Picture download.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Up until recently when I wanted to dload a picture to my
hard drive I just used to point on the picture and I
would get an optin of enlarging it by an icon in the
bottom right corner if the pic and an icon in the top
right pprompting me to save. These were always in jpeg
format but now I don't get either logos and have to right
click on the picture and can only save in bitmap format.
I'm using Xp. Hope this makes sense.

Any ideas?

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7b0d01c47701$44f1dab0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> Up until recently when I wanted to dload a picture to my
> hard drive I just used to point on the picture and I
> would get an optin of enlarging it by an icon in the
> bottom right corner if the pic and an icon in the top
> right pprompting me to save. These were always in jpeg
> format but now I don't get either logos and have to right
> click on the picture and can only save in bitmap format.
> I'm using Xp. Hope this makes sense.
>
> Any ideas?

Control Panel, Internet Options, under the Gneral tab, click the "Delete files" button, then also check the box on the following prompt, "Delete all offline content", and click OK on the way out. See if this helps.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Can't get it to work. When I do as you said the computer
sort of freezes any other ideas?

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:06:37 -0700, Dave wrote:

> [...]

If you have a very full cache, the computer might appear to freeze when
deleting those files. Give it a few moments to see if it can complete.

NOTE: If the original file was posted a *.bmp file, that will be the only
save option. However, a full cache is one of the primary reasons for seeing
bitmap as the only option for saving web images.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User