Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:

Is it possible for administrator & user to share the same profile
(desktop) - with different privileges depending who logs in

JethroUK© wrote:
> Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:
>
> Is it possible for administrator & user to share the same profile
> (desktop) - with different privileges depending who logs in

Multi users.. Multi profiles..

But you can create a "Default User" profile - so all new accounts start out
the same.
Google it.

--
<- Shenan ->

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

You have to setup 2 more user accounts in addition to the hidden
administrator account. The hidden admin account is not meant for everyday
use. Setup a user for yourself, set permissions/rights, then setup the other
user and set the permissions/rights. So technically you will have three user
accounts.

JethroUK© wrote:
> Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:
>
> Is it possible for administrator & user to share the same profile
> (desktop) - with different privileges depending who logs in

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Check here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_b.htm

"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> Do i have to set up 2 users independantly - or:
>
> Is it possible for administrator & user to share the same profile
> (desktop) - with different privileges depending who logs in

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

i need to share profile (keep synchronised) - i think the short answer is
no - but i expect there's a registry hack that will do it

thanx anyhow

JethroUK© wrote:
> i need to share profile (keep synchronised) - i think the short
> answer is no - but i expect there's a registry hack that will do it
>
> thanx anyhow

The long answer will be no as well. heh

You can use the All Users profile to setup similar Desktop and Start Menus,
but sooner or later, something will install on one profile and not be put in
All Users.

You could try the registry hack where you point the profile to a different
directory, but only after giving EVERYONE permissions on the selected
profile in question (or the two users you are trying to have share the
profile.) Look into the ProfileList registry area..

Otherwise, I don't know what you mean by synched.. Why would you need two
profiles to be synched.. Files - maybe, profiles?

--
<- Shenan ->