Guess who popped into the AGD game today?

Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a Blood
Raven-slaughtering spree :D
Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people were
talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
58 answers Last reply
More about guess popped game today

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a Blood
    >Raven-slaughtering spree :D
    >Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people were
    >talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>

    D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
    her again, please tell her we miss her.

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    EvilBill wrote:
    > Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a
    > Blood Raven-slaughtering spree :D
    > Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people
    > were talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>

    But you saw his face? In the cage I presume.

    desktop at home dot se

    Desktop <desktop@home.sweden> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > EvilBill wrote:
    >> Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a
    >> Blood Raven-slaughtering spree :D
    >> Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people
    >> were talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>
    >
    > But you saw his face? In the cage I presume.

    I didn't get out of the underground passage. <g>

    EvilBill wrote:
    > Desktop <desktop@home.sweden> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    >> EvilBill wrote:
    >>> Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a
    >>> Blood Raven-slaughtering spree :D
    >>> Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people
    >>> were talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face
    >>> <g>
    >>
    >> But you saw his face? In the cage I presume.
    >>

    > I didn't get out of the underground passage. <g>

    TMI!

    desktop at home dot se

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

    > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a Blood
    > >Raven-slaughtering spree :D
    > >Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people were
    > >talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>

    I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me with low
    level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal! yay!) and ammies
    (Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink somewheres besides Atma's-- they
    get rolled every time for their jewelry) and then a very quick excursion
    with a paladin (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an assassin. Said
    assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and shot our damage
    levels to the sky.

    > D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
    > her again, please tell her we miss her.

    But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay attention
    to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But Sorrow_<something> said
    ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had been bandying my name around.
    :)

    We had fun.

    jill
    --
    *pericat

    Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

    rerun-- USWest lvl 6 bowazon
    Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
    Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:05:32 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:

    >But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay attention
    >to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But Sorrow_<something> said
    >ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had been bandying my name around.
    >:)
    >
    >We had fun.
    >
    >jill

    Yeah, SOs are a pain that way, aren't they? I'm more than kind of glad
    I got rid of mine before the Diablo addiction arose ;-)

    Great to see you back! I don't assume you have anymore Kit's stories
    for us? ;-) Seriously, we have to hook up again at some point,
    preferably *after* I get my BNut problems ironed out.

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    And so it is written, that jill coming to a smoldering shrub,
    spake these words:
    > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill"
    >> <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new
    >>> zons on a Blood Raven-slaughtering spree :D
    >>> Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of
    >>> people were talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a
    >>> familiar face <g>
    >
    > I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me
    > with low level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal!
    > yay!) and ammies (Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink
    > somewheres besides Atma's-- they get rolled every time for
    > their jewelry) and then a very quick excursion with a paladin
    > (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an assassin. Said
    > assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and shot our
    > damage levels to the sky.
    >
    >> D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If
    >> you see her again, please tell her we miss her.
    >
    > But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay
    > attention to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But
    > Sorrow_<something> said ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB
    > had been bandying my name around. :)
    >
    > We had fun.
    >
    > jill
    > --
    > *pericat

    Pericat! If I'd known you were on, I'd be playing B/net. Lately, have
    been keeping my accouts active, Playing a little bit of D1, a decent amount
    of the Nez mod for D2/LoD, and alot of Red Baron 3.

    --
    -Wailwulf
    http://Wailwulf.home.att.net

    dieBestie L35+ Diablo B/net Warrior
    Patriarch dieBestie L99 LOD USAWest Paladin (Offensive)
    Slayer derEber L80+ LOD USAWest Ladder Paladin (Offensive)
    Slayer dasTier L75+ LOD USAWest Paladin (Defensive)
    Slayer VVailwulf L45+ LOD USAWest Druid (Werewolf with Dire Wolf Pack)

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
    pericat@gmail.com (jill) said:

    >ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a Blood
    >> >Raven-slaughtering spree :D
    >> >Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people were
    >> >talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>
    >
    >I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me with low
    >level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal! yay!) and ammies
    >(Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink somewheres besides Atma's-- they
    >get rolled every time for their jewelry) and then a very quick excursion
    >with a paladin (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an assassin. Said
    >assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and shot our damage
    >levels to the sky.
    >
    >> D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
    >> her again, please tell her we miss her.
    >
    >But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay attention
    >to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But Sorrow_<something> said
    >ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had been bandying my name around.
    >:)
    >
    >We had fun.
    >
    >jill

    YAY!!!1!!1!!11!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!

    jill is back!!!!

    Um, BTW, I think 0tarin might be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen him
    in a while. Do you want to check the bathroom or the closets?
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    ald wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill"
    <quake2lives@gmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on a
    Blood
    > >Raven-slaughtering spree :D
    > >Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people
    were
    > >talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face <g>
    >
    > D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
    > her again, please tell her we miss her.

    Why can't you get on? Dog eat your LoD CD again?

    Mickey

    jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:55 -0000, "EvilBill"
    >> <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jill aka pericat showed up unannounced and we took our new zons on
    >>> a Blood Raven-slaughtering spree :D
    >>> Sadly I had to leave before rescuing Cain because a bunch of people
    >>> were talking to me on AIM, but it was nice to see a familiar face
    >>> <g>
    >
    > I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me with low
    > level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal! yay!) and ammies
    > (Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink somewheres besides Atma's--
    > they get rolled every time for their jewelry) and then a very quick
    > excursion with a paladin (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an
    > assassin. Said assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and
    > shot our damage levels to the sky.

    w00t! :D
    Sounds like spot report time ;) Cathan's is always useful at low levels,
    too. Hell, even at higher levels, 6% life steal can mean the difference
    between escape and corpse recover <g>

    >> D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
    >> her again, please tell her we miss her.
    >
    > But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay
    > attention to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But
    > Sorrow_<something> said ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had
    > been bandying my name around. :)
    >
    > We had fun.

    :)
    Well we'll be expecting you to be around more often from now on ;) LOL

    On 21 Jan 2005 09:35:35 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Why can't you get on? Dog eat your LoD CD again?
    >
    >Mickey

    No, as a matter of fact I have a brand new second CD, waiting for me
    to get this problem ironed out. I gave you the short version before,
    but apparently you missed it, so I'll try to flesh it out a bit more
    here, at least as much as I can remember.

    I got this new-to-me-but-definitely-not-new computer back in July. It
    was a *great* deal, everything I'd been looking for in a box plus a
    19" monitor for about $500. The only problem it has is that it won't
    connect to BattleNet, which of course was the purpose I bought it for
    :-(

    Every time I try to connect to BNut, it hangs at the "checking
    versions" screen. I posted here and in ART, asking for suggestions,
    and received plenty, all except one of which I've tried (coming
    later). The Hamster and I (and a few other people) spent many hours
    fiddling with the settings on the modem, which ended up optimized for
    BNut, but that's not the problem, because I *can* get on with things
    like Subbot (and one other way where I ended up in a chat channel, but
    I don't remember how), I can host or join TCP/IP games, play SP in the
    regular games and now (not when the problem started, as I hadn't
    downloaded any then) in various mods, in short I can do everything in
    the game except get on BattleNet.

    We tried deleting all of the BattleNet settings in the registry, even
    before I got the canned reply from Blizz support, and I even had
    someone send me their Realms settings and put it into the registry
    file. I've done numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of D2 and LoD, IIRC
    (and I'm not sure of this) when I try to connect with a new install it
    updates it to 1.10 but then hangs again, but I've also tried getting
    the patch from Blizz's site. Zone Alarm was *not* the problem, since
    apparently it never got to the point where Zone Alarm checked it (in
    other words it never actually sent info out or tried to act as a
    server), but I went ahead and replaced ZA with Kerio's Personal
    Firewall, which IIRC I've manually set to allow D2 (either that or it
    came up with the TCP/IP games), since again the program never seems to
    get to it.

    This *does* bring up the only other problem I've found on the
    computer, which is that neither firewall seems to work correctly. Most
    (but not all, I found this out the other day) of the time when the
    firewall is running, I can't do most things on-line. IIRC I can get
    messages in Agent, but sending them is iffy at best, most messages
    will not send (and if it won't send the first time, repeated attempts
    will not work, until I turn the firewall off), IE gets a can't connect
    message, Trillian will say it's connected but no one shows up on my
    list (again, most of the time, IIRC, it's been a while since I allowed
    this situation to last more than a couple of seconds). This leads me
    to believe there's a security setting that I can't find, but I need to
    finish detailing the problem first (yeah, I know, this is a lot more
    than you were looking for, but I'm trying to be thorough).

    Ok, what else haven't I covered? Pinging BNut produces the expected
    results, it times out after about 15 or 16 hops, as it should since
    Blizz disabled it. A couple of months after I got and responded to the
    canned reply from Blizz support, I *did* get one personal reply, where
    the tech guy decided I'd hacked the program and gave me various ways
    to get it working right (all of which I'd already tried). I replied
    asking what led him to think I was a hacker, and haven't heard from
    them since. I *think* that's about all, if I've left anything out
    please feel free to ask.

    The one solution I haven't tried yet was suggested by Ken over in ART.
    He sent me disks for both Win 2K Pro (which is what is on here) and XP
    Pro and has suggested a format and reinstall. The morning that I had
    set aside to do this, the power supply failed on the computer. I took
    it back to where I bought it, since it was (barely) still under
    warranty, and after waiting about 3 months for the motherboard that
    they thought was the problem they decided that maybe I was right and
    it was the power supply, and I finally got it back on Christmas Eve.
    I'd asked *them* to format and reinstall, but the guy forgot to, and I
    didn't want to wait *another* 3 months for him to do it, so I didn't
    press the issue.

    Now, of course, I've been using this thing for a while and have all
    kinds of things on here that I'd hate to lose (and am not smart enough
    to find all of them and try to learn how to burn them to CD), so I'm
    more than a little hesitant to do the format *if* it isn't going to
    work. If I think there's a good chance that it will, I'm willing to
    sacrifice everything I have on here, since again the main reason I
    bought this silly machine was to be able to play on BattleNet the way
    the game is supposed to be. So the question again is: Do you think
    that doing a format and reinstall of Windows will solve the problem?
    And a second, related question: Given your choice, which would you
    install, 2K Pro or XP Pro? I had heard that 2K Pro was the most
    stable, and indeed other than IE closing a few times I've had no
    problems with it, but I've since been advised by other people, my
    father being the most notable, that XP Pro is better.

    jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:

    > YAY!!!1!!1!!11!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!
    >
    > jill is back!!!!

    Y'know, I'm pretty happy about it, too.

    > Um, BTW, I think 0tarin might be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen him
    > in a while. Do you want to check the bathroom or the closets?

    Now, why would 0t be found anywhere near clean clothes or running water?

    I've missed him. I've missed all of you. Thanks for the kind welcome,
    everyone!

    jill

    --
    *pericat

    Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

    rerun-- USWest lvl 11 bowazon
    Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
    Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

    > And a second, related question: Given your choice, which would you
    > install, 2K Pro or XP Pro? I had heard that 2K Pro was the most
    > stable, and indeed other than IE closing a few times I've had no
    > problems with it, but I've since been advised by other people, my
    > father being the most notable, that XP Pro is better.

    I've found XP Pro to be more stable on the work laptop, which is
    important to me since I'm 1,500 miles from internal tech support.

    But I don't play games on that machine, either, and the two situations
    aren't truly comparable. Since I wasn't in on the first discussion, and
    can't be arsed to google it (winning smile here), I'll just toss out
    something you've probably already covered from all directions: are you
    quite sure your firewall or settings or ISP is allowing UDP stuff
    through?

    jill

    --

    Wailwulf <Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    > Pericat! If I'd known you were on, I'd be playing B/net. Lately, have
    > been keeping my accouts active, Playing a little bit of D1, a decent amount
    > of the Nez mod for D2/LoD, and alot of Red Baron 3.

    We should get together for a game sometime. I need to do something about
    recreating my 'friends' list, come to think of it.

    jill
    --
    *pericat

    Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

    rerun-- USWest lvl 11 bowazon
    Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
    Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

    > Yeah, SOs are a pain that way, aren't they? I'm more than kind of glad
    > I got rid of mine before the Diablo addiction arose ;-)

    Well, I've just married this one, and as she's very understanding about
    the D2 thing (we used to play a lot of D1, back in the day), I have to
    return the compliment when it comes to RL. :)

    > Great to see you back! I don't assume you have anymore Kit's stories
    > for us? ;-) Seriously, we have to hook up again at some point,
    > preferably *after* I get my BNut problems ironed out.

    Kitsilan's been happily retired since her triumphal exit. Kyle's bored
    with inaction and daytime tv, though.

    Get your online hookup sorted soon, please. Focus. It's bound to be
    something simple and catastrophically expensive.

    jill

    --

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:07:00 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:

    >Get your online hookup sorted soon, please. Focus. It's bound to be
    >something simple and catastrophically expensive.
    >
    >jill

    Simple I could handle (but believe me, I've tried all of the simple
    fixes), catastrophically expensive would be a bit of a problem at the
    moment :-(

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    And so it is written, that jill coming to a smoldering shrub,
    spake these words:
    > Wailwulf <Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Pericat! If I'd known you were on, I'd be playing B/net.
    >> Lately, have been keeping my accouts active, Playing a little
    >> bit of D1, a decent amount of the Nez mod for D2/LoD, and
    >> alot of Red Baron 3.
    >
    > We should get together for a game sometime. I need to do
    > something about recreating my 'friends' list, come to think of
    > it.
    >
    > jill

    When do you think will be the best time to find you on line? If I have
    an idea, and I can, I'd make a concerted effort to be on B/net. VVailwulf
    (ladder) still needs to get out of act 3 NM, and I created him the day the
    ladder was refreshed.
    --
    -Wailwulf
    http://Wailwulf.home.att.net

    *dieBestie
    *Wailwulf

    dieBestie L35+ Diablo B/net Warrior
    Patriarch dieBestie L99 LOD USAWest Paladin (Offensive)
    Slayer derEber L80+ LOD USAWest Ladder Paladin (Offensive)
    Slayer dasTier L75+ LOD USAWest Paladin (Defensive)
    Slayer VVailwulf L45+ LOD USAWest Druid (Werewolf with Dire Wolf Pack)

    > Now, of course, I've been using this thing for a while and have all
    > kinds of things on here that I'd hate to lose (and am not smart enough
    > to find all of them and try to learn how to burn them to CD), so I'm
    > more than a little hesitant to do the format *if* it isn't going to
    > work. If I think there's a good chance that it will, I'm willing to
    > sacrifice everything I have on here, since again the main reason I
    > bought this silly machine was to be able to play on BattleNet the way
    > the game is supposed to be. So the question again is: Do you think
    > that doing a format and reinstall of Windows will solve the problem?
    > And a second, related question: Given your choice, which would you
    > install, 2K Pro or XP Pro? I had heard that 2K Pro was the most
    > stable, and indeed other than IE closing a few times I've had no
    > problems with it, but I've since been advised by other people, my
    > father being the most notable, that XP Pro is better.

    Win 2k is quite good and very stable but it requires you to have a little
    more knowledge if you want to tweak it from its generic settings. XP on the
    other hand can't be tweaked as much, but whats there is easier to change,
    (if that makes any sense to you). :)

    Not having seen the specs for your your new-old computer, is it over 1 gig
    processor and 512 ram, I have set it up on a few comps and find if its below
    those reqs performance will be rather ordinary, faster processors can get by
    with 256meg but 512 REALLY does make it work better

    Craig

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:17:08 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
    wrote:

    >Win 2k is quite good and very stable but it requires you to have a little
    >more knowledge if you want to tweak it from its generic settings. XP on the
    >other hand can't be tweaked as much, but whats there is easier to change,
    >(if that makes any sense to you). :)

    It does, and thanks, although I'm not sure how much I want to tweak
    ;-)

    >Not having seen the specs for your your new-old computer, is it over 1 gig
    >processor and 512 ram, I have set it up on a few comps and find if its below
    >those reqs performance will be rather ordinary, faster processors can get by
    >with 256meg but 512 REALLY does make it work better
    >
    >Craig

    I can't seem to find the processor speed, but I *know* I've found it
    before (probably *not* at 3 a.m., though ;-) ), IIRC it's a 1.4 Gig?
    Only 256 RAM, with 228 or so showing up (video memory being the
    difference? I've been told that may be what's causing the
    discrepancy), that was the highest these people had and I figured it
    would be more than enough for D2 (but sadly, apparently nowhere *near*
    enough for WoW).

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:

    > After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
    > pericat@gmail.com (jill) said:
    >
    > >ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

    > >I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me with low
    > >level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal! yay!) and ammies
    > >(Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink somewheres besides Atma's-- they
    > >get rolled every time for their jewelry) and then a very quick excursion
    > >with a paladin (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an assassin. Said
    > >assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and shot our damage
    > >levels to the sky.
    > >
    > >> D*mn, and of course she comes back when I can't get on :-( If you see
    > >> her again, please tell her we miss her.
    > >
    > >But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay attention
    > >to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But Sorrow_<something> said
    > >ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had been bandying my name around.
    > >:)
    > >
    > >We had fun.
    > >
    > >jill
    >
    > YAY!!!1!!1!!11!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!
    >
    > jill is back!!!!
    >

    > Um, BTW, I think 0tarin might be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen him
    > in a while. Do you want to check the bathroom or the closets?

    I'm pretty sure he's not around here at the moment. We're too boring.
    ;-)

    Shari

    jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > Wailwulf <Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Pericat! If I'd known you were on, I'd be playing B/net.
    >> Lately, have been keeping my accouts active, Playing a little bit of
    >> D1, a decent amount of the Nez mod for D2/LoD, and alot of Red
    >> Baron 3.
    >
    > We should get together for a game sometime. I need to do something
    > about recreating my 'friends' list, come to think of it.

    *evilbill-agqx2 for my ladder account <g>

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah, SOs are a pain that way, aren't they? I'm more than kind of
    >> glad I got rid of mine before the Diablo addiction arose ;-)
    >
    > Well, I've just married this one, and as she's very understanding
    > about the D2 thing (we used to play a lot of D1, back in the day), I
    > have to return the compliment when it comes to RL. :)
    >
    >> Great to see you back! I don't assume you have anymore Kit's stories
    >> for us? ;-) Seriously, we have to hook up again at some point,
    >> preferably *after* I get my BNut problems ironed out.
    >
    > Kitsilan's been happily retired since her triumphal exit. Kyle's bored
    > with inaction and daytime tv, though.

    I'm thinking Kits could use a 1.10 'rebirth' <g>

    pericat@gmail.com (jill) said:

    >jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:
    >
    >> YAY!!!1!!1!!11!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!
    >>
    >> jill is back!!!!
    >
    >Y'know, I'm pretty happy about it, too.
    >
    >> Um, BTW, I think 0tarin might be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen him
    >> in a while. Do you want to check the bathroom or the closets?
    >
    >Now, why would 0t be found anywhere near clean clothes or running water?

    You do have a point...

    >I've missed him. I've missed all of you. Thanks for the kind welcome,
    >everyone!

    You're welcome.
    --

    orchid@somewhere.net (Orchid) said:

    >jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:
    >
    >> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
    >> pericat@gmail.com (jill) said:

    >> >I went back this evening, and a perfect stranger loaded me with low
    >> >level charms and rings (including Cathan's Seal! yay!) and ammies
    >> >(Iratha's! She and Cathan need to drink somewheres besides Atma's-- they
    >> >get rolled every time for their jewelry) and then a very quick excursion
    >> >with a paladin (Sorrow_<something>) watched over by an assassin. Said
    >> >assassin laid an 'enchant' swirlie on us both, and shot our damage
    >> >levels to the sky.

    >> >But the game-creator had done Cain, and my SO wanted me to pay attention
    >> >to supper arrangements for a bit, so I left. But Sorrow_<something> said
    >> >ald said to say 'hi', and I guessed EB had been bandying my name around.
    >> >:)
    >> >
    >> >We had fun.
    >> >
    >> >jill
    >>
    >> YAY!!!1!!1!!11!!one!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!
    >>
    >> jill is back!!!!
    >>

    >> Um, BTW, I think 0tarin might be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen him
    >> in a while. Do you want to check the bathroom or the closets?
    >
    >I'm pretty sure he's not around here at the moment. We're too boring.
    >;-)

    Well, if you're still in touch with him, maybe you could tell him jill is back?
    --

    ald wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:17:08 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Win 2k is quite good and very stable but it requires you to have a
    >> little more knowledge if you want to tweak it from its generic
    >> settings. XP on the other hand can't be tweaked as much, but whats
    >> there is easier to change, (if that makes any sense to you). :)
    >
    > It does, and thanks, although I'm not sure how much I want to tweak
    > ;-)
    >
    >> Not having seen the specs for your your new-old computer, is it over
    >> 1 gig processor and 512 ram, I have set it up on a few comps and
    >> find if its below those reqs performance will be rather ordinary,
    >> faster processors can get by with 256meg but 512 REALLY does make it
    >> work better
    >>
    >> Craig
    >
    > I can't seem to find the processor speed, but I *know* I've found it
    > before (probably *not* at 3 a.m., though ;-) ), IIRC it's a 1.4 Gig?
    > Only 256 RAM, with 228 or so showing up (video memory being the
    > difference? I've been told that may be what's causing the
    > discrepancy), that was the highest these people had and I figured it
    > would be more than enough for D2 (but sadly, apparently nowhere *near*
    > enough for WoW).

    OK, XP will be ok, however I suggest you turn all the pretty settings off,
    although it would still pay to add another 256 of ram when finances permit.
    If you have any other questions, my Yahoo addy is still valid.
    We need to get you back online, playing single player too much does strange
    things to people. :)

    Craig

    On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 19:32:15 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
    wrote:

    >OK, XP will be ok, however I suggest you turn all the pretty settings off,
    >although it would still pay to add another 256 of ram when finances permit.

    Believe me, I'm getting pressure from a certain someone who wants me
    to join him in WoW ;-)

    >If you have any other questions, my Yahoo addy is still valid.
    >We need to get you back online, playing single player too much does strange
    >things to people. :)
    >
    >Craig

    Do me a favor and send me an IM (Yahoo is ald_007_1999)? I've lost
    everybody on my contact list, at least on *this* computer.

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    Wailwulf <Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    > When do you think will be the best time to find you on line? If I have
    > an idea, and I can, I'd make a concerted effort to be on B/net. VVailwulf
    > (ladder) still needs to get out of act 3 NM, and I created him the day the
    > ladder was refreshed.

    I don't know that I'll be playing all that much online on a regular
    basis, but maybe afternoon/early evening?

    --
    *pericat

    Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

    rerun-- USWest lvl 14 bowazon

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:12:56 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:

    >Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon

    ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
    Nez, not AR ;-)

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:12:56 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:
    >
    >> Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
    >
    > ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
    > Nez, not AR ;-)

    Probably slvl 35 or so Strafe ;)

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

    > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:12:56 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:
    >
    > >Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
    >
    > ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
    > Nez, not AR ;-)

    Strafe. She shoots very, very fast. :D

    jill

    --

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 02:18:08 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:

    >ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:12:56 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:
    >>
    >> >Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
    >>
    >> ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
    >> Nez, not AR ;-)
    >
    >Strafe. She shoots very, very fast. :D
    >
    >jill

    Oh, good. You had me worried there for a bit ;-)

    ald wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:17:08 +1100, "Craig"
    <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Win 2k is quite good and very stable but it requires you to have a
    little
    > >more knowledge if you want to tweak it from its generic settings. XP
    on the
    > >other hand can't be tweaked as much, but whats there is easier to
    change,
    > >(if that makes any sense to you). :)
    >
    > It does, and thanks, although I'm not sure how much I want to tweak
    > ;-)
    >
    > >Not having seen the specs for your your new-old computer, is it over
    1 gig
    > >processor and 512 ram, I have set it up on a few comps and find if
    its below
    > >those reqs performance will be rather ordinary, faster processors
    can get by
    > >with 256meg but 512 REALLY does make it work better
    > >
    > >Craig
    >
    > I can't seem to find the processor speed, but I *know* I've found it
    > before (probably *not* at 3 a.m., though ;-) ), IIRC it's a 1.4 Gig?
    > Only 256 RAM, with 228 or so showing up (video memory being the
    > difference? I've been told that may be what's causing the
    > discrepancy), that was the highest these people had and I figured it
    > would be more than enough for D2 (but sadly, apparently nowhere
    *near*
    > enough for WoW).

    Start Program ---> Run ----> type DXDIAG

    Max

    jill <pericat@gmail.com> wrote:

    > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Yeah, SOs are a pain that way, aren't they? I'm more than kind of glad
    > > I got rid of mine before the Diablo addiction arose ;-)
    >
    > Well, I've just married this one...

    Congratulations. :-)

    And welcome back.

    Shari

    On 25 Jan 2005 12:17:07 -0800, "Max" <maxterry@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Start Program ---> Run ----> type DXDIAG
    >
    >Max

    Ah, thankee, Sai, it says ~1333 MHz ;-)

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:12:56 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:
    >>
    >>> Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
    >>
    >> ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
    >> Nez, not AR ;-)
    >
    > Strafe. She shoots very, very fast. :D

    What's she wearing in the way of IAS?

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:

    > jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

    > >> ? I hope this is a reference to either MS or Strafe, IIRC guns are in
    > >> Nez, not AR ;-)
    > >
    > > Strafe. She shoots very, very fast. :D
    > >

    > What's she wearing in the way of IAS?

    Magnus' Skin coupled with Skystrike.

    jill
    --
    *pericat

    Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

    rerun-- USWest lvl 18 bowazon

    Orchid <orchid@somewhere.net> wrote:

    > jill <pericat@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Yeah, SOs are a pain that way, aren't they? I'm more than kind of glad
    > > > I got rid of mine before the Diablo addiction arose ;-)
    > >
    > > Well, I've just married this one...
    >
    > Congratulations. :-)
    >
    > And welcome back.

    Thank you! On both counts.

    jill
    --
    *pericat

    Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

    rerun-- USWest lvl 18 bowazon
    Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 67 gatling gun zon
    Slayer Siobhan-- AR-SE lvl 81 tri-elemental mage

    jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:

    >>> Strafe. She shoots very, very fast. :D
    >>>

    >> What's she wearing in the way of IAS?
    >
    > Magnus' Skin coupled with Skystrike.

    Sweet :)
    My ladder strafeazon has a Skystrike on weapon switch, but she uses a Kuko
    ATM for the higher damage.

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:

    > jill <pericat@gmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > > EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:

    > >> What's she wearing in the way of IAS?
    > >
    > > Magnus' Skin coupled with Skystrike.
    > >

    > Sweet :)
    > My ladder strafeazon has a Skystrike on weapon switch, but she uses a Kuko
    > ATM for the higher damage.

    I have you to thank for this, since your asking meant I had to swap into
    AR and have a look, which reminded me how long it'd been since I took
    cypress out for walkies, and how much fun she could be. She has the
    cheesiest combination of crafted jewelry, armour and charms ever seen. I
    think even an ITAM editor would blush to turn out some of this stuff;
    why people edit their chars I don't know, all they have to do is play a
    mod.

    AR-SE currently has a glitch whereby NM A3 does not spawn a Disused Fane
    full of Enraged Diablos. The DF is there, at the bottom of the Swampy
    Pit, but no Diablos. And the Kurast Sewers are two levels instead of
    going straight to the second, as I vaguely remember should happen. Allow
    me a moment to register my pique at this sorry state of affairs.

    With that in mind, I determined to blast cypress through A3 as fast as
    ever I could, and I've never done it that fast in SP. She had good maps
    all through, the Flayer Jungle connected up with the Spider Forest, the
    Spider Cavern and the Flayer Dungeon both pretty much out in the open,
    and while it was a bit of a slog, slog she did at top speed. She almost
    died to Undead Stygian Dollie Skels in the second level of the Sewers;
    but got lucky with a rejuv toss.

    I think it's the Raven Frost ring that lets her eat fire for breakfast;
    she stood nearly toe to toe with the Travincal Council for the nearly
    ten minutes of steady shooting it took to eliminate them. But for a zon
    that's entirely comfortable standing in a lake of fire, she sure does
    grouse about it. "Ow, ow, ow!" all the blessed time, and her life ball
    overflowing the while.

    Mephisto was unexpectedly hardy, but he mostly focused on her merc,
    Azrael, a fine, upstanding Holy Freeze jabber who's been levelling
    steadily along with her.

    She cleared the Plains in A4, after gambling for a rare rune bow and
    crafting it into Magewrath. While it does somewhat better damage, she
    misses the Meteor Strike on Skystrike. She's grown used to tagging her
    kills with that entirely gratuitous and, in SP, utterly ineffective[1]
    bit of eye candy. It's just her way of saying, "cypress wuz hear!"

    jill

    [1] unless that's been fixed in 1.10?

    --
    *pericat

    Slayer Kitsilan-- SP lvl 46 bowazon

    rerun-- USWest lvl 18 bowazon
    Slayer cypress_ar-- AR-SE lvl 73 gatling gun zon

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 05:44:52 GMT, pericat@gmail.com (jill) wrote:

    >I have you to thank for this, since your asking meant I had to swap into
    >AR and have a look, which reminded me how long it'd been since I took
    >cypress out for walkies, and how much fun she could be. She has the
    >cheesiest combination of crafted jewelry, armour and charms ever seen. I
    >think even an ITAM editor would blush to turn out some of this stuff;
    >why people edit their chars I don't know, all they have to do is play a
    >mod.

    Heh, yeah, I take it from the comment on the armor that you *have*
    killed Natalya with her? That one alone is enough to turn a character
    into a uber-boss ;-)

    BTW, that's *much* harder in 1.10, he made Natalya into a real
    Assassin, in every meaning of the word.

    >AR-SE currently has a glitch whereby NM A3 does not spawn a Disused Fane
    >full of Enraged Diablos. The DF is there, at the bottom of the Swampy
    >Pit, but no Diablos. And the Kurast Sewers are two levels instead of
    >going straight to the second, as I vaguely remember should happen. Allow
    >me a moment to register my pique at this sorry state of affairs.

    Funny, I don't remember that, and my first encounters with the Uber
    Diablos were *definitely* in 1.09 AR-SE. Maybe that's something that
    was changed in an upgrade? As to the Sewers, I always had to get lost
    in the first level before finding the entrance to the second.

    >With that in mind, I determined to blast cypress through A3 as fast as
    >ever I could, and I've never done it that fast in SP. She had good maps
    >all through, the Flayer Jungle connected up with the Spider Forest, the
    >Spider Cavern and the Flayer Dungeon both pretty much out in the open,
    >and while it was a bit of a slog, slog she did at top speed. She almost
    >died to Undead Stygian Dollie Skels in the second level of the Sewers;
    >but got lucky with a rejuv toss.

    Ugh, we *hates* Undead Stygian Dolls, yes we do, my precious ;-)

    >I think it's the Raven Frost ring that lets her eat fire for breakfast;
    >she stood nearly toe to toe with the Travincal Council for the nearly
    >ten minutes of steady shooting it took to eliminate them. But for a zon
    >that's entirely comfortable standing in a lake of fire, she sure does
    >grouse about it. "Ow, ow, ow!" all the blessed time, and her life ball
    >overflowing the while.

    You can lead a Bowazon to water, but you can't stop her from
    complaining ;-)

    >Mephisto was unexpectedly hardy, but he mostly focused on her merc,
    >Azrael, a fine, upstanding Holy Freeze jabber who's been levelling
    >steadily along with her.

    Huh? Why'd you let him near him? When I'm taking on Meph with a
    Bowazon, I always run into his area to draw him out, then run back
    across the river (hopefully with the Merc in tow). The *Valk* then
    gets to take the damage, she's much less expensive to recast. Of
    course, I'm always using a Rogue merc, so she can actually have an
    effect in this strategy (assuming I don't let the Valk die, Meph
    always seems to go after the Merc next), so I guess this works, as
    long as you didn't have to pay to res him ;-)

    >She cleared the Plains in A4, after gambling for a rare rune bow and
    >crafting it into Magewrath. While it does somewhat better damage, she
    >misses the Meteor Strike on Skystrike. She's grown used to tagging her
    >kills with that entirely gratuitous and, in SP, utterly ineffective[1]
    >bit of eye candy. It's just her way of saying, "cypress wuz hear!"
    >
    >jill
    >
    >[1] unless that's been fixed in 1.10?

    Not that I've noticed.

    Thanks for an excellent Spot Report, as always up to your usual
    standards. SBPP! :-)

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:

    > Heh, the only problem with that is that I disabled all USB devices at
    > one point, trying to see if that was the problem ;-) It shouldn't be
    > *too* difficult to enable them again, though.
    >
    > As to the Firewall, I thought that was in XP, not 2K? If there is one,
    > I and several other people haven't been able to find it.

    It is in XP. Personally I use ZoneAlarm anyway. <g>

    jill wrote:

    > > EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
    > > My ladder strafeazon has a Skystrike on weapon switch, but she uses a Kuko
    > > ATM for the higher damage.

    Oof! Morgana still twitches involuntarily whenever Kuko is mentioned.

    > "cypress wuz hear!"

    Yay! Welcome back, jill.

    Richard.

    --
    Champion Hippolyta -- SP lvl 76 general-purpose Bowazon
    Champion Alcippe -- SP lvl 76 pure Javazon

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:11:34 +0000, Richard Buckle
    <richardb@sailmaker.co.uk> wrote:

    >Yay! Welcome back, jill.
    >
    >Richard.

    Welcome back yourself ;-)

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    Richard Buckle <richardb@sailmaker.co.uk> typed as if devouring a plate
    of spoo:
    > jill wrote:
    >
    >>> EvilBill <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>> My ladder strafeazon has a Skystrike on weapon switch, but she uses
    >>> a Kuko ATM for the higher damage.
    >
    > Oof! Morgana still twitches involuntarily whenever Kuko is mentioned.

    Any particular reason? <g>

    >> "cypress wuz hear!"
    >
    > Yay! Welcome back, jill.

    And welcome back to you, also :)

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    jill <pericat@gmail.com> stared blankly into space for a short while
    before writing:
    > I think it's the Raven Frost ring that lets her eat fire for
    > breakfast;

    Dwarf star

    --
    Doc

    ald wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 21:11:34 +0000, Richard Buckle
    > <richardb@sailmaker.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > >Yay! Welcome back, jill.
    > >
    > >Richard.
    >
    > Welcome back yourself ;-)

    Oh, I have always been here, just lurking.

    Richard.

    --

    EvilBill wrote:

    > > Oof! Morgana still twitches involuntarily whenever Kuko is mentioned.
    > >

    > Any particular reason? <g>

    Blimey, you remembered that [ahem] little mishap after two years! I'm
    flattered. Morgana, however, is nervous.

    > And welcome back to you, also :)

    I've never been away, just lurking. But I'm afraid my beloved triad
    would have had to be destroyed and remade for 1.10 SP, and then
    Neverwinter Nights came along, and well, once you've played Neverwinter
    Nights you don't often look back. But, in homage, my favourite
    character in Neverwinter Nights is [drum roll] Noxambula, Lawful
    Neutral Monk15/Shadowdancer2.

    Hmph, I suppose I should get Hippolyta and Alcippe to 1.09 Matriarch.

    There's also the screenshot of all three of them nailing named cracked
    sashes above the fireplace in the Pandemonium Fortress to be taken, and
    pretty soon I'll have the werewithal, i.e. a third machine on my LAN.

    I envisage a screenshot with the alt/opt key held down, so the names of
    the three cracked sashes are clearly visible, and the following
    overhead dialog:

    Hippolyta (wielding hammer): Here?
    Alcippe: A bit to the left, sis.
    Morgana: Useless sash anyway, it never sat right.

    Richard.

    --
    Champion Hippolyta -- SP lvl 76 general-purpose Bowazon
    Champion Alcippe -- SP lvl 76 pure Javazon
    Matriarch Morgana -- SP lvl 77 tri-band Sorceress
    <http://www.sailmaker.co.uk/diablo/>

    Richard Buckle <richardb@sailmaker.co.uk> typed as if devouring a plate
    of spoo:
    > EvilBill wrote:
    >
    >>> Oof! Morgana still twitches involuntarily whenever Kuko is
    >>> mentioned.
    >>>

    >> Any particular reason? <g>
    >
    > Blimey, you remembered that [ahem] little mishap after two years! I'm
    > flattered. Morgana, however, is nervous.

    Sadly, I forgot. <g>
    I do however remember the shield business with Alcippe... *ducks out before
    getting hit by a Lightning Fury...*

    >> And welcome back to you, also :)
    >
    > I've never been away, just lurking. But I'm afraid my beloved triad
    > would have had to be destroyed and remade for 1.10 SP, and then
    > Neverwinter Nights came along, and well, once you've played
    > Neverwinter Nights you don't often look back. But, in homage, my
    > favourite character in Neverwinter Nights is [drum roll] Noxambula,
    > Lawful Neutral Monk15/Shadowdancer2.
    >
    > Hmph, I suppose I should get Hippolyta and Alcippe to 1.09 Matriarch.

    Good idea. We want spot reports! ;)

    > There's also the screenshot of all three of them nailing named cracked
    > sashes above the fireplace in the Pandemonium Fortress to be taken,
    > and pretty soon I'll have the werewithal, i.e. a third machine on my
    > LAN.
    >
    > I envisage a screenshot with the alt/opt key held down, so the names
    > of the three cracked sashes are clearly visible, and the following
    > overhead dialog:
    >
    > Hippolyta (wielding hammer): Here?
    > Alcippe: A bit to the left, sis.
    > Morgana: Useless sash anyway, it never sat right.
    >
    > Richard.

    LOL, I'd love to see that.

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

FTP Games Diablo Video Games