star-up erroe in win XP

Dear Newgroup,
I have this Windows XP PC in my office which give this
error line on start-up.

"Instruction at "0x5142dfb4" referenced memory
at "0x5142dfb4". The memory could not be read"

As soon as I restart the PC it works fine but the same
happens when it is restarted the next day.
Could you guide me out on this.
1 answer Last reply
More about star erroe

    "minhha nguyen" <minhha@whes.com> wrote:

    >I have this Windows XP PC in my office which give this
    >error line on start-up.
    >
    >"Instruction at "0x5142dfb4" referenced memory
    >at "0x5142dfb4". The memory could not be read"

    Check your startup settings to find out what is causing this.
    Applications that start with Windows can be found here:
    - the WIN.INI, section [windows], entries "run=" and "load="
    - the Registry keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    - the folders
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL USERS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\{username}\START MENU\PROGRAMS\STARTUP
    See also "How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows
    XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
    Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353).

    --
    (tm)