administrator

how do you get rid of administrator on XP? Everytime i try to open a program on XP a pop up comes in and says to go to admistrator and open it from there but i don't want to use administrator so how do i get rid of administrator?
6 answers Last reply
More about administrator

    why not make yourself an administrator???
    log on as the administrator and change your account to an administrator account
    peter
    "keith ivie" <keith_campbell.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > how do you get rid of administrator on XP? Everytime i try to open a program
    on XP a pop up comes in and says to go to admistrator and open it from there but
    i don't want to use administrator so how do i get rid of administrator?

    There has to be a least one account that is an administrator account. If
    you are the only user of the computer, and yours is the only account, then,
    you should have admin. rights. However, if there are more than one
    accounts, and yours is designated a 'limited' account, you then, do not have
    admin. rights, and only those with admin. rights may assign those rights to
    other user accounts.
    "peter" <peter@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
    > why not make yourself an administrator???
    > log on as the administrator and change your account to an administrator
    account
    > peter
    > "keith ivie" <keith_campbell.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > how do you get rid of administrator on XP? Everytime i try to open a
    program
    > on XP a pop up comes in and says to go to admistrator and open it from
    there but
    > i don't want to use administrator so how do i get rid of administrator?

    choose the 'Run As Dialog Opens When Double Clicking a
    Shortcut" option, download the zip file and run it. Some
    of his files are .vbs files which antivirus software will
    flag as a virus file (they are not actual viruses)so you
    may want to disable your antivirus software when
    executing his files. Doug Knox writes articles on
    Microsoft's website and is referred by Microsoft on MS'
    website so you can pretty well trust his files.

    Troll,
    Like, I'M not a landshark! Really. I'm a Dophin.
    Open up and let me in, pretty, pretty, please.

    SJ

    "keith ivie" wrote:

    > how do you get rid of administrator on XP? Everytime i try to open a program on XP a pop up comes in and says to go to admistrator and open it from there but i don't want to use administrator so how do i get rid of administrator?

    I have an "Administrator" on my PC, and have the same problem. Glad you mentioned it! Now I will try to fix mine too. My PC was purchased from a guy who builds computers. I questioned why the software was licensed to the Administrator and was told it was easier than filling out the info request forms. Turns out the guy is a crook, who cannot be located. Everyone, please beware. Some of people who build PC's are crooks. Be sure that they register everything to you, the owner.
    anniej

    "keith ivie" wrote:

    > how do you get rid of administrator on XP? Everytime i try to open a program on XP a pop up comes in and says to go to admistrator and open it from there but i don't want to use administrator so how do i get rid of administrator?

Microsoft Windows XP