Wrinkly_Ninja

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I can't seem to be able to set AA in oblivion.
I have all setings max, hdr, QTP3 etc. (all the best stuff), but when I enable AA in the Nvidia control panel, it works for other games but not Oblivion. Does anyone know why?

I have tried using override and enhance, but to no effect. I have set AA to 16x, no difference. This problem is only in Oblivion.

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I replied to this, but somehow it didn't stick.

I think only ATI cards can do HDR and AA.

I guess I could be wrong, maybe 8800 GTX does both.

Wrinkly_Ninja

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
It says in my sig 8800GTX. Now can you tell me anything a bit more helpful?

And yes I mentioned that I get hdr and AA in other games, and the 8 series can do that.

antikristuseke

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
oh right, sorry about that, a bit exhausted and didnt notice your signature. I can only guess its either a driver or game related issue and you could try some other driver versions or check if you are runing the latest patch for oblivion (which you probably are)

Wrinkly_Ninja

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Ok thanks guys, I will follow suggestions in the link you posted, and report back in a while. Hopefully I will get it working. It isn't fun spending loads of money on decent stuff and not having it working properly.
(BTW for me anything over £25 is loads of money and I spent £1000)

Wrinkly_Ninja

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Got it working. What I did was I made sure that AA was override in the control panel, then I deleted my Oblivion.ini file, ran oblivion, set everything to max, then followed the Tweakguides.com guide to tweak my ini. I must have accidently fiddled with a setting in the file before that disabled the AA.
The card was doing AA before, but i couldn't see the results, so now I have AA at no performance cost.

One final question.

At 1680x1050, what level of AA should I go for: 2x, 4x, 8x, 8xQ, 16x or 16xQ?