Slideshow

When I put a CD in which has just jpgs on it I don't get the option to view
as a slideshow, like I do when I open up a folder with jpgs in. Should I be
getting this option? My friend says that when she inserts a CD with jpgs
she gets the option. It does give me options referring to CD Writing
Tasks.

--
Lynn
Please remove spamtrap if replying via email

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:10:04 +0100, Lynn W wrote:

    > When I put a CD in which has just jpgs on it I don't get the option to view
    > as a slideshow, like I do when I open up a folder with jpgs in. Should I be
    > getting this option? My friend says that when she inserts a CD with jpgs
    > she gets the option. It does give me options referring to CD Writing
    > Tasks.

    Do your jpg files display in the Picture and Fax Viewer? If yes, click the
    slideshow button in the lower tool menu or press F11.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Hi Lynn,

    If you're talking about the AutoPlay Handlers missing SlideShow option, try these commands from Start/Run

    regsvr32 /i shell32
    regsvr32 shimgvw

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "Lynn W" <lynn.williamson@btForeverRedinternet.com> wrote in message news:uxtgcs0dEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    When I put a CD in which has just jpgs on it I don't get the option to view
    as a slideshow, like I do when I open up a folder with jpgs in. Should I be
    getting this option? My friend says that when she inserts a CD with jpgs
    she gets the option. It does give me options referring to CD Writing
    Tasks.

    --
    Lynn
    Please remove spamtrap if replying via email

    Thanks Sharon and Ramesh. What I was querying was that when I open a folder
    of jpgs, in he left hands pane (when folders option isn't selected) you have
    Picture Tasks and the first item is View as a slide show. When I put the CD
    with the jpgs on I don't get that option. Picture tasks is replaced by CD
    writing tasks and gives you the option to 'write these files to disc' even
    though they are on a disc. No Picture tasks option.

    --

    On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:38:02 +0100, Lynn W wrote:

    > Thanks Sharon and Ramesh. What I was querying was that when I open a folder
    > of jpgs, in he left hands pane (when folders option isn't selected) you have
    > Picture Tasks and the first item is View as a slide show. When I put the CD
    > with the jpgs on I don't get that option. Picture tasks is replaced by CD
    > writing tasks and gives you the option to 'write these files to disc' even
    > though they are on a disc. No Picture tasks option.

    Try going to the properties for the cd drive. On the Autoplay page, select
    Pictures as the content type. Then select "view a slideshow..." as the
    action to be performed.

    Before burning a cd, place the images into a folder and customize the
    folder as a picture folder. Then transfer to CD. Using this method the
    pictures in the folder can be viewed via autoplay or via Explorer on a
    folder by folder basis and the picture tasks will be available.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Hi Sharon
    All the pictures that are on the CD are pictures taken from 'picture
    folders' by that I mean that when that folder is opened I get the picture
    options. I did try the 'right-clicking' on CD drive and then selecting
    Pictures play a slideshow using Picture and Fax Viewer, and that worked.
    Just curious as to how I would go about 'customising' a folder as a picture
    folder.

    --

    On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 00:28:38 +0100, Lynn W wrote:

    > Hi Sharon
    > All the pictures that are on the CD are pictures taken from 'picture
    > folders' by that I mean that when that folder is opened I get the picture
    > options. I did try the 'right-clicking' on CD drive and then selecting
    > Pictures play a slideshow using Picture and Fax Viewer, and that worked.
    > Just curious as to how I would go about 'customising' a folder as a picture
    > folder.

    Glad to hear you have slideshow working on CDs now.

    To customize a folder: Create a new folder on your hard drive. Then right
    click on it and select Properties. On the next screen that appears, click
    the Customize tab. Select documents, pictures (a couple of choices in this
    category), music, etc. What you choose as a customization determines which
    "common tasks" pane will appear for the folder.

    The details about the customization are kept in a hidden file named
    "desktop.ini." Whenever you move/copy this folder, you may see a prompt
    asking if this hidden file should be copied as well. Answer yes to the
    prompt to keep the customization attached to the folder.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Thank you Sharon, I have tried making a new folder and then customizing it.
    Can you tell me what the difference is between making it a Photo Album or a
    Pictures folder?

    --

    On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:01:02 +0100, Lynn W wrote:

    > Thank you Sharon, I have tried making a new folder and then customizing it.
    > Can you tell me what the difference is between making it a Photo Album or a
    > Pictures folder?

    The default view in Photo Album is filmstrip. The default in Pictures is
    Thumbnails. Other than that, the two choices are identical. Photo Album is
    usually more appropriate for folders that hold a small number of files.
    Pictures is easier to work with when dealing with a large number of files.
    The difference between "small number" and "large" would be your own comfort
    level.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User