kdo2milger

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
Can I use the Vantec Iceburg active chipset cooler as a replacement cooler on my northbridge?(Soyo Dragon Ultra platinum).

<font color=red><b>Wealllovedisassemblingthingstoseehowitworks,butwhowantstoputitbacktogetheragain?

kdo2milger

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
Anyone want to comment, I am looking for a replacement fan for my northbridge stock fan, and I heard that the iceburg was a good choice. Anyone else have any experience with vantec setup on northbridge?

<font color=red><b>Wealllovedisassemblingthingstoseehowitworks,butwhowantstoputitbacktogetheragain?

kdo2milger

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
AANNNYYYOONNNEEE??????? I really want to upgrade the northbridge fan, but I am unsure of risks involved with replacing stock fan with the vantec iceburg cooler...

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Jesus, man.

If the thing fits, use it!

Just use some good arctic silver epoxy, or mix regular arctic silver with some superglue, and lock it down.

At that rate, there's a good chance you don't even need a fan...

P4's @ 3600Mhz ()wNz J00 4LL!!!!!!

kdo2milger

Distinguished
May 26, 2002
Just wanted to here from the pros, I'd hate to fry my MB over a nb fan, I do overclock so I think it's important to have a good cooling solution for this.

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
I did that with the copper one, but I found that my mobo doesnt have a flat northbridge chip and I am in the market for a new one....

tried the thing with artic silver and all, but mine uses pins to hold it down.

Not to mention I have a different board (Abit kg7)

Good luck, hope you get better results than me!

You dont have an <b>ANY</b> key? Your keyboard must not be Windows XP certified...