Jim

I tried to set up sharing at my house not with the simple
file sharing and I gave permissions under the shared tab
to the admin and to a limited user called Temp on my
computer. When I tried to access to shared folder from
another computer, which has none of the same unames and
p.w.'s, an error came up saying the "folder is not
accessible. check with admin for permissions" , then when
I added everyone to the permission, the other computer
could then get into the folder without having to login
with a uname and pw. Why is a uname and p.w. not
prompting the other computer at any time?

Visit this site:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/support/troubleshoot_index.htm

Scroll through the index and read these articles:

Q&A - File Sharing with Windows XP Home Edition

Q&A - Sharing a Printer Across the Network

steve