Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:

Is it possible for administrator & user to share the same profile
(desktop) - with different privileges depending who logs in
5 answers Last reply
More about users independantly
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    JethroUK© wrote:
    > Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:
    >
    > Is it possible for administrator & user to share the same profile
    > (desktop) - with different privileges depending who logs in

    Multi users.. Multi profiles..

    But you can create a "Default User" profile - so all new accounts start out
    the same.
    Google it.

    --
    <- Shenan ->
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    You have to setup 2 more user accounts in addition to the hidden
    administrator account. The hidden admin account is not meant for everyday
    use. Setup a user for yourself, set permissions/rights, then setup the other
    user and set the permissions/rights. So technically you will have three user
    accounts.

    JethroUK© wrote:
    > Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:
    >
    > Is it possible for administrator & user to share the same profile
    > (desktop) - with different privileges depending who logs in
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Check here:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_b.htm

    "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
    > Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:
    >
    > Is it possible for administrator & user to share the same profile
    > (desktop) - with different privileges depending who logs in

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    i need to share profile (keep synchronised) - i think the short answer is
    no - but i expect there's a registry hack that will do it

    thanx anyhow

    "Shenan Stanley" <news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote in message
    > JethroUK© wrote:
    > > Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:
    > >
    > > Is it possible for administrator & user to share the same profile
    > > (desktop) - with different privileges depending who logs in
    >
    > Multi users.. Multi profiles..
    >
    > But you can create a "Default User" profile - so all new accounts start
    out
    > the same.
    > Google it.
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->
    > --
    > The information is provided "as is", with no guarantees of
    > completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without warranties of any
    > kind, express or implied. In other words, read up before you take any
    > advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your actions.

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    JethroUK© wrote:
    > i need to share profile (keep synchronised) - i think the short
    > answer is no - but i expect there's a registry hack that will do it
    >
    > thanx anyhow

    The long answer will be no as well. heh

    You can use the All Users profile to setup similar Desktop and Start Menus,
    but sooner or later, something will install on one profile and not be put in
    All Users.

    You could try the registry hack where you point the profile to a different
    directory, but only after giving EVERYONE permissions on the selected
    profile in question (or the two users you are trying to have share the
    profile.) Look into the ProfileList registry area..

    Otherwise, I don't know what you mean by synched.. Why would you need two
    profiles to be synched.. Files - maybe, profiles?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP