Bluetooth Internet access?

trevor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.internet.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

What are the steps to access the Web from my laptop which is connected via
BT to my home desktop and its cable modem? I have the Network Access in XP
on both
machines connected, however, I cannot get IE to access the internet.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.internet.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

You have to use the LAP (LAN Access) service or PAN (Personal Area Network).
Make sure to configure the DNS servers on the host computer. Have a look in
our Bluetooth Guides for some tips and hints. Have a read on this guide:

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):

"Trevor" <tljohnson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What are the steps to access the Web from my laptop which is connected via
> BT to my home desktop and its cable modem? I have the Network Access in XP
> on both
> machines connected, however, I cannot get IE to access the internet.

trevor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.internet.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Thanks, I followed your guide, however, then I lost access to the Internet
from my host (desktop) and had to go back to autoconfig IPs.
Thoughts?

"Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> You have to use the LAP (LAN Access) service or PAN (Personal Area
Network).
> Make sure to configure the DNS servers on the host computer. Have a look
in
> our Bluetooth Guides for some tips and hints. Have a read on this guide:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1285

> Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
> Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp
>

> "Trevor" <tljohnson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > What are the steps to access the Web from my laptop which is connected
via
> > BT to my home desktop and its cable modem? I have the Network Access in
XP
> > on both
> > machines connected, however, I cannot get IE to access the internet.

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.internet.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

Your configuration is probably already using the 192.168.0.1 address
somewhere (in the routers, DSL modem, other NIC). Double-check that!

> Thanks, I followed your guide, however, then I lost access to the Internet
> from my host (desktop) and had to go back to autoconfig IPs.
> Thoughts?
>

> "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> > You have to use the LAP (LAN Access) service or PAN (Personal Area
> Network).
> > Make sure to configure the DNS servers on the host computer. Have a look
> in
> > our Bluetooth Guides for some tips and hints. Have a read on this guide:
> > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=1285
> >
> > --
> > Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
> > Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
> > Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):
> > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?ContentId=2028
> > Handango discount: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp
> >

> > "Trevor" <tljohnson@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > What are the steps to access the Web from my laptop which is connected
> via
> > > BT to my home desktop and its cable modem? I have the Network Access
in
> XP
> > > on both
> > > machines connected, however, I cannot get IE to access the internet.

trevor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth,alt.internet.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

HHmm. I only have two netwroks, my LAN Bluetooth, and my Cable ISP modem.