.tmp files are autogenerated..

Can anyone please tell me that why whenever I log on to
the internet, some .tmp files(0kb size)like "fffe4025_
{92222E13-EC53-4F22-B044-A3652FDCF454}.tmp" are
autogenerated in my windows folder??? In this way
these .tmp files are forming a huge garbage in my system
everytime I connect to the net..
Is there any remedy to prevent this autogeneration of
these .tmp files parmanently??
please help,
Regards,
Rahul...

No way to stop it. Unless you want to stay offline.

To clean out Temporary Internet Files.....
1) Start | Run | Type: inetcpl.cpl | OK
Or right click the Internet Explorer icon on your Desktop.
Or: Start | Settings | Control Panel | Internet Options.
Best to do this with all instances of Internet Explorer closed. Especially
if there are a large number of files.
2) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Delete Files
3) Check the box ? Delete all offline content {This cleans >> C:\Documents
and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files AND
C:\Documents and Settings\YourNameHere\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5
4) Click on OK and wait for the hourglass icon to stop after it deletes the
temporary internet files
5) You can now click on Delete Cookies and click OK to delete cookies that
websites have placed on your hard drive.

To clear the Internet History in IE:
1) Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools
2) Click on Internet Options
3) On the General Tab, in the middle of the screen, click on Clear History
4) Click OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:6cb201c4759d$ee5b69a0$a501280a@phx.gbl,
RAHUL GHOSH <rahul_deb2002@hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Can anyone please tell me that why whenever I log on to
> the internet, some .tmp files(0kb size)like "fffe4025_
> {92222E13-EC53-4F22-B044-A3652FDCF454}.tmp" are
> autogenerated in my windows folder??? In this way
> these .tmp files are forming a huge garbage in my system
> everytime I connect to the net..
> Is there any remedy to prevent this autogeneration of
> these .tmp files parmanently??
> please help,
> Regards,
> Rahul...

In the Windows folder ??
C:\WINDOWS ??

Start | Run | Type: cmd | OK |
When the window pops up | Type:

set T

Hit the Enter key

What do these show??
TEMP=
TMP=

That is where your temp files should show up.

--

"RAHUL GHOSH" <rahul_deb2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone please tell me that why whenever I log on to
> the internet, some .tmp files(0kb size)like "fffe4025_
> {92222E13-EC53-4F22-B044-A3652FDCF454}.tmp" are
> autogenerated in my windows folder??? In this way
> these .tmp files are forming a huge garbage in my system
> everytime I connect to the net..
> Is there any remedy to prevent this autogeneration of
> these .tmp files parmanently??
> please help,
> Regards,
> Rahul...

If you are using Office 2000 {and perhaps Office XP}, you may get some help
by reading:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;221438

The KB is an old one written for Windows 95 and 98, but it may give you some
insight. There were a lot of posts a few years ago about mdm.exe creating
the type of problem you post. Not seen any recently. If you think mdm.exe
may be the cause of your problem, I would post to an Office newsgroup {such
as microsoft.public.office.misc } for guidance more current than the KB.

Don

TRENDING THREADS