User Accouts and local profiles

I am using WindowsXP on a Dell Latitude Laptop and have
tried to set up a user account on same. On checking that
the user can access the laptop files etc I ahve tried to
enter using their newly set up details. Their profile in
all the checks I have done is exactly the same as mine
which works with no problems. However when using the new
user login access to files brings up a Windows Installer
message which then looks for the installationCD and on
putting the CD into the machine it then can't find the
file which is descibed as PRORET.msi. I'm now at the
stage where I have tried so many options even down to re-
installing the XP software that I am nearing the position
where I am going to have to re-instal the laptop back to
its factory settings and start afresh. Can anyone help
urgently to shortcut this potential disaster.

David

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001