Saving Pictures from Web

When I save a picture to my documents off of a web page I
am given two options. Either an Art File or Bitmap file.
When I go to open that picture file later it will not let
me open it and has no preview.

How do I save the JPEG picture as a JPEG?

Thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about saving pictures

    message news:6d3201c475bf$c098a8d0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    | When I save a picture to my documents off of a web page I
    | am given two options. Either an Art File or Bitmap file.
    | When I go to open that picture file later it will not let
    | me open it and has no preview.
    |
    | How do I save the JPEG picture as a JPEG?
    |
    | Thank you

    As for the error message, if you are receiving any of the
    following error messages, then AOL may be the problem:

    No preview available
    File format is not supported
    File is corrupted

    The resolution is to turn off the option to compress graphics in
    AOL. For more information see the following Microsoft Knowledge
    Base article:

    KB326675 - "No Preview Available" and "File Format Is Not
    Supported" Error Messages Occur When You Try to View
    Graphic Files
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;326675

    As for not having the option to save as a JPEG picture, empty the
    contents of your Temporary Internet Files folder. For more
    information see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

    KB810978 - Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?Product=winxp&scid=kb;en-us;810978

    Gary Terrell wrote:

    > When I save a picture to my documents off of a web page I
    > am given two options. Either an Art File or Bitmap file.
    > When I go to open that picture file later it will not let
    > me open it and has no preview.

    Possibly all you have to do is clean out your Temporary Internet File
    Folder.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    as" option. A window will pop up and you will be able to
    choose the destination folder and the name of the file.
    When you name the file, give it a .jpg ending, ex.:
    america.jpg. Sometimes when images are saved, they will
    look like you saved a system file or whatnot but you
    won't see an actual thumbnail. All you have to do is
    rename it with a .jpg ending. I think this will work
    with a .gif ending as well.

    The easiest way I found to make pictures into JPEGs, is to open the picture up in Paint (in your accessories), and click "save as", and save it as a JPEG. takes a minute, and you dont have to worry about it anymore.

    "Gary Terrell" wrote:

    > When I save a picture to my documents off of a web page I
    > am given two options. Either an Art File or Bitmap file.
    > When I go to open that picture file later it will not let
    > me open it and has no preview.
    >
    > How do I save the JPEG picture as a JPEG?
    >
    > Thank you

My Documents Microsoft Windows XP