alton duel motherboards

hammur

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2002
i have an alton v694d duel processor motherboard are they overclockable ive been told no but dont really understand why not. if anyone has any answers or thoughts for me please let me know. this is a cheap board but never had a problem just want to join in the new rage and see if it can be overclocked thank you for any help or thoughts

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Alton boards are made by PC Chips using the crappiest chipsets available, with few to no performance options.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

JONZO2

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
I HAVE THE SAME MOTHERBOARD AND NEVER FOUND A REASON TO OVERCLOCK IT.BUT I AM LOOKING FOR UPDATED DRIVERS FOR IT. :pt1cable: I'M ABOUT TO LOOK FOR AN UPGRADE BECOUSE IV'E BEEN USING THIS ONE FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS NOW.BUT STILL THIS ONE IS A GOOD BACKUP FOR NOW.YOU HAVE TO BE CARFULL OF THE CAPASITERS(DID I SPELL THAT RIGHT?)ANYWAY THEY ARE A LITTLE TEMPERMENTAL AND WILL POP IF OVER POWERED.PROBLY WHY SOMEONE THINKS IT IS A CHEAP BOARD.BUT IT PROTECTS THE REST OF THE COMPONANTS ANDTHEY ARE EASY TO FIX.MAX OUT THE RAM AND USE MATCHED 1 GZ. PROCESSERS AND IT CHUGS RIGHT ALONG LIKE A 1.6 P-4 WITH A LITTLE MORE STABILITY. ;) TOOK A WHILE FOR THE BAD OLE' BOY TO GO OBSOLETE.BUT I THINK WE'RE FINALY THERE.WELL IM'E OFF TO CONTINUE MY SERCH FOR BETTER DRIVERS,SEE YA