Startup Issues.

July 30, 2004 1:31:01 AM

First off, I'm using XP Pro. I reloaded windows today and now it wont login to my username on startup. Before i had to reload windows it would go straight to my desktop upon startup. Also after sitting idle for a while it will automatically logff. My question is how do I get it to logon at startup and stay logged on? It was just that way everytime I have ever loaded ANY version ofwindows onto ANY computer.

More about : startup issues

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 2:59:11 AM

Start/Run
Type "control userpasswords2" ENTER
Uncheck "Users must enter..."
Click OK and follow prompts.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"spdfreak34@hotmail.com"
<spdfreak34@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> First off, I'm using XP Pro. I reloaded windows today and now it
wont login to my username on startup. Before i had to reload windows
it would go straight to my desktop upon startup. Also after sitting
idle for a while it will automatically logff. My question is how do I
get it to logon at startup and stay logged on? It was just that way
everytime I have ever loaded ANY version ofwindows onto ANY computer.
Anonymous
July 30, 2004 5:49:12 AM

Additionally, right click the Desktop, select Properties, Screen Saver and uncheck On resume................

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

!