recommend a good case for LG 4400

BobR

Don't think a holster would work.
My old phone has a strong spring (quick release)
that you can put on your belt or shirt pocket or pants pocket
and never have a fear of it comming off.This is what I would like to
have for the 4400. tia
Bob

I guess this isn't what you are describing, but I LOVE the leather case from
Verizon.

Good luck!

"bobr" <rbob2@email.com> wrote in message
> Don't think a holster would work.
> My old phone has a strong spring (quick release)
> that you can put on your belt or shirt pocket or pants pocket
> and never have a fear of it comming off.This is what I would like to
> have for the 4400. tia
> Bob

On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:50:14 GMT, "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com>
chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
everything:

>"bobr" <rbob2@email.com> wrote in message
>> Don't think a holster would work.
>> My old phone has a strong spring (quick release)
>> that you can put on your belt or shirt pocket or pants pocket
>> and never have a fear of it comming off.This is what I would like to
>> have for the 4400. tia

>I guess this isn't what you are describing, but I LOVE the leather case from
>Verizon.

If you're talking about the Verizon case with the swivel clip, the problem
with it, and it's a biggie, is that the phone likes to turn around upside
down and then flip open, which A: wastes battery lighting up the screen for
however long you have it set to; B: looks stupid; and C: greatly increases
the chances of it getting damaged. The little bumps that are apparently
supposed to keep it stable do nothing more than make noise, *when you're
listening for it*; when you're not, you'll never hear it as a clue that the
phone has just turned around.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"Today's beauty ideal, strictly enforced by the media, is a person with the
same level of body fat as a paper clip." - Dave Barry

I'll give you all that :).

"David S" <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:50:14 GMT, "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com>
> chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
> everything:
>
> >"bobr" <rbob2@email.com> wrote in message
> >> Don't think a holster would work.
> >> My old phone has a strong spring (quick release)
> >> that you can put on your belt or shirt pocket or pants pocket
> >> and never have a fear of it comming off.This is what I would like to
> >> have for the 4400. tia
>
> >I guess this isn't what you are describing, but I LOVE the leather case
from
> >Verizon.
>
> If you're talking about the Verizon case with the swivel clip, the problem
> with it, and it's a biggie, is that the phone likes to turn around upside
> down and then flip open, which A: wastes battery lighting up the screen
for
> however long you have it set to; B: looks stupid; and C: greatly
increases
> the chances of it getting damaged. The little bumps that are apparently
> supposed to keep it stable do nothing more than make noise, *when you're
> listening for it*; when you're not, you'll never hear it as a clue that
the
> phone has just turned around.
>
> --
> David Streeter, "an internet god" -- Dave Barry
> http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
> Remove the naughty bit from my address to reply
> Expect a train on ANY track at ANY time.
> "Today's beauty ideal, strictly enforced by the media, is a person with
the
> same level of body fat as a paper clip." - Dave Barry

David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote in message news:<4gm5a0pflomku1j68rlg9tssln3jeti32i@4ax.com>...
> On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:50:14 GMT, "Janie Collins" <jjcollins@triad.rr.com>
> chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
> everything:
>
> >"bobr" <rbob2@email.com> wrote in message
> >> Don't think a holster would work.
> >> My old phone has a strong spring (quick release)
> >> that you can put on your belt or shirt pocket or pants pocket
> >> and never have a fear of it comming off.This is what I would like to
> >> have for the 4400. tia
>
> >I guess this isn't what you are describing, but I LOVE the leather case from
> >Verizon.
>
> If you're talking about the Verizon case with the swivel clip, the problem
> with it, and it's a biggie, is that the phone likes to turn around upside
> down and then flip open, which A: wastes battery lighting up the screen for
> however long you have it set to; B: looks stupid; and C: greatly increases
> the chances of it getting damaged.

Yeah Verizon cases have had this problem. Apparently no one in the
production stage managed to put a real phone into the prototype and
move the center of gravity far enough below the swivel to keep the
phone upright.
Sometimes I just want to find the responsible, or the irresponsible
party, in the manufacturing chain and spank em!

Not sure if it will fit...
My current, favorite generic holster is a medium size "Rugged Case",
simply because every other swivel or clip has broken, smashed or come
apart. The Rugged one is an overbuilt stainless steel set up. It won't
break. Although I did find it upside down the other day, the center of
gravity is still ok. Needs a little more moding to be perfect, (stay
on my belt, no matter what I'm doing) including a threaded bolt/nut,
above the swivel, to keep it from "popping out" of the retaining clip
when squatting. Combine that with a belt loop or a couple of pieces of
double sided mirror tape inside the stainless clip. Clip will slide
off the belt too, during rough use.
Man, do I hate cheap clips and cases or losing my phone as the result
of a case failure...grrrr!

There's also another outfit making super sturdy cases..forget the
name.

-----
David

TRENDING THREADS