Any Windows/Dos Scriptors?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I have a folder with upwards of a 1000 files - i update 30-40 of these daily
& keep them on ftp folder at home and in a local folder at work - i dont
want to back up the whole lot every day & i have trouble remembering which
ones i've changed

I need a script to synchronise a local folder with an ftp folder

It should search both folders and compare files & sub folders - where a file
(or folder) has different last update stamp, copy later version over the
earlier version

Ideally delete any files/folder not common to both

I'm not a scriptor but if you are, you may already have such a thing - if
not, if you can point me towards some links i'll have a go myself & i'll
share my results

thanx

gerry

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I am using "Second Copy" it does exactely what you are trying to do.
Check-out:
http://www.centered.com/index.html
Hope that helps you,
Gerry

"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> I have a folder with upwards of a 1000 files - i update 30-40 of these
daily
> & keep them on ftp folder at home and in a local folder at work - i dont
> want to back up the whole lot every day & i have trouble remembering which
> ones i've changed
>
> I need a script to synchronise a local folder with an ftp folder
>
> It should search both folders and compare files & sub folders - where a
file
> (or folder) has different last update stamp, copy later version over the
> earlier version
>
> Ideally delete any files/folder not common to both
>
> I'm not a scriptor but if you are, you may already have such a thing - if
> not, if you can point me towards some links i'll have a go myself & i'll
> share my results
>
> thanx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Check out the program robocopy, part of the Windows Server 2003 Resource
Kit, available free for download from Microsoft.

Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.

rms

JethroUK© wrote:
> I have a folder with upwards of a 1000 files - i update 30-40 of these daily
> & keep them on ftp folder at home and in a local folder at work - i dont
> want to back up the whole lot every day & i have trouble remembering which
> ones i've changed
>
> I need a script to synchronise a local folder with an ftp folder
>
> It should search both folders and compare files & sub folders - where a file
> (or folder) has different last update stamp, copy later version over the
> earlier version
>
> Ideally delete any files/folder not common to both
>
> I'm not a scriptor but if you are, you may already have such a thing - if
> not, if you can point me towards some links i'll have a go myself & i'll
> share my results
>
> thanx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

unfortunately i cant install any product on the company machine

thanx anyhow

"Gerry" <gerry6g@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am using "Second Copy" it does exactely what you are trying to do.
> Check-out:
> http://www.centered.com/index.html
> Hope that helps you,
> Gerry
>
> "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> > I have a folder with upwards of a 1000 files - i update 30-40 of these
> daily
> > & keep them on ftp folder at home and in a local folder at work - i dont
> > want to back up the whole lot every day & i have trouble remembering
which
> > ones i've changed
> >
> > I need a script to synchronise a local folder with an ftp folder
> >
> > It should search both folders and compare files & sub folders - where a
> file
> > (or folder) has different last update stamp, copy later version over the
> > earlier version
> >
> > Ideally delete any files/folder not common to both
> >
> > I'm not a scriptor but if you are, you may already have such a thing -
if
> > not, if you can point me towards some links i'll have a go myself & i'll
> > share my results
> >
> > thanx

Robocopy will work if you have SMB access to the ftp folder (or I
guess you could set a net folder for it)...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com