Guess who popped into the AGD game today?

Last response: in Video Games
January 21, 2005 12:04:55 AM

Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a Blood
Raven-slaughtering spree :D
Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people were
talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 12:04:56 AM

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a Blood
>Raven-slaughtering spree :D
>Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people were
>talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>

D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
her again, please tell her we miss her.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 21, 2005 12:07:11 AM

EvilBill wrote:
> Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a
> Blood Raven-slaughtering spree :D
> Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people
> were talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>

But you saw his face? In the cage I presume.

desktop at home dot se
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 12:19:35 AM

Desktop <desktop@home.sweden> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> EvilBill wrote:
>> Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a
>> Blood Raven-slaughtering spree :D
>> Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people
>> were talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>
>
> But you saw his face? In the cage I presume.

I didn't get out of the underground passage. <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
January 21, 2005 12:22:59 AM

EvilBill wrote:
> Desktop <desktop@home.sweden> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
>> EvilBill wrote:
>>> Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a
>>> Blood Raven-slaughtering spree :D
>>> Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people
>>> were talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face
>>> <g>
>>
>> But you saw his face? In the cage I presume.
>>

> I didn't get out of the underground passage. <g>

TMI!

desktop at home dot se
January 21, 2005 4:05:32 AM

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a Blood
> >Raven-slaughtering spree :D
> >Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people were
> >talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>

I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me with low
level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal! yay!) and ammies
(Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink somewheres besides Atma's-- they
get rolled every time for their jewelry) and then a very quick excursion
with a paladin (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an assassin. Said
assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and shot our damage
levels to the sky.

> D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
> her again, please tell her we miss her.

But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay attention
to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But Sorrow_<something> said
ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had been bandying my name around.
:)

We had fun.

jill
--
*pericat

Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

rerun-- USWest lvl 6 bowazon
Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 4:05:33 AM

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:05:32 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:

>But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay attention
>to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But Sorrow_<something> said
>ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had been bandying my name around.
>:)
>
>We had fun.
>
>jill

Yeah, SOs are a pain that way, aren't they? I'm more than kind of glad
I got rid of mine before the Diablo addiction arose ;-)

Great to see you back! I don't assume you have anymore Kit's stories
for us? ;-) Seriously, we have to hook up again at some point,
preferably *after* I get my BNut problems ironed out.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 6:57:54 AM

And so it is written, that jill coming to a smoldering shrub,
spake these words:
> ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill"
>> <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new
>>> zons on a Blood Raven-slaughtering spree :D
>>> Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of
>>> people were talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a
>>> familiar face <g>
>
> I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me
> with low level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal!
> yay!) and ammies (Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink
> somewheres besides Atma's-- they get rolled every time for
> their jewelry) and then a very quick excursion with a paladin
> (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an assassin. Said
> assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and shot our
> damage levels to the sky.
>
>> D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If
>> you see her again, please tell her we miss her.
>
> But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay
> attention to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But
> Sorrow_<something> said ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB
> had been bandying my name around. :)
>
> We had fun.
>
> jill
> --
> *pericat

Pericat! If I'd known you were on, I'd be playing B/net. Lately, have
been keeping my accouts active, Playing a little bit of D1, a decent amount
of the Nez mod for D2/LoD, and alot of Red Baron 3.

--
-Wailwulf
http://Wailwulf.home.att.net

dieBestie L35+ Diablo B/net Warrior
Patriarch dieBestie L99 LOD USAWest Paladin (Offensive)
Slayer derEber L80+ LOD USAWest Ladder Paladin (Offensive)
Slayer dasTier L75+ LOD USAWest Paladin (Defensive)
Slayer VVailwulf L45+ LOD USAWest Druid (Werewolf with Dire Wolf Pack)
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 8:00:00 AM

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;,
pericat@gmail.com (jill) said:

>ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a Blood
>> >Raven-slaughtering spree :D
>> >Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people were
>> >talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>
>
>I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me with low
>level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal! yay!) and ammies
>(Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink somewheres besides Atma's-- they
>get rolled every time for their jewelry) and then a very quick excursion
>with a paladin (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an assassin. Said
>assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and shot our damage
>levels to the sky.
>
>> D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
>> her again, please tell her we miss her.
>
>But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay attention
>to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But Sorrow_<something> said
>ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had been bandying my name around.
>:)
>
>We had fun.
>
>jill

YAY!!!1!!1!!11!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!

jill is back!!!!

Um, BTW, I think 0tarin might be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen him
in a while. Do you want to check the bathroom or the closets?
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

ald wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill"
<quake2lives@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a
Blood
> >Raven-slaughtering spree :D
> >Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people
were
> >talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>
>
> D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
> her again, please tell her we miss her.

Why can't you get on? Dog eat your LoD CD again?

Mickey
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 12:44:47 PM

jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill"
>> <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on
>>> a Blood Raven-slaughtering spree :D
>>> Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people
>>> were talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face
>>> <g>
>
> I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me with low
> level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal! yay!) and ammies
> (Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink somewheres besides Atma's--
> they get rolled every time for their jewelry) and then a very quick
> excursion with a paladin (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an
> assassin. Said assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and
> shot our damage levels to the sky.

w00t! :D
Sounds like spot report time ;)  Cathan's is always useful at low levels,
too. Hell, even at higher levels, 6% life steal can mean the difference
between escape and corpse recover <g>

>> D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
>> her again, please tell her we miss her.
>
> But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay
> attention to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But
> Sorrow_<something> said ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had
> been bandying my name around. :)
>
> We had fun.

:)
Well we'll be expecting you to be around more often from now on ;)  LOL

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 12:44:59 PM

Desktop <desktop@home.sweden> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> EvilBill wrote:
>>
>> I didn't get out of the underground passage. <g>
>
> TMI!

LOL!

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 7:45:34 PM

On 21 Jan 2005 09:35:35 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>Why can't you get on? Dog eat your LoD CD again?
>
>Mickey

No, as a matter of fact I have a brand new second CD, waiting for me
to get this problem ironed out. I gave you the short version before,
but apparently you missed it, so I'll try to flesh it out a bit more
here, at least as much as I can remember.

I got this new-to-me-but-definitely-not-new computer back in July. It
was a *great* deal, everything I'd been looking for in a box plus a
19" monitor for about $500. The only problem it has is that it won't
connect to BattleNet, which of course was the purpose I bought it for
:-(

Every time I try to connect to BNut, it hangs at the "checking
versions" screen. I posted here and in ART, asking for suggestions,
and received plenty, all except one of which I've tried (coming
later). The Hamster and I (and a few other people) spent many hours
fiddling with the settings on the modem, which ended up optimized for
BNut, but that's not the problem, because I *can* get on with things
like Subbot (and one other way where I ended up in a chat channel, but
I don't remember how), I can host or join TCP/IP games, play SP in the
regular games and now (not when the problem started, as I hadn't
downloaded any then) in various mods, in short I can do everything in
the game except get on BattleNet.

We tried deleting all of the BattleNet settings in the registry, even
before I got the canned reply from Blizz support, and I even had
someone send me their Realms settings and put it into the registry
file. I've done numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of D2 and LoD, IIRC
(and I'm not sure of this) when I try to connect with a new install it
updates it to 1.10 but then hangs again, but I've also tried getting
the patch from Blizz's site. Zone Alarm was *not* the problem, since
apparently it never got to the point where Zone Alarm checked it (in
other words it never actually sent info out or tried to act as a
server), but I went ahead and replaced ZA with Kerio's Personal
Firewall, which IIRC I've manually set to allow D2 (either that or it
came up with the TCP/IP games), since again the program never seems to
get to it.

This *does* bring up the only other problem I've found on the
computer, which is that neither firewall seems to work correctly. Most
(but not all, I found this out the other day) of the time when the
firewall is running, I can't do most things on-line. IIRC I can get
messages in Agent, but sending them is iffy at best, most messages
will not send (and if it won't send the first time, repeated attempts
will not work, until I turn the firewall off), IE gets a can't connect
message, Trillian will say it's connected but no one shows up on my
list (again, most of the time, IIRC, it's been a while since I allowed
this situation to last more than a couple of seconds). This leads me
to believe there's a security setting that I can't find, but I need to
finish detailing the problem first (yeah, I know, this is a lot more
than you were looking for, but I'm trying to be thorough).

Ok, what else haven't I covered? Pinging BNut produces the expected
results, it times out after about 15 or 16 hops, as it should since
Blizz disabled it. A couple of months after I got and responded to the
canned reply from Blizz support, I *did* get one personal reply, where
the tech guy decided I'd hacked the program and gave me various ways
to get it working right (all of which I'd already tried). I replied
asking what led him to think I was a hacker, and haven't heard from
them since. I *think* that's about all, if I've left anything out
please feel free to ask.

The one solution I haven't tried yet was suggested by Ken over in ART.
He sent me disks for both Win 2K Pro (which is what is on here) and XP
Pro and has suggested a format and reinstall. The morning that I had
set aside to do this, the power supply failed on the computer. I took
it back to where I bought it, since it was (barely) still under
warranty, and after waiting about 3 months for the motherboard that
they thought was the problem they decided that maybe I was right and
it was the power supply, and I finally got it back on Christmas Eve.
I'd asked *them* to format and reinstall, but the guy forgot to, and I
didn't want to wait *another* 3 months for him to do it, so I didn't
press the issue.

Now, of course, I've been using this thing for a while and have all
kinds of things on here that I'd hate to lose (and am not smart enough
to find all of them and try to learn how to burn them to CD), so I'm
more than a little hesitant to do the format *if* it isn't going to
work. If I think there's a good chance that it will, I'm willing to
sacrifice everything I have on here, since again the main reason I
bought this silly machine was to be able to play on BattleNet the way
the game is supposed to be. So the question again is: Do you think
that doing a format and reinstall of Windows will solve the problem?
And a second, related question: Given your choice, which would you
install, 2K Pro or XP Pro? I had heard that 2K Pro was the most
stable, and indeed other than IE closing a few times I've had no
problems with it, but I've since been advised by other people, my
father being the most notable, that XP Pro is better.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 22, 2005 8:06:59 AM

jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:

> YAY!!!1!!1!!11!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!
>
> jill is back!!!!

Y'know, I'm pretty happy about it, too.

> Um, BTW, I think 0tarin might be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen him
> in a while. Do you want to check the bathroom or the closets?

Now, why would 0t be found anywhere near clean clothes or running water?

I've missed him. I've missed all of you. Thanks for the kind welcome,
everyone!

jill

--
*pericat

Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

rerun-- USWest lvl 11 bowazon
Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage
January 22, 2005 8:06:59 AM

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

> And a second, related question: Given your choice, which would you
> install, 2K Pro or XP Pro? I had heard that 2K Pro was the most
> stable, and indeed other than IE closing a few times I've had no
> problems with it, but I've since been advised by other people, my
> father being the most notable, that XP Pro is better.

I've found XP Pro to be more stable on the work laptop, which is
important to me since I'm 1,500 miles from internal tech support.

But I don't play games on that machine, either, and the two situations
aren't truly comparable. Since I wasn't in on the first discussion, and
can't be arsed to google it (winning smile here), I'll just toss out
something you've probably already covered from all directions: are you
quite sure your firewall or settings or ISP is allowing UDP stuff
through?

jill

--

Wailwulf <Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Pericat! If I'd known you were on, I'd be playing B/net. Lately, have
> been keeping my accouts active, Playing a little bit of D1, a decent amount
> of the Nez mod for D2/LoD, and alot of Red Baron 3.

We should get together for a game sometime. I need to do something about
recreating my 'friends' list, come to think of it.

jill
--
*pericat

Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

rerun-- USWest lvl 11 bowazon
Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage
January 22, 2005 8:07:00 AM

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

> Yeah, SOs are a pain that way, aren't they? I'm more than kind of glad
> I got rid of mine before the Diablo addiction arose ;-)

Well, I've just married this one, and as she's very understanding about
the D2 thing (we used to play a lot of D1, back in the day), I have to
return the compliment when it comes to RL. :)

> Great to see you back! I don't assume you have anymore Kit's stories
> for us? ;-) Seriously, we have to hook up again at some point,
> preferably *after* I get my BNut problems ironed out.

Kitsilan's been happily retired since her triumphal exit. Kyle's bored
with inaction and daytime tv, though.

Get your online hookup sorted soon, please. Focus. It's bound to be
something simple and catastrophically expensive.

jill

--
*pericat

Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

rerun-- USWest lvl 11 bowazon
Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 8:07:01 AM

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:07:00 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:

>Get your online hookup sorted soon, please. Focus. It's bound to be
>something simple and catastrophically expensive.
>
>jill

Simple I could handle (but believe me, I've tried all of the simple
fixes), catastrophically expensive would be a bit of a problem at the
moment :-(

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 12:15:24 PM

And so it is written, that jill coming to a smoldering shrub,
spake these words:
> Wailwulf <Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>> Pericat! If I'd known you were on, I'd be playing B/net.
>> Lately, have been keeping my accouts active, Playing a little
>> bit of D1, a decent amount of the Nez mod for D2/LoD, and
>> alot of Red Baron 3.
>
> We should get together for a game sometime. I need to do
> something about recreating my 'friends' list, come to think of
> it.
>
> jill

When do you think will be the best time to find you on line? If I have
an idea, and I can, I'd make a concerted effort to be on B/net. VVailwulf
(ladder) still needs to get out of act 3 NM, and I created him the day the
ladder was refreshed.
--
-Wailwulf
http://Wailwulf.home.att.net

*dieBestie
*Wailwulf

dieBestie L35+ Diablo B/net Warrior
Patriarch dieBestie L99 LOD USAWest Paladin (Offensive)
Slayer derEber L80+ LOD USAWest Ladder Paladin (Offensive)
Slayer dasTier L75+ LOD USAWest Paladin (Defensive)
Slayer VVailwulf L45+ LOD USAWest Druid (Werewolf with Dire Wolf Pack)
January 22, 2005 6:17:08 PM

> Now, of course, I've been using this thing for a while and have all
> kinds of things on here that I'd hate to lose (and am not smart enough
> to find all of them and try to learn how to burn them to CD), so I'm
> more than a little hesitant to do the format *if* it isn't going to
> work. If I think there's a good chance that it will, I'm willing to
> sacrifice everything I have on here, since again the main reason I
> bought this silly machine was to be able to play on BattleNet the way
> the game is supposed to be. So the question again is: Do you think
> that doing a format and reinstall of Windows will solve the problem?
> And a second, related question: Given your choice, which would you
> install, 2K Pro or XP Pro? I had heard that 2K Pro was the most
> stable, and indeed other than IE closing a few times I've had no
> problems with it, but I've since been advised by other people, my
> father being the most notable, that XP Pro is better.

Win 2k is quite good and very stable but it requires you to have a little
more knowledge if you want to tweak it from its generic settings. XP on the
other hand can't be tweaked as much, but whats there is easier to change,
(if that makes any sense to you). :)

Not having seen the specs for your your new-old computer, is it over 1 gig
processor and 512 ram, I have set it up on a few comps and find if its below
those reqs performance will be rather ordinary, faster processors can get by
with 256meg but 512 REALLY does make it work better

Craig
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 6:17:09 PM

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:17:08 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
wrote:

>Win 2k is quite good and very stable but it requires you to have a little
>more knowledge if you want to tweak it from its generic settings. XP on the
>other hand can't be tweaked as much, but whats there is easier to change,
>(if that makes any sense to you). :)

It does, and thanks, although I'm not sure how much I want to tweak
;-)

>Not having seen the specs for your your new-old computer, is it over 1 gig
>processor and 512 ram, I have set it up on a few comps and find if its below
>those reqs performance will be rather ordinary, faster processors can get by
>with 256meg but 512 REALLY does make it work better
>
>Craig

I can't seem to find the processor speed, but I *know* I've found it
before (probably *not* at 3 a.m., though ;-) ), IIRC it's a 1.4 Gig?
Only 256 RAM, with 228 or so showing up (video memory being the
difference? I've been told that may be what's causing the
discrepancy), that was the highest these people had and I figured it
would be more than enough for D2 (but sadly, apparently nowhere *near*
enough for WoW).

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 7:13:06 PM

jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:

> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;,
> pericat@gmail.com (jill) said:
>
> >ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

> >I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me with low
> >level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal! yay!) and ammies
> >(Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink somewheres besides Atma's-- they
> >get rolled every time for their jewelry) and then a very quick excursion
> >with a paladin (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an assassin. Said
> >assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and shot our damage
> >levels to the sky.
> >
> >> D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
> >> her again, please tell her we miss her.
> >
> >But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay attention
> >to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But Sorrow_<something> said
> >ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had been bandying my name around.
> >:)
> >
> >We had fun.
> >
> >jill
>
> YAY!!!1!!1!!11!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!
>
> jill is back!!!!
>

> Um, BTW, I think 0tarin might be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen him
> in a while. Do you want to check the bathroom or the closets?

I'm pretty sure he's not around here at the moment. We're too boring.
;-)

Shari
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 9:49:50 PM

jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> Wailwulf <Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>> Pericat! If I'd known you were on, I'd be playing B/net.
>> Lately, have been keeping my accouts active, Playing a little bit of
>> D1, a decent amount of the Nez mod for D2/LoD, and alot of Red
>> Baron 3.
>
> We should get together for a game sometime. I need to do something
> about recreating my 'friends' list, come to think of it.

*evilbill-agqx2 for my ladder account <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 9:50:51 PM

jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, SOs are a pain that way, aren't they? I'm more than kind of
>> glad I got rid of mine before the Diablo addiction arose ;-)
>
> Well, I've just married this one, and as she's very understanding
> about the D2 thing (we used to play a lot of D1, back in the day), I
> have to return the compliment when it comes to RL. :)
>
>> Great to see you back! I don't assume you have anymore Kit's stories
>> for us? ;-) Seriously, we have to hook up again at some point,
>> preferably *after* I get my BNut problems ironed out.
>
> Kitsilan's been happily retired since her triumphal exit. Kyle's bored
> with inaction and daytime tv, though.

I'm thinking Kits could use a 1.10 'rebirth' <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 10:25:06 PM

pericat@gmail.com (jill) said:

>jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:
>
>> YAY!!!1!!1!!11!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!
>>
>> jill is back!!!!
>
>Y'know, I'm pretty happy about it, too.
>
>> Um, BTW, I think 0tarin might be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen him
>> in a while. Do you want to check the bathroom or the closets?
>
>Now, why would 0t be found anywhere near clean clothes or running water?

You do have a point...

>I've missed him. I've missed all of you. Thanks for the kind welcome,
>everyone!

You're welcome.
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
-My theme song
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 10:25:47 PM

orchid@somewhere.net (Orchid) said:

>jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:
>
>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;,
>> pericat@gmail.com (jill) said:

>> >I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me with low
>> >level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal! yay!) and ammies
>> >(Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink somewheres besides Atma's-- they
>> >get rolled every time for their jewelry) and then a very quick excursion
>> >with a paladin (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an assassin. Said
>> >assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and shot our damage
>> >levels to the sky.

>> >But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay attention
>> >to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But Sorrow_<something> said
>> >ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had been bandying my name around.
>> >:)
>> >
>> >We had fun.
>> >
>> >jill
>>
>> YAY!!!1!!1!!11!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!
>>
>> jill is back!!!!
>>

>> Um, BTW, I think 0tarin might be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen him
>> in a while. Do you want to check the bathroom or the closets?
>
>I'm pretty sure he's not around here at the moment. We're too boring.
>;-)

Well, if you're still in touch with him, maybe you could tell him jill is back?
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
-My theme song
January 22, 2005 10:32:15 PM

ald wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:17:08 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> Win 2k is quite good and very stable but it requires you to have a
>> little more knowledge if you want to tweak it from its generic
>> settings. XP on the other hand can't be tweaked as much, but whats
>> there is easier to change, (if that makes any sense to you). :)
>
> It does, and thanks, although I'm not sure how much I want to tweak
> ;-)
>
>> Not having seen the specs for your your new-old computer, is it over
>> 1 gig processor and 512 ram, I have set it up on a few comps and
>> find if its below those reqs performance will be rather ordinary,
>> faster processors can get by with 256meg but 512 REALLY does make it
>> work better
>>
>> Craig
>
> I can't seem to find the processor speed, but I *know* I've found it
> before (probably *not* at 3 a.m., though ;-) ), IIRC it's a 1.4 Gig?
> Only 256 RAM, with 228 or so showing up (video memory being the
> difference? I've been told that may be what's causing the
> discrepancy), that was the highest these people had and I figured it
> would be more than enough for D2 (but sadly, apparently nowhere *near*
> enough for WoW).

OK, XP will be ok, however I suggest you turn all the pretty settings off,
although it would still pay to add another 256 of ram when finances permit.
If you have any other questions, my Yahoo addy is still valid.
We need to get you back online, playing single player too much does strange
things to people. :)

Craig
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 10:32:16 PM

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:32:15 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
wrote:

>OK, XP will be ok, however I suggest you turn all the pretty settings off,
>although it would still pay to add another 256 of ram when finances permit.

Believe me, I'm getting pressure from a certain someone who wants me
to join him in WoW ;-)

>If you have any other questions, my Yahoo addy is still valid.
>We need to get you back online, playing single player too much does strange
>things to people. :)
>
>Craig

Do me a favor and send me an IM (Yahoo is ald_007_1999)? I've lost
everybody on my contact list, at least on *this* computer.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 24, 2005 7:12:56 PM

Wailwulf <Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> When do you think will be the best time to find you on line? If I have
> an idea, and I can, I'd make a concerted effort to be on B/net. VVailwulf
> (ladder) still needs to get out of act 3 NM, and I created him the day the
> ladder was refreshed.

I don't know that I'll be playing all that much online on a regular
basis, but maybe afternoon/early evening?

--
*pericat

Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

rerun-- USWest lvl 14 bowazon
Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 7:12:57 PM

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:12:56 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:

>Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon

? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
Nez, not AR ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 9:08:24 PM

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:12:56 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:
>
>> Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
>
> ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
> Nez, not AR ;-)

Probably slvl 35 or so Strafe ;)

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
January 25, 2005 5:18:08 AM

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:12:56 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:
>
> >Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
>
> ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
> Nez, not AR ;-)

Strafe. She shoots very, very fast. :D

jill

--
*pericat

Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

rerun-- USWest lvl 14 bowazon
Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:56:27 AM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 02:18:08 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:

>ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:12:56 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:
>>
>> >Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
>>
>> ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
>> Nez, not AR ;-)
>
>Strafe. She shoots very, very fast. :D
>
>jill

Oh, good. You had me worried there for a bit ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
January 25, 2005 3:17:07 PM

ald wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:17:08 +1100, "Craig"
<NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >Win 2k is quite good and very stable but it requires you to have a
little
> >more knowledge if you want to tweak it from its generic settings. XP
on the
> >other hand can't be tweaked as much, but whats there is easier to
change,
> >(if that makes any sense to you). :)
>
> It does, and thanks, although I'm not sure how much I want to tweak
> ;-)
>
> >Not having seen the specs for your your new-old computer, is it over
1 gig
> >processor and 512 ram, I have set it up on a few comps and find if
its below
> >those reqs performance will be rather ordinary, faster processors
can get by
> >with 256meg but 512 REALLY does make it work better
> >
> >Craig
>
> I can't seem to find the processor speed, but I *know* I've found it
> before (probably *not* at 3 a.m., though ;-) ), IIRC it's a 1.4 Gig?
> Only 256 RAM, with 228 or so showing up (video memory being the
> difference? I've been told that may be what's causing the
> discrepancy), that was the highest these people had and I figured it
> would be more than enough for D2 (but sadly, apparently nowhere
*near*
> enough for WoW).

Start Program ---> Run ----> type DXDIAG

Max
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 8:48:54 PM

jill <pericat@gmail.com> wrote:

> ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, SOs are a pain that way, aren't they? I'm more than kind of glad
> > I got rid of mine before the Diablo addiction arose ;-)
>
> Well, I've just married this one...

Congratulations. :-)

And welcome back.

Shari
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 9:54:18 PM

On 25 Jan 2005 12:17:07 -0800, "Max" <maxterry@comcast.net> wrote:

>Start Program ---> Run ----> type DXDIAG
>
>Max

Ah, thankee, Sai, it says ~1333 MHz ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 9:55:48 PM

jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:12:56 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:
>>
>>> Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
>>
>> ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
>> Nez, not AR ;-)
>
> Strafe. She shoots very, very fast. :D

What's she wearing in the way of IAS?

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
January 26, 2005 12:16:16 AM

EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:

> jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

> >> ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
> >> Nez, not AR ;-)
> >
> > Strafe. She shoots very, very fast. :D
> >

> What's she wearing in the way of IAS?

Magnus' Skin coupled with Skystrike.

jill
--
*pericat

Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

rerun-- USWest lvl 18 bowazon

Orchid <orchid@somewhere.net> wrote:

> jill <pericat@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah, SOs are a pain that way, aren't they? I'm more than kind of glad
> > > I got rid of mine before the Diablo addiction arose ;-)
> >
> > Well, I've just married this one...
>
> Congratulations. :-)
>
> And welcome back.

Thank you! On both counts.

jill
--
*pericat

Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

rerun-- USWest lvl 18 bowazon
Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:35:34 AM

jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:

>>> Strafe. She shoots very, very fast. :D
>>>

>> What's she wearing in the way of IAS?
>
> Magnus' Skin coupled with Skystrike.

Sweet :)
My ladder strafeazon has a Skystrike on weapon switch, but she uses a Kuko
ATM for the higher damage.

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
January 26, 2005 8:44:52 AM

EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:

> jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> > EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> What's she wearing in the way of IAS?
> >
> > Magnus' Skin coupled with Skystrike.
> >

> Sweet :)
> My ladder strafeazon has a Skystrike on weapon switch, but she uses a Kuko
> ATM for the higher damage.

I have you to thank for this, since your asking meant I had to swap into
AR and have a look, which reminded me how long it'd been since I took
cypress out for walkies, and how much fun she could be. She has the
cheesiest combination of crafted jewelry, armour and charms ever seen. I
think even an ITAM editor would blush to turn out some of this stuff;
why people edit their chars I don't know, all they have to do is play a
mod.

AR-SE currently has a glitch whereby NM A3 does not spawn a Disused Fane
full of Enraged Diablos. The DF is there, at the bottom of the Swampy
Pit, but no Diablos. And the Kurast Sewers are two levels instead of
going straight to the second, as I vaguely remember should happen. Allow
me a moment to register my pique at this sorry state of affairs.

With that in mind, I determined to blast cypress through A3 as fast as
ever I could, and I've never done it that fast in SP. She had good maps
all through, the Flayer Jungle connected up with the Spider Forest, the
Spider Cavern and the Flayer Dungeon both pretty much out in the open,
and while it was a bit of a slog, slog she did at top speed. She almost
died to Undead Stygian Dollie Skels in the second level of the Sewers;
but got lucky with a rejuv toss.

I think it's the Raven Frost ring that lets her eat fire for breakfast;
she stood nearly toe to toe with the Travincal Council for the nearly
ten minutes of steady shooting it took to eliminate them. But for a zon
that's entirely comfortable standing in a lake of fire, she sure does
grouse about it. "Ow, ow, ow!" all the blessed time, and her life ball
overflowing the while.

Mephisto was unexpectedly hardy, but he mostly focused on her merc,
Azrael, a fine, upstanding Holy Freeze jabber who's been levelling
steadily along with her.

She cleared the Plains in A4, after gambling for a rare rune bow and
crafting it into Magewrath. While it does somewhat better damage, she
misses the Meteor Strike on Skystrike. She's grown used to tagging her
kills with that entirely gratuitous and, in SP, utterly ineffective[1]
bit of eye candy. It's just her way of saying, "cypress wuz hear!"

jill

[1] unless that's been fixed in 1.10?

--
*pericat

Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

rerun-- USWest lvl 18 bowazon
Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 73 gatling gun zon
Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 8:44:53 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 05:44:52 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:

>I have you to thank for this, since your asking meant I had to swap into
>AR and have a look, which reminded me how long it'd been since I took
>cypress out for walkies, and how much fun she could be. She has the
>cheesiest combination of crafted jewelry, armour and charms ever seen. I
>think even an ITAM editor would blush to turn out some of this stuff;
>why people edit their chars I don't know, all they have to do is play a
>mod.

Heh, yeah, I take it from the comment on the armor that you *have*
killed Natalya with her? That one alone is enough to turn a character
into a uber-boss ;-)

BTW, that's *much* harder in 1.10, he made Natalya into a real
Assassin, in every meaning of the word.

>AR-SE currently has a glitch whereby NM A3 does not spawn a Disused Fane
>full of Enraged Diablos. The DF is there, at the bottom of the Swampy
>Pit, but no Diablos. And the Kurast Sewers are two levels instead of
>going straight to the second, as I vaguely remember should happen. Allow
>me a moment to register my pique at this sorry state of affairs.

Funny, I don't remember that, and my first encounters with the Uber
Diablos were *definitely* in 1.09 AR-SE. Maybe that's something that
was changed in an upgrade? As to the Sewers, I always had to get lost
in the first level before finding the entrance to the second.

>With that in mind, I determined to blast cypress through A3 as fast as
>ever I could, and I've never done it that fast in SP. She had good maps
>all through, the Flayer Jungle connected up with the Spider Forest, the
>Spider Cavern and the Flayer Dungeon both pretty much out in the open,
>and while it was a bit of a slog, slog she did at top speed. She almost
>died to Undead Stygian Dollie Skels in the second level of the Sewers;
>but got lucky with a rejuv toss.

Ugh, we *hates* Undead Stygian Dolls, yes we do, my precious ;-)

>I think it's the Raven Frost ring that lets her eat fire for breakfast;
>she stood nearly toe to toe with the Travincal Council for the nearly
>ten minutes of steady shooting it took to eliminate them. But for a zon
>that's entirely comfortable standing in a lake of fire, she sure does
>grouse about it. "Ow, ow, ow!" all the blessed time, and her life ball
>overflowing the while.

You can lead a Bowazon to water, but you can't stop her from
complaining ;-)

>Mephisto was unexpectedly hardy, but he mostly focused on her merc,
>Azrael, a fine, upstanding Holy Freeze jabber who's been levelling
>steadily along with her.

Huh? Why'd you let him near him? When I'm taking on Meph with a
Bowazon, I always run into his area to draw him out, then run back
across the river (hopefully with the Merc in tow). The *Valk* then
gets to take the damage, she's much less expensive to recast. Of
course, I'm always using a Rogue merc, so she can actually have an
effect in this strategy (assuming I don't let the Valk die, Meph
always seems to go after the Merc next), so I guess this works, as
long as you didn't have to pay to res him ;-)

>She cleared the Plains in A4, after gambling for a rare rune bow and
>crafting it into Magewrath. While it does somewhat better damage, she
>misses the Meteor Strike on Skystrike. She's grown used to tagging her
>kills with that entirely gratuitous and, in SP, utterly ineffective[1]
>bit of eye candy. It's just her way of saying, "cypress wuz hear!"
>
>jill
>
>[1] unless that's been fixed in 1.10?

Not that I've noticed.

Thanks for an excellent Spot Report, as always up to your usual
standards. SBPP! :-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:13:13 PM

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:

> Heh, the only problem with that is that I disabled all USB devices at
> one point, trying to see if that was the problem ;-) It shouldn't be
> *too* difficult to enable them again, though.
>
> As to the Firewall, I thought that was in XP, not 2K? If there is one,
> I and several other people haven't been able to find it.

It is in XP. Personally I use ZoneAlarm anyway. <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 12:11:34 AM

jill wrote:

> > EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My ladder strafeazon has a Skystrike on weapon switch, but she uses a Kuko
> > ATM for the higher damage.

Oof! Morgana still twitches involuntarily whenever Kuko is mentioned.

> "cypress wuz hear!"

Yay! Welcome back, jill.

Richard.

--
Champion Hippolyta -- SP lvl 76 general-purpose Bowazon
Champion Alcippe -- SP lvl 76 pure Javazon

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:11:34 +0000, Richard Buckle
<richardb@sailmaker.co.uk> wrote:

>Yay! Welcome back, jill.
>
>Richard.

Welcome back yourself ;-)

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 1:38:10 AM

Richard Buckle <richardb@sailmaker.co.uk> typed as if devouring a plate
of spoo:
> jill wrote:
>
>>> EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> My ladder strafeazon has a Skystrike on weapon switch, but she uses
>>> a Kuko ATM for the higher damage.
>
> Oof! Morgana still twitches involuntarily whenever Kuko is mentioned.

Any particular reason? <g>

>> "cypress wuz hear!"
>
> Yay! Welcome back, jill.

And welcome back to you, also :)

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
January 27, 2005 3:18:10 AM

jill <pericat@gmail.com> stared blankly into space for a short while
before writing:
> I think it's the Raven Frost ring that lets her eat fire for
> breakfast;

Dwarf star

--
Doc
Anonymous

ald wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:11:34 +0000, Richard Buckle
> <richardb@sailmaker.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >Yay! Welcome back, jill.
> >
> >Richard.
>
> Welcome back yourself ;-)

Oh, I have always been here, just lurking.

Richard.

--
Champion Hippolyta -- SP lvl 76 general-purpose Bowazon
Champion Alcippe -- SP lvl 76 pure Javazon
Matriarch Morgana -- SP lvl 77 tri-band Sorceress
<http://www.sailmaker.co.uk/diablo/&gt;
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 5:23:34 AM

EvilBill wrote:

> > Oof! Morgana still twitches involuntarily whenever Kuko is mentioned.
> >

> Any particular reason? <g>

Blimey, you remembered that [ahem] little mishap after two years! I'm
flattered. Morgana, however, is nervous.

> And welcome back to you, also :)

I've never been away, just lurking. But I'm afraid my beloved triad
would have had to be destroyed and remade for 1.10 SP, and then
Neverwinter Nights came along, and well, once you've played Neverwinter
Nights you don't often look back. But, in homage, my favourite
character in Neverwinter Nights is [drum roll] Noxambula, Lawful
Neutral Monk15/Shadowdancer2.

Hmph, I suppose I should get Hippolyta and Alcippe to 1.09 Matriarch.

There's also the screenshot of all three of them nailing named cracked
sashes above the fireplace in the Pandemonium Fortress to be taken, and
pretty soon I'll have the werewithal, i.e. a third machine on my LAN.

I envisage a screenshot with the alt/opt key held down, so the names of
the three cracked sashes are clearly visible, and the following
overhead dialog:

Hippolyta (wielding hammer): Here?
Alcippe: A bit to the left, sis.
Morgana: Useless sash anyway, it never sat right.

Richard.

--
Champion Hippolyta -- SP lvl 76 general-purpose Bowazon
Champion Alcippe -- SP lvl 76 pure Javazon
Matriarch Morgana -- SP lvl 77 tri-band Sorceress
<http://www.sailmaker.co.uk/diablo/&gt;
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 5:54:36 AM

Richard Buckle <richardb@sailmaker.co.uk> typed as if devouring a plate
of spoo:
> EvilBill wrote:
>
>>> Oof! Morgana still twitches involuntarily whenever Kuko is
>>> mentioned.
>>>

>> Any particular reason? <g>
>
> Blimey, you remembered that [ahem] little mishap after two years! I'm
> flattered. Morgana, however, is nervous.

Sadly, I forgot. <g>
I do however remember the shield business with Alcippe... *ducks out before
getting hit by a Lightning Fury...*

>> And welcome back to you, also :)
>
> I've never been away, just lurking. But I'm afraid my beloved triad
> would have had to be destroyed and remade for 1.10 SP, and then
> Neverwinter Nights came along, and well, once you've played
> Neverwinter Nights you don't often look back. But, in homage, my
> favourite character in Neverwinter Nights is [drum roll] Noxambula,
> Lawful Neutral Monk15/Shadowdancer2.
>
> Hmph, I suppose I should get Hippolyta and Alcippe to 1.09 Matriarch.

Good idea. We want spot reports! ;)

> There's also the screenshot of all three of them nailing named cracked
> sashes above the fireplace in the Pandemonium Fortress to be taken,
> and pretty soon I'll have the werewithal, i.e. a third machine on my
> LAN.
>
> I envisage a screenshot with the alt/opt key held down, so the names
> of the three cracked sashes are clearly visible, and the following
> overhead dialog:
>
> Hippolyta (wielding hammer): Here?
> Alcippe: A bit to the left, sis.
> Morgana: Useless sash anyway, it never sat right.
>
> Richard.

LOL, I'd love to see that.

!