Outlook.pst file link lost

I inadvertantly "changed" an XP user profile which was
part of already joined to a domain and joined it to a new
domain belonging to a seperate LAN in another site.
This obviously changes my entire original profile! I
managed to copy most of the orginalt profiled directory
structure and access "manually" However, accessing Outlook
it began to re-install as if it where a new Outlook
account. How do I point the new user profile to access the
original Outlook.pst file and configuration? I visited the
knowledge base and it referred to the outlook.pst being
linked to it's original profile for it to work? What if I
don't want the original profile that was part of the
original domain? Can't I just copy the .pst file from the
old profile to the locations folder of the new profile and
overwrite that .pst? Desperatley in need of advice.
3 answers Last reply
More about outlook file link lost

    Yes, copy the pst file to the new profile.

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I inadvertantly "changed" an XP user profile which was
    > part of already joined to a domain and joined it to a new
    > domain belonging to a seperate LAN in another site.
    > This obviously changes my entire original profile! I
    > managed to copy most of the orginalt profiled directory
    > structure and access "manually" However, accessing Outlook
    > it began to re-install as if it where a new Outlook
    > account. How do I point the new user profile to access the
    > original Outlook.pst file and configuration? I visited the
    > knowledge base and it referred to the outlook.pst being
    > linked to it's original profile for it to work? What if I
    > don't want the original profile that was part of the
    > original domain? Can't I just copy the .pst file from the
    > old profile to the locations folder of the new profile and
    > overwrite that .pst? Desperatley in need of advice.

    Thanks Mark,
    Are you sure this will reinstate the link and retain all
    the "original" .pst file settings and data if the new and
    original profile names are different?

    Well I assume you have tried it by now, but yes it will work 100%.
    The .pst is just a data file.
    After you have opened it you may want to change the mail delivery location
    so it delivers into that .pst

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    > Thanks Mark,
    > Are you sure this will reinstate the link and retain all
    > the "original" .pst file settings and data if the new and
    > original profile names are different?

Outlook Domain Windows XP