  • My Documents
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 29, 2004 6:49:21 PM

Have lost the ability to see the typical XP (h) window, i.e. when I open MY DOCUMENTS I see the display of the contents BUT I DO NOT SEE the area that should be on the left hand side of the screen that displays options that can be selected to work with the documents in the folder (such as Make a new folder, Publish this folder to he Web, Share the folder. Also n the left side is a section called "Other Places.

Same thing happens when I click on MY PICTURES. NO LEFT HAND OPTION AREA APPEARS. Files do appear however.

How do I get this LEFT HAND portion of the window back ?
--
Gene B

More about : lost typical home window

Anonymous
July 29, 2004 9:59:24 PM

Open "My Documents" and click Tools -- Folder Option

Select the radio button "Show common tasks in Folders"

See if that works...

--
Best of luck!

Michael D. Alligood
MCSA, MCP, CCNA, A+,
Network+, i-Net+, CIW A, CIW CI

"Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have lost the ability to see the typical XP (h) window, i.e. when I open
MY DOCUMENTS I see the display of the contents BUT I DO NOT SEE the area
that should be on the left hand side of the screen that displays options
that can be selected to work with the documents in the folder (such as Make
a new folder, Publish this folder to he Web, Share the folder. Also n the
left side is a section called "Other Places.

> Same thing happens when I click on MY PICTURES. NO LEFT HAND OPTION AREA
APPEARS. Files do appear however.

> How do I get this LEFT HAND portion of the window back ?
> --
> Gene B
July 29, 2004 9:59:25 PM

Michael:

Thank you very much. Your suggestion did exactly what I was looking for !!!
--
Gene B

"Michael D. Alligood" wrote:

> Open "My Documents" and click Tools -- Folder Option
>
> Select the radio button "Show common tasks in Folders"
>
> See if that works...
>
> --
> Best of luck!
>
> Michael D. Alligood
> MCSA, MCP, CCNA, A+,
> Network+, i-Net+, CIW A, CIW CI
>

> "Gene" <Gene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Have lost the ability to see the typical XP (h) window, i.e. when I open
> MY DOCUMENTS I see the display of the contents BUT I DO NOT SEE the area
> that should be on the left hand side of the screen that displays options
> that can be selected to work with the documents in the folder (such as Make
> a new folder, Publish this folder to he Web, Share the folder. Also n the
> left side is a section called "Other Places.
> >
> > Same thing happens when I click on MY PICTURES. NO LEFT HAND OPTION AREA
> APPEARS. Files do appear however.
> >
> > How do I get this LEFT HAND portion of the window back ?
> > --
> > Gene B

Anonymous
July 29, 2004 11:45:36 PM