Ladder Rejects from last Ladder Reset, West US:

Patriarch Shythed_I (Shythed JR #1) Level 79 Dual Sword Swinging Singer
Barb
The last of the ladder rejects recently defeated Baal in Hell. Retiring
with intentions of cheering on SamKinison

Patriarch Shythed_II (Shythed JR #2) Level 84 Pole Arm/Leap Attack Barb
Built as is despite the most god awful Leap Attack bug that shuts off
at the worst possible time yet still defeated the Diablo Clone. The
Anni sits in his stash. Retired. Cheers on SamKinison

Patriarch SamKinison Level 83 War Cry Barb Ladder Reject
This piddley-assed War Cry Barb soloed Hell with an upgraded BoneSnap,
an upgraded Iceblink and a Holy Freeze merc. Future goals - to defeat
the Diablo Clone and return to wreck screaming havoc on the ladder
while wearing an IK set.

Patriarch Uncle Shythed Level 83 Mace/War Cry Barb - now non ladder
This barb is proud to have been part of the last "Untwinked Heroes"
that got ousted from the ladder during the last reset. He enjoyed many
hours, perhaps weeks, maybe even centuries of play with Kasmir and
Bongo-Fury whilst the three of them literally worked their asses off
battling minions and lag not necessarily in that order trying to get
through Hell. Retired. Cheering on SamKinison

---------------------

Current Ladder, West US:

Patriarch HolyShythed Level 86 Concentrata-Hammerdin
The first non-barb of clan Shythed to get through Hell. When his
hammers didn't get the job done fellow adventurers loved him for his
Concentrate aura. His son is in Nightmare and returns home often to
listen to his father's words in hopes that tidbits of wisdom are in
there someplace.

Matriarch MissShythed Level 82 Cold Sorc
The first female of clan Shythed to get through Hell. Limits current
ventures to party play or select areas of Hell for solo play.

Matriarch AuntShythed Level 86 Lightning Fury/ Plaguazon
The only current ladder Shythed that has no inhibitions about soloing
anywhere in Hell. Her valk is often heard screaming "WHO DA BAITCH
NOW?" after each kill.

Champion ImpalerShythed Level 78 Lightning Strike/Fending/Impaling
Spearazon
Currently soloing hell in desert regions outside of Lut Gholein.
Readily confronts Lightning Immune creatures with the classic Asgardian
phrase "Fie unto thee!"

Slayer MarcusShythedMD Level 72 Medic/Fisting Pally
Currently headquartered in Harrogath Medical Center. Soon to enter hell
with rest of Rainbow Team in furtive attempt to assassinate minions of
Diablo. He hath forsaken the sword for the Hypocratic Oath, a Holy Bolt
of Undeath and a Fist from the Heavens.

Slayer PsykloneShythed Level 61 Hurricane Druid
Partnered with Orion's wife's Javazon (Jabbermom). Current
whereabouts - WSK2. Psyklone's wolflike howl can be heard for miles
whenever he catches a glimpse of Jabbermom's long shapely legs as he
tries to keep pace with her.

Slayer AxminstrShythed Level 58 Axe Wielding Barb
This Shythed has significant pride in his axe collection. Eagerly
anticipating use of his Ethereal Edge and the Fury Visor that a barb
can use to turn into a werewolf. Pulls out an upgraded Humongous for
use against big bosses that require Crushing Blow. Entering Pandemonium
Fortress

Slayer CherokeeShythed Level 56 Bowazon
An avid collector of bows. She believes she owns all except perhaps a
Lycander's Aim, which she thinks one of the Shythed mules may have
hidden away far from her eyes and hands. Her current slogan: "Freeze
and Strafe. Rinse and Repeat".Entering Kurast.

Slayer HolyShythedJr Level 39 Conviction/Vengeance Pally
Partnered up with Orion's wife's Cold/Lite Sorc (SorcMom). When she
turns on the cold he turns on the conviction. If you want to follow
them, just follow the ice cubes that are on the ground.

DeadHeadShythed Level 25 Summoning Necro
This character is so unique that he deserves his own separate post,
which will follow in days to come.

Two more secret characters that require that Orion hold back details of
their creation, builds and progress.

On 20 Jan 2005 08:38:08 -0800, "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Matriarch AuntShythed Level 86 Lightning Fury/ Plaguazon
>The only current ladder Shythed that has no inhibitions about soloing
>anywhere in Hell. Her valk is often heard screaming "WHO DA BAITCH
>NOW?" after each kill.

Ok, I'm sorry, but this just cracked me up. Lol! :)

>Slayer PsykloneShythed Level 61 Hurricane Druid
>Partnered with Orion's wife's Javazon (Jabbermom). Current
>whereabouts - WSK2. Psyklone's wolflike howl can be heard for miles
>whenever he catches a glimpse of Jabbermom's long shapely legs as he
>tries to keep pace with her.

Sounds all too familiar.

>Slayer CherokeeShythed Level 56 Bowazon
>An avid collector of bows. She believes she owns all except perhaps a
>Lycander's Aim, which she thinks one of the Shythed mules may have
>hidden away far from her eyes and hands. Her current slogan: "Freeze
>and Strafe. Rinse and Repeat".Entering Kurast.

Wait, *all* bows? She has a Windforce and is looking for anything
else? Good slogan, btw ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 00:00:03 GMT, "Chris Lansdell"
<clansdell@nf.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Hey hey Orion? Ummm I'm Jabber, and she ain't my mom...
>

>--
>Jabber

I *was* kind of wondering about that myself ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

And so it is written, that Orion Ryder coming to a smoldering
shrub, spake these words:
> Well Desktop did this and I actually learned a few things from
> his post. Yeah strange things can happen in the world, huh?
>
> -------------
> Single Player:
>
> Patriarch Shythed Lev 89
<S>
> Patriarch Shythed_I (Shythed JR #1) Level 79
<S>
> Patriarch Shythed_II (Shythed JR #2) Level 84
<S>
> Patriarch SamKinison Level 83
<S>
> Patriarch Uncle Shythed Level 83
<S>
> Patriarch HolyShythed Level 86
<S>
> Matriarch MissShythed Level 82
<S>
> Matriarch AuntShythed Level 86
<S>
> Champion ImpalerShythed Level 78
<S>
> Slayer MarcusShythedMD Level 72
<S>
> Slayer PsykloneShythed Level 61
<S>
> Slayer AxminstrShythed Level 58
<S>
> Slayer CherokeeShythed Level 56
<S>
> Slayer HolyShythedJr Level 39
<S>
> DeadHeadShythed Level 25
<S>
> Two more secret characters that require that Orion hold back
> details of their creation, builds and progress.

Orion, I have been playing this game since day one. I remember when you
arrived here as a fresh, scrubbed, newbie who was wet behind the ears and
made veterans like myself want to say, "Ah, fresh meat." Now look at you,
you got yourself experienced. You have more high level characters than I
do. Only thing I have that you don't is a level 99. Congrats on your
addiction. :)

-Wailwulf
http://Wailwulf.home.att.net

dieBestie L35+ Diablo B/net Warrior
Patriarch dieBestie L99 LOD USAWest Paladin (Offensive)
Slayer derEber L80+ LOD USAWest Ladder Paladin (Offensive)
Slayer dasTier L75+ LOD USAWest Paladin (Defensive)
Slayer VVailwulf L45+ LOD USAWest Druid (Werewolf with Dire Wolf Pack)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
"Chris Lansdell" <clansdell@nf.sympatico.ca> said:

>"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Well Desktop did this and I actually learned a few things from his
>> post. Yeah strange things can happen in the world, huh?
>>
>> -------------
>> Single Player:
>>
>> Patriarch Shythed Lev 89 Hybrid Barb Single Player
>> Badly built but still made it through Hell. He is far from perfect but
>> you and I and Sam Kinison just gotta love him.
>>
>> -----------------------
>>
>> Slayer PsykloneShythed Level 61 Hurricane Druid
>> Partnered with Orion's wife's Javazon (Jabbermom). Current
>> whereabouts - WSK2. Psyklone's wolflike howl can be heard for miles
>> whenever he catches a glimpse of Jabbermom's long shapely legs as he
>> tries to keep pace with her.
>>
>Hey hey Orion? Ummm I'm Jabber, and she ain't my mom...

Maybe it's supposed to mean something else
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Orion Ryder wrote:

> Thank god there is no character that has Desktop in the name or type
> of character. That surely would elevate that guy's status to "god"
> and we would never hear the end of it.

And what exactly am I now?

> Orion Ryder

Say hi to Winona from me!

desktop at home dot se

Craig

Desktop wrote:
> Orion Ryder wrote:
>>
>> Thank god there is no character that has Desktop in the name or type
>> of character. That surely would elevate that guy's status to "god"
>> and we would never hear the end of it.
>
> And what exactly am I now?

Chopped Liver?

Craig

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Craig wrote:
> Desktop wrote:
>> Orion Ryder wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank god there is no character that has Desktop in the name or type
>>> of character. That surely would elevate that guy's status to "god"
>>> and we would never hear the end of it.
>>
>> And what exactly am I now?
>>
> Chopped Liver?

Marinated in alcohol :)

desktop at home dot se

Desktop wrote:
> Orion Ryder wrote:
> >
> > Thank god there is no character that has Desktop in the name or
type
> > of character. That surely would elevate that guy's status to "god"
> > and we would never hear the end of it.
>
> And what exactly am I now?

I quantify it as follows:

- infinity < Desktop < god status

I hope that clarifies it

Orion Ryder

"Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> said:

>Craig wrote:
>> Desktop wrote:

>>> And what exactly am I now?
>>>
>> Chopped Liver?
>
>Marinated in alcohol :)

Something else in alcohol? :-o
--

jerk-o wrote:
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
> "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> said:
>

> >Desktop wrote:

> >type
> >>
> >> And what exactly am I now?
> >
> >I quantify it as follows:
> >
> >- infinity < Desktop < god status
> >
> >I hope that clarifies it
>
> Is that infinity or negative infinity?
> --
> no, i didn't forget the 'F's
> http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
> http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
> -My Diablo 2 Mod
> http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
> -My theme song

There is a negative sign way over to the left, yep, negative infinity!

But you have introduced an interesting topic, one that will be sure to
thwart philosophers of the future. If it was not negative infinity and
merely infinity -

Does anything exist between infinity and god status?

I say disprove by contradiction.

Start by assuming that Desktop exists between infinity and god status.

The remainder of the proof is left as an excercise for the student. :)
Orion Ryder

jerk-o wrote:
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
> "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> said:
>
>> Craig wrote:

>>> Chopped Liver?
>>
>> Marinated in alcohol :)
>
> Something else in alcohol? :-o

My face mostly.

desktop at home dot se

desktop

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2004

Orion Ryder wrote:
> Desktop wrote:
>> Orion Ryder wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank god there is no character that has Desktop in the name or type
>>> of character. That surely would elevate that guy's status to "god"
>>> and we would never hear the end of it.
>>
>> And what exactly am I now?
>
> I quantify it as follows:
>
> - infinity < Desktop < god status
>
> I hope that clarifies it

No it doesn't karaoke man!

desktop at home dot se

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
"Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> said:

>jerk-o wrote:
>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,

>>> Marinated in alcohol :)
>>
>> Something else in alcohol? :-o
>
>My face mostly.

Did you ever see the movie "American Pie"?
--

jerk-o wrote:
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
> "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> said:
>
>> jerk-o wrote:
>>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,

>>> Something else in alcohol? :-o
>>
>> My face mostly.
>
> Did you ever see the movie "American Pie"?

Actually no, but I think I know which scene you are referring to... and it
ain't gonna happen! Unless it needs to be sterilized. ;-)

desktop at home dot se