QUestion about quests

OK, so I decided to try a skelimancer last night. Who-boy, is this the
build for the lazy player..

So I made the character (mcb_necr) and off I went. Rescued Cain, and
decided to call it a night.

This morning, I burnt in a game with my mule, and loaded my skellimancer,
and came across a problem. I went to kill the countess, and managed that no
problem. Did the quest for the Blacksmith, and no problem.

However, the next quest that is up is the jail one, and that one is given
out by Cain. However, my mule hadn't done that one yet. If I want to get
that quest, is it just a matter of going to the location and doing it, or
do I have to go and rescue Cain first. And for that, how far back in the
quests do I have to go. When I couldn't get the quest, I went to the tree,
and clicked on it. Nothing fell out of the tree...

In article <Xns95E6871E38B16mbeausympaticoca@130.133.1.4>,
Marcel Beaudoin <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>OK, so I decided to try a skelimancer last night. Who-boy, is this the
>build for the lazy player..
>
>So I made the character (mcb_necr) and off I went. Rescued Cain, and
>decided to call it a night.
>
>This morning, I burnt in a game with my mule, and loaded my skellimancer,
>and came across a problem. I went to kill the countess, and managed that no
>problem. Did the quest for the Blacksmith, and no problem.

I don't understand this part of your standard 'Diablo 2 gaming
procedure': why do you 'burn in' a game with your mule, and then enter it
with your play-character?

When I'm levelling a character, I just create a game with _that_
character, and start doing the quests.

When I was still muling using 'burnt-in' games, I certainly did not try
to mix the two: if the play-character was full (too many gems/runes/nice
uniques in the stash), I'd quit questing, after reaching a neat
'breakpoint' (complete a quest, get a waypoint), and then start a whole
new muling session....

This avoids any problems with quest-mixups, etc.

So what exactly are you tring to do: mule off the found stuff of your
skelliemancier _before_ you start playing him?

Regards,

Patrick.

Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in

> I don't understand this part of your standard 'Diablo 2 gaming
> procedure': why do you 'burn in' a game with your mule, and then enter
> it with your play-character?

Well, it was in the hopes of running across one of the agd regulars who
play on bnet.

OOOPS, I realize the confusion, if I say that it was an adg game, does that
make it any clearer??

Marcel

In article <Xns95E68B3802A4Fmbeausympaticoca@130.133.1.4>,
Marcel Beaudoin <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
>
>> I don't understand this part of your standard 'Diablo 2 gaming
>> procedure': why do you 'burn in' a game with your mule, and then enter
>> it with your play-character?
>
>Well, it was in the hopes of running across one of the agd regulars who
>play on bnet.
>
>OOOPS, I realize the confusion, if I say that it was an adg game, does that
>make it any clearer??

Err, no, I'd still just create the agd/... game using my play-character,
and start doing the quests. Then I'd see if anyone would pop in...?

Patrick.

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:45:49 +0000 (UTC), Patrick Vervoorn
<patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:

>In article <Xns95E68B3802A4Fmbeausympaticoca@130.133.1.4>,
>Marcel Beaudoin <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>>Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
>>
>>> I don't understand this part of your standard 'Diablo 2 gaming
>>> procedure': why do you 'burn in' a game with your mule, and then enter
>>> it with your play-character?
>>
>>Well, it was in the hopes of running across one of the agd regulars who
>>play on bnet.
>>
>>OOOPS, I realize the confusion, if I say that it was an adg game, does that
>>make it any clearer??
>
>Err, no, I'd still just create the agd/... game using my play-character,
>and start doing the quests. Then I'd see if anyone would pop in...?
>
>Patrick.

Actually, it's much more polite to start the AGD game with a
non-playing mule, as then no one runs into the problem of not being
able to do quests, unless they've actually been done in *that* game.

To answer the original question here, instead of in a separate post,
you don't need to talk to Cain, just go ahead and do the quest and you
will get it (that's Andy herself, isn't it?). It's like if you go into
the Den before talking to Akara, the quest will automatically pop up.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16

In article <4tc5v0tjejajjqjkl4aachf2lil7d31f2f@4ax.com>,
ald <adoniger@verizon.net> wrote:
>On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:45:49 +0000 (UTC), Patrick Vervoorn
><patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote:
>
>>In article <Xns95E68B3802A4Fmbeausympaticoca@130.133.1.4>,
>>Marcel Beaudoin <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>>>Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in

>>>Well, it was in the hopes of running across one of the agd regulars who
>>>play on bnet.
>>>
>>>OOOPS, I realize the confusion, if I say that it was an adg game, does that
>>>make it any clearer??
>>
>>Err, no, I'd still just create the agd/... game using my play-character,
>>and start doing the quests. Then I'd see if anyone would pop in...?
>>
>>Patrick.
>
>Actually, it's much more polite to start the AGD game with a
>non-playing mule, as then no one runs into the problem of not being
>able to do quests, unless they've actually been done in *that* game.

Ah! *pling* (Sound of coin.) Now I get it. Yes, much more polite, I
agree. :) Now I also understand what the OP was trying to do, and why the
game needed to be burnt in for his other char to enter. I play Diablo 2
much too infrequent (read: never) with other people, and certainly
usually not questing...

>To answer the original question here, instead of in a separate post,
>you don't need to talk to Cain, just go ahead and do the quest and you
>will get it (that's Andy herself, isn't it?). It's like if you go into
>the Den before talking to Akara, the quest will automatically pop up.

Sound advice. Any character can finish the Andariel quests, as long as it
is in the right place at the right moment: near Andariel when the
character, or a party member, kills her.

Regards,

Patrick.