Top Games you play and want to play thread

troy88

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
hey guys i thought it would be cool to make a thread about the top games you play and want to play. on the games you play would you give your opinion of them? and for the games you want to play tell why your excited for them. this could be alot of fun, i hope you guys dont hestitate to jump in ; ).

the games i play...

Medieval 2 total war- the best stratagy game i ever played, i love the real time battles of thousands of men killing each other of siegeing a castle, makes you feel like your there. 9/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUWhL7Lqvao

FEAR- hands down the best Shooter i have ever played great story and even better game play, reflexes whoop ass! those who played it know what im talking about. ; ) 10/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf6-Qh4lQoA

Games i want to play...

Hellgate London- MMORPG, RPG, shooter, and a similar system to Diablo with KICK A$$ graphics!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ID0i7_N0g&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K7h5d8DNRw&mode=related&search=

Supreme Commander- ive heard great things about it, and i got a quad-core and 3 gigs of ram so i hope i will get good fames from it, and everybody know almost nothing beats a good RTS look at star craft and Age of empire II they still kick A$$!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHothxZQoWo

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I just started playing WoW 2 weeks ago, got a lvl 31 tauren druid, so turning into a mindless zombie pretty soon. Also still playing battlefield 2, great fun, stopped playing every other game I got, (c&c3, supcom, oblivion, etc).

Crysis, Quake Wars, and Unreal Tournament 3 (which I've been waiting for), GET OUT THE WAY BECAUSE STARCRAFT 2 IS COMING!

I've been waiting for years, and soon, I will know the truth about that blasted Duran!

I'll be looking forward to april 2008 (10 years since original sc release I think :) )

trinitron64

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shadow of Chernobyl is the best... the game scares the crap out of me!

I have yet to finish it because I need so many breaks... I tend to play at night... and this is the time of game that just... goosebumps!

Just Cause - 2nd place

Also kicks ass... massive game and its all about creating havoc!

Ananan

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
I really regret missing the boat on Rise of Nations.

Just happened to pick up an old gaming mag and it had the Rise of Nations review in it. I have to get that game somehow.

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
I really regret missing the boat on Rise of Nations.

Just happened to pick up an old gaming mag and it had the Rise of Nations review in it. I have to get that game somehow.

It's pretty good.

Can customize options with scripts.

About $30 for both now.

I remember seeing it on a computer at compusa and I too felt I must get the game. Although, it was maxed out on the display computer... If you have xfire we can talk some more about it.

Games I play most are BF2, and mods for it. That's pretty much it. I play a lot of other games sometimes, I would play FEAR but I keep getting invalid game assets error, so I haven't been able to play for a year or so, can't wait to upgrade!

Check my xfire profile.

GrandAdmiralThrawn

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
Medieval 2 total war- the best stratagy game i ever played, i love the real time battles of thousands of men killing each other of siegeing a castle, makes you feel like your there.

I totaly agree Medieval 2 is an awsome game, I've loved the total war series since shogun. I like how these games really reward the use of good tactics and stratagy instead of simple tank rush attacks.

I'm looking forward to the Medieval 2 expansion, crisis and force unleshed (too bad its not PC :( oh well thats why I bought the 360, for the good games that are not on PC)

PCAnalyst

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
Nothing but adrenaline for me thanks... started with Quake then went to Unreal Tournament and never looked back.

Currently play Unreal Tournament, Unreal Tournament 2004, and BF2142- while I wait for UT III of course.

Its all about the speed... I found no other game to deliver the available speed that you get from a Low grav Instagib CTF match in Unreal... its a certainty that your body temp will raise 3 to 4 degrees once you have been playing 5 to 10 minutes of it.

UT III is the most anticipated game I have had to wait for... going on 2 years late from original promised release date... and after looking through every tidbit of video and screenshots, and interviews - I am sure the game will be the Ultimate Shooter (Non Console Style of course) - Gawd I can't stand those damn things!

So even though its slow and monotonous I play Battlefield to occupy my time... it has some good points to it.

vanedor

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
This year I'm a bit disapointed by the games on the market at the moment.

There is Stalker that is pretty interesting and original as far as shooters go but the game crashes too often and while they released a patch, your old save games arent compatible.

There is also Supreme Commander but my machine is not quite good enough to run it confortably.

Medieval 2 felt much like been there, done that. I still prefer playing Rome:TW(with the RTR mod, not stock). Nations feel more unique, don't have to deal with that annoying pope or nobility who always give «quests».

The two big games I have been waiting for eagerly ended up somewhat disapointing : Neverwinter Night 2 and Gothic 3. Not awful games but not game I would keep playing for months.

pous

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
Games I play currently:
WoW (No Expansion)
WC3 (+ Expansion)
SC (+ Expansion)
Diablo 2 (+ Expansion)
Titan Quest (+ Expansion)
Battle for Middle Earth (First One.. need new computer to play the new one)
Step Mania (Like DDR but on computer)
Fate
Arena
Daggerfall
Morrowind

I think that's it for PC games that I currently play, I play a lot of PS2, GC and GBA as well.

Games I'd like to play for computer are:
Oblivion
SC2 (When it's released)
Battle for Middle Earth 2
The new C&C game
Fallout 3 (Whenever it comes out)
Fallout 1 & 2 (If I could find my disks)
Halo 1 & 2
Half Life 2
CS:Source (I like the graphics mostly, but it's pretty fun)
Doom 3 (Just to try.. I'd probably last 5 minutes before getting terrified)
Swat 4 (Used to have it, enjoyed it, lost the disks)

Anyway... I just realized this was "top games"... so I'll narrow it down:

Top game I'm currently playing = Titan Quest (With expansion)
Top game I'd like to play = Oblivion (for a released title) and SC2 (for upcoming title)