How can I import a program from my old hard drive?

Is it possible to import my thumbPlus program from an old hard drive which I have set as slave to my new master drive? I tried using the file and setting wizard but it says the location does not contain information.
5 answers Last reply
More about import program hard drive

    Sorry....one cannot "import" or transfer a program. It must be
    reinstalled from the original installation media or setup files.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Kenef" <Kenef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

    | Is it possible to import my thumbPlus program from an old hard drive which I have set as slave to my new
    master drive? I tried using the file and setting wizard but it says the location does not contain information.

    Thanks Carey.
    Another way is to retrieve the product key from my email message Outlook mail box/folder in the slave drive. I tried using the Outlook's import and export wizard.
    But I can't locate the mmf files. Please help. How do I import Outlook email folder/messages ?

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Sorry....one cannot "import" or transfer a program. It must be
    > reinstalled from the original installation media or setup files.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    > "Kenef" <Kenef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:
    >
    > | Is it possible to import my thumbPlus program from an old hard drive which I have set as slave to my new
    > master drive? I tried using the file and setting wizard but it says the location does not contain information.

    COA does'nt support Windows XP

    "mikey" wrote:

    > there is a program called COA or COA32 that will move a program and adjust the registry.
    >
    > its either on PCMag downloads or PCWorld downloads, do not remember which.
    >

    > mikeyhsd@bellsouth.net
    >

    > "Kenef" <Kenef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAE738FC-9FCC-4D99-AFB5-A7B8C275B67B@microsoft.com...
    > Is it possible to import my thumbPlus program from an old hard drive which I have set as slave to my new master drive? I tried using the file and setting wizard but it says the location does not contain information.
    >

    > ---

    try this:
    Application Mover from Funduc Software, Inc.

    --
    sharkman

    Kenef wrote:
    > Is it possible to import my thumbPlus program from an old hard drive
    > which I have set as slave to my new master drive? I tried using the
    > file and setting wizard but it says the location does not contain
    > information.

    A quick search of the Internet as a whole revealed this:

    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0%2C4149%2C88432%2C00.asp

    Which states:

    COA2 runs under Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, and
    Windows 2000.

    (Notice - No Windows XP.)

    Also it leads you to:

    Which shows "Platforms: Windows 9x, NT, 2000, or ME"

    But again - no XP.

    None of which surprises me, as the applications is at Version 1.0 - Dated:
    05-08-2001

    So then I modified my search and looked for COA2 and XP. There were reports
    of people having no issues using it with XP, but there were no details
    either. There were some that even suggested other applications like:

    http://www.funduc.com/app_mover.htm

    Considering that COA2 would require someone to search the web and find it
    for download for free or pay PC Magazine $6 to $20 for it.. I'd go with the
    above.

    --
    <- Shenan ->
    --