Local user logon script does not run

Hello George ! Thank you for your reply.

I'm using Windows XP pro. My computer is connected to any
network. I created the netlogon share for the directory
c:\windows\system32\repl\import\scripts. Inside the
scripts folder I placed the test.bat file. On the Profile
tab of the 'user' properties I set the script name as
test.bat. But the script never run. What is the problem.
Help me.

sms
1 answer Last reply
More about local user logon script

    not sure what to make of your statement: "My computer is connected to any
    network."
    I get the feeling you are trying to say your computer in *not* connected to
    any network, hence you created the netlogon share yourself.
    Is that a correct observation?
    Because if your computer *were* connected to a NT4 domain, the netlogon
    share would per default already exists on the exact location you are trying
    to create ne (on your XP box, I fear)

    as I have tried to clarify before (poorly, I guess) logon scripts will work
    if they are kept in the netlogon share on a *logon server*, which is eg. a
    w2000 domain controller and the user is a domain user, not a local user.
    the logon script box on the user Profile dialog will not accept a
    servername.
    so the only thing you can enter is the logon scriptname (possibly preceded
    by a pathname relative to the netlogon share.)
    go to Help and Support and search for 'logon script'.
    carefully read the explanation and you'll see what I mean.

    correct assessment on my part?

    george

    "sms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello George ! Thank you for your reply.
    >
    > I'm using Windows XP pro. My computer is connected to any
    > network. I created the netlogon share for the directory
    > c:\windows\system32\repl\import\scripts. Inside the
    > scripts folder I placed the test.bat file. On the Profile
    > tab of the 'user' properties I set the script name as
    > test.bat. But the script never run. What is the problem.
    > Help me.
    >
    > sms

Microsoft Windows XP