• Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Well, Twilight Princess isn't the greatest, but it's a very deep game and probably the best available title for the Wii. If you're into racing games, get Excite Truck; we still play that game quite a bit here at THG.

I'm currently playing the Godfather Wii version, and it's much better than I expected. So there you go.

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
sell that pile while its new, There are no games worth a damn. And i think the game is marble madness, its not a bad game butstill nothing special. ecite truck is something different and godfather and prince of persia are pretty decent games, but if you have a any other console (even a game cube) most games suck. Raymen in kind of fun and makes good use of the control setup.
Of course this is mho, little kids will be impressed with the control setup though.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Of course this is mho, little kids will be impressed with the control setup though.

Hey now, I like the controller. 8O

But there is a lack of "good" games, but there are fun party games: WarioWare, Rayman, Mario Party 8 (coming soon).

Legend of Zelda is a good game, as well.

I think you'll find a genre that fits the Wii and you, seriously.

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Honestly, (Wii owner here) the games out right now blow.

How the Wario game got a 9.1 from gamespot is beyond me. RENT IT FIRST... it is nothing but mindless 10 sec minigames with the most annoying & repititve sounds (inbetween games). Kids seem to like it.

I just got MarioParty 8... not so good either. If you like marioparty games (like I do) then get it, but you'll soon be like me... "meh, this is it??" Gamespots 6.5 review was accurate.

I'm hoping for a mariokart game, hockey game, real tennis game, or real boxing game to help this system out.

I guess I really can't recommend ANY games right... fustrating I know. :oops:

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006

How the Wario game got a 9.1 from gamespot is beyond me. RENT IT FIRST... it is nothing but mindless 10 sec minigames with the most annoying & repititve sounds (inbetween games). Kids seem to like it.

Holy crap, Twisted, you and me both. I was so glad I rented that game first. What an overrated game. How in the world did it score that high? I really need to start doing reviews on a regular basis because I just can't stand the 8 to 10 scale that most places use to rate games these days.

As for the Wii, as Chris Rock once said, it needs a hit like a crack addict. I've been playing quite a bit of The Godfather, and it's pretty good. But most ports are garbage and the Nintendo titles themselves are struggl-icious, as far as I'm concerned.

Metriod? Mario Kart? Super Marior Galaxy? Umbrella Chronicles? I can only hope that some of these arrive sooner rather than later...

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006

Hey now, I like the controller. 8O

But there is a lack of "good" games, but there are fun party games: WarioWare, Rayman, Mario Party 8 (coming soon).

Legend of Zelda is a good game, as well.

I think you'll find a genre that fits the Wii and you, seriously.

I think the controller is a good idea but whem you have no games that really make good use of it , the controller seems to get in the way, or the controller makes the game stupid (like mortal kombat) Thats why i think alot of people like the godfather because you can use it in many ways, eg, punching,shooting,driving. It certainly not the graphics that make the game good, almost the same thing with prince of persia. The one thing that does not help is if you've palyed the game on any other system the graphics of the wii just sucks sometimes equal to the graphics of the wii, and i dont understand that.

Speaking of terrible games i just got 3 bad ones ,gt pro series, monster 4x4 are just total piles. I also got tigerwoods and the graphics blow, not to mention i cant figure out why i cant fit the whole picture on the screen.

The one game that is on the above average wit me is heatseeker , its kind of fun with decent graphics.

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007

Holy crap, Twisted, you and me both. I was so glad I rented that game first. What an overrated game. How in the world did it score that high? I really need to start doing reviews on a regular basis because I just can't stand the 8 to 10 scale that most places use to rate games these days.

As for the Wii, as Chris Rock once said, it needs a hit like a crack addict. I've been playing quite a bit of The Godfather, and it's pretty good. But most ports are garbage and the Nintendo titles themselves are struggl-icious, as far as I'm concerned.

Metriod? Mario Kart? Super Marior Galaxy? Umbrella Chronicles? I can only hope that some of these arrive sooner rather than later...

Haha... unfortuntely... I did not rent it :oops: :oops:

Son of a $#@# :wink:

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007

Haha... unfortuntely... I did not rent it :oops: :oops:

Son of a $#@# :wink:

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
I wasn't much on Mario Party (felt like the same ole same ole) or Rayman Rabbids or whatever. Wii sports is awesome, and I think Twilight Princess is a great addition to the franchise (no OoT, but still wonderful).

I heard the Prince of Persia is really good. Its just The Two Thrones re-made for the Wii. I loved it on gamecube, so if you do not have it on any other system, get it.

So my votes:

Twilight Princess
Prince of Persia

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
I have Tiger Woods, and although the graphics are bland, the only issue I really have is with the controller when swinging, at times. Sometimes it works great, but putting...oh man...that's a whole different ball of wax with that game. Not to mention that you can't read the greens for crap, sometimes. I could have what looks like a straight shot go left or right, with no real indication on why. Even with the green markers on there.

Otherwise, I thought the game is fun (for a while). I already beat Tiger Woods, so it's kind of a blow steam game, now.

I am waiting for Resident Evil and Metroid. I might take a look at Paper Mario, too.

juma12

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2007
I'm suprised resident evil 4 wasn't on that list, its one of the best if not the best wii game so far, in my opinion