Local user logon script does not run

George ! Thank you. My computer is not connected to any
network or server or to any domain. From your
clarification, I understand that the login script can be
run only if my computer is in a domain part of a network.
Am i correct ? Help me then, what is the difference
between this login script and the one we may have (
logon/logoff scripts under 'windows settings' of 'user
configuration') in the 'local computer policy'
under 'group policy' dialog .

sms
2 answers Last reply
More about local user logon script

    sms,

    I may have mislead you.
    Here's what I just tried myself:
    created a folder called c:\logonscripts
    chared that folder using the sharename NETLOGON
    put a logon.cmd in there and referred to it in the profile.
    ran just fine.
    try it

    "sms" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > George ! Thank you. My computer is not connected to any
    > network or server or to any domain. From your
    > clarification, I understand that the login script can be
    > run only if my computer is in a domain part of a network.
    > Am i correct ? Help me then, what is the difference
    > between this login script and the one we may have (
    > logon/logoff scripts under 'windows settings' of 'user
    > configuration') in the 'local computer policy'
    > under 'group policy' dialog .
    >
    > sms

    George ! I did what you have advised me to do. Still i am
    not able to run script. Help me in locating the problem.
    sms

Domain Computers Windows XP