Slideshow

August 1, 2004 3:10:04 AM

When I put a CD in which has just jpgs on it I don't get the option to view
as a slideshow, like I do when I open up a folder with jpgs in. Should I be
getting this option? My friend says that when she inserts a CD with jpgs
she gets the option. It does give me options referring to CD Writing
Tasks.

--
Lynn
Please remove spamtrap if replying via email

More about : slideshow

Anonymous
August 1, 2004 3:10:05 AM

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:10:04 +0100, Lynn W wrote:

> When I put a CD in which has just jpgs on it I don't get the option to view
> as a slideshow, like I do when I open up a folder with jpgs in. Should I be
> getting this option? My friend says that when she inserts a CD with jpgs
> she gets the option. It does give me options referring to CD Writing
> Tasks.

Do your jpg files display in the Picture and Fax Viewer? If yes, click the
slideshow button in the lower tool menu or press F11.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Hi Lynn,

If you're talking about the AutoPlay Handlers missing SlideShow option, try these commands from Start/Run

regsvr32 /i shell32
regsvr32 shimgvw

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...

"Lynn W" <lynn.williamson@btForeverRedinternet.com> wrote in message news:uxtgcs0dEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
When I put a CD in which has just jpgs on it I don't get the option to view
as a slideshow, like I do when I open up a folder with jpgs in. Should I be
getting this option? My friend says that when she inserts a CD with jpgs
she gets the option. It does give me options referring to CD Writing
Tasks.

--
Lynn
Please remove spamtrap if replying via email
August 1, 2004 6:55:37 PM

Thanks Sharon and Ramesh. What I was querying was that when I open a folder
of jpgs, in he left hands pane (when folders option isn't selected) you have
Picture Tasks and the first item is View as a slide show. When I put the CD
with the jpgs on I don't get that option. Picture tasks is replaced by CD
writing tasks and gives you the option to 'write these files to disc' even
though they are on a disc. No Picture tasks option.

--
[...]

August 1, 2004 6:55:38 PM

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:38:02 +0100, Lynn W wrote:

> Thanks Sharon and Ramesh. What I was querying was that when I open a folder
> of jpgs, in he left hands pane (when folders option isn't selected) you have
> Picture Tasks and the first item is View as a slide show. When I put the CD
> with the jpgs on I don't get that option. Picture tasks is replaced by CD
> writing tasks and gives you the option to 'write these files to disc' even
> though they are on a disc. No Picture tasks option.

Try going to the properties for the cd drive. On the Autoplay page, select
Pictures as the content type. Then select "view a slideshow..." as the
action to be performed.

Before burning a cd, place the images into a folder and customize the
folder as a picture folder. Then transfer to CD. Using this method the
pictures in the folder can be viewed via autoplay or via Explorer on a
folder by folder basis and the picture tasks will be available.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Hi Sharon
All the pictures that are on the CD are pictures taken from 'picture
folders' by that I mean that when that folder is opened I get the picture
options. I did try the 'right-clicking' on CD drive and then selecting
Pictures play a slideshow using Picture and Fax Viewer, and that worked.
Just curious as to how I would go about 'customising' a folder as a picture
folder.

--
> On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 11:38:02 +0100, Lynn W wrote:
>
> > Thanks Sharon and Ramesh. What I was querying was that when I open a
folder
> > of jpgs, in he left hands pane (when folders option isn't selected) you
have
> > Picture Tasks and the first item is View as a slide show. When I put
the CD
> > with the jpgs on I don't get that option. Picture tasks is replaced by
CD
> > writing tasks and gives you the option to 'write these files to disc'
even
> > though they are on a disc. No Picture tasks option.
>
> Try going to the properties for the cd drive. On the Autoplay page, select
> Pictures as the content type. Then select "view a slideshow..." as the
> action to be performed.
>
> Before burning a cd, place the images into a folder and customize the
> folder as a picture folder. Then transfer to CD. Using this method the
> pictures in the folder can be viewed via autoplay or via Explorer on a
> folder by folder basis and the picture tasks will be available.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 3:28:04 AM

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 00:28:38 +0100, Lynn W wrote:

> Hi Sharon
> All the pictures that are on the CD are pictures taken from 'picture
> folders' by that I mean that when that folder is opened I get the picture
> options. I did try the 'right-clicking' on CD drive and then selecting
> Pictures play a slideshow using Picture and Fax Viewer, and that worked.
> Just curious as to how I would go about 'customising' a folder as a picture
> folder.

Glad to hear you have slideshow working on CDs now.

To customize a folder: Create a new folder on your hard drive. Then right
click on it and select Properties. On the next screen that appears, click
the Customize tab. Select documents, pictures (a couple of choices in this
category), music, etc. What you choose as a customization determines which
"common tasks" pane will appear for the folder.

The details about the customization are kept in a hidden file named
"desktop.ini." Whenever you move/copy this folder, you may see a prompt
asking if this hidden file should be copied as well. Answer yes to the
prompt to keep the customization attached to the folder.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Thank you Sharon, I have tried making a new folder and then customizing it.
Can you tell me what the difference is between making it a Photo Album or a
Pictures folder?

--
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 00:28:38 +0100, Lynn W wrote:
>
> > Hi Sharon
> > All the pictures that are on the CD are pictures taken from 'picture
> > folders' by that I mean that when that folder is opened I get the
picture
> > options. I did try the 'right-clicking' on CD drive and then selecting
> > Pictures play a slideshow using Picture and Fax Viewer, and that worked.
> > Just curious as to how I would go about 'customising' a folder as a
picture
> > folder.
>
> Glad to hear you have slideshow working on CDs now.
>
> To customize a folder: Create a new folder on your hard drive. Then right
> click on it and select Properties. On the next screen that appears, click
> the Customize tab. Select documents, pictures (a couple of choices in this
> category), music, etc. What you choose as a customization determines which
> "common tasks" pane will appear for the folder.
>
> The details about the customization are kept in a hidden file named
> "desktop.ini." Whenever you move/copy this folder, you may see a prompt
> asking if this hidden file should be copied as well. Answer yes to the
> prompt to keep the customization attached to the folder.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 9:06:53 PM

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:01:02 +0100, Lynn W wrote:

> Thank you Sharon, I have tried making a new folder and then customizing it.
> Can you tell me what the difference is between making it a Photo Album or a
> Pictures folder?

The default view in Photo Album is filmstrip. The default in Pictures is
Thumbnails. Other than that, the two choices are identical. Photo Album is
usually more appropriate for folders that hold a small number of files.
Pictures is easier to work with when dealing with a large number of files.
The difference between "small number" and "large" would be your own comfort
level.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User