Question about VIA 4in1 drivers

knight0

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2001
Hello,

Is it safe for me to use the 4in1 drivers at the official VIA site with my motherboard, the Asus A7V133? It has a North Bridge chipset and the site says I should turn to Asus for the drivers because it is a hybrid chip. The Asus website seem to be having problems though. Should I just use the ones at VIA's official site? Thanks for any help.

Cooldoud

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2002
I'm not quite sure about that but if you've got a hybrid chipset, you shouldn't use the VIA drivers. You must wait for the ASUS web to be online and download their own drivers.

knight0

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2001
I decided just to go for it after messing with the Asus website for close to forever. Nothing seems different, for better or for worse.

pat

Expert
The a7v133 has the kt133A chipset from VIA. VIA chipset consist of two pieces, the north bridge AND the south bridge, as intel, ALI and some other chipset have.

So your motherboard doesnt have an hybrid chipset. hybrid chipset mostly come from some board with AMD chipset.
So it is safe to use VIA drivers from VIA web site

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

Nefas

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
Got the same board running on Xp pro, you wont notice any problems with the drivers unless you run a internal Zip drive. At the time the board come out there was talk about transfer problems between the North and South Bridge. I had initial problems getting the Zip to work and when i used the new drivers all my graphics settings went mad and couldn't be reset. Got it sorted by leaving well alone.

Whats this button do?