Startup Issues.

First off, I'm using XP Pro. I reloaded windows today and now it wont login to my username on startup. Before i had to reload windows it would go straight to my desktop upon startup. Also after sitting idle for a while it will automatically logff. My question is how do I get it to logon at startup and stay logged on? It was just that way everytime I have ever loaded ANY version ofwindows onto ANY computer.
2 answers Last reply
More about startup issues

    Start/Run
    Type "control userpasswords2" ENTER
    Uncheck "Users must enter..."
    Click OK and follow prompts.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "spdfreak34@hotmail.com"
    <spdfreak34@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > First off, I'm using XP Pro. I reloaded windows today and now it
    wont login to my username on startup. Before i had to reload windows
    it would go straight to my desktop upon startup. Also after sitting
    idle for a while it will automatically logff. My question is how do I
    get it to logon at startup and stay logged on? It was just that way
    everytime I have ever loaded ANY version ofwindows onto ANY computer.

    Additionally, right click the Desktop, select Properties, Screen Saver and uncheck On resume................

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "spdfreak34@hotmail.com" <spdfreak34@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A588286B-FD8D-496A-9AB1-53CAE8039BED@microsoft.com...
    > First off, I'm using XP Pro. I reloaded windows today and now it wont login to my username on startup. Before i had to reload windows it would go straight to my desktop upon startup. Also after sitting idle for a while it will automatically logff. My question is how do I get it to logon at startup and stay logged on? It was just that way everytime I have ever loaded ANY version ofwindows onto ANY computer.

Microsoft Windows XP