Local user logon script does not run

July 29, 2004 10:42:37 PM

George ! Thank you. My computer is not connected to any
network or server or to any domain. From your
clarification, I understand that the login script can be
run only if my computer is in a domain part of a network.
Am i correct ? Help me then, what is the difference
between this login script and the one we may have (
logon/logoff scripts under 'windows settings' of 'user
configuration') in the 'local computer policy'
under 'group policy' dialog .

sms
July 30, 2004 4:43:27 PM

sms,

I may have mislead you.
Here's what I just tried myself:
created a folder called c:\logonscripts
chared that folder using the sharename NETLOGON
put a logon.cmd in there and referred to it in the profile.
ran just fine.
try it

"sms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> George ! Thank you. My computer is not connected to any
> network or server or to any domain. From your
> clarification, I understand that the login script can be
> run only if my computer is in a domain part of a network.
> Am i correct ? Help me then, what is the difference
> between this login script and the one we may have (
> logon/logoff scripts under 'windows settings' of 'user
> configuration') in the 'local computer policy'
> under 'group policy' dialog .
>
> sms
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 2:46:23 PM

George ! I did what you have advised me to do. Still i am
not able to run script. Help me in locating the problem.
sms
!